Author Topic: Weird/funny dreams you've had  (Read 147448 times)

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
Re: Weird/funny dreams you've had
« Reply #400 on: 05 August, 2014, 11:45:08 pm »
Last week sometime:

I met a bloke who said he was Mr. Larrington. For a while I believed him, but worked out it was not he, as this one was only 5'6", whilst the real Mr. Larrington is a tall person. However I carried on a conversation with him, congratulating him on his return to posting regularly. We were working in the same office, and I couldn't get my radio to work, so I couldn't get Radio 4. He, fortunately, had a bog old television, so we jibbled with that.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

« Reply #401 on: 06 August, 2014, 12:58:18 pm »
More of a nightmare really.  It was fine sunny day and I was out on my fastest steed.

Turned a corner to see a long steep hill ahead, about 7% and 1km before it disappeared around the next bend.  500m ahead was what looked like a woman in a red top, riding a shopper bike with a child seat on the back.  Oh well, I thought, make it a bit of a challenge, should easily catch her up before she reaches the 'top'.  But no, it was like that feeling when you try to run but nothing happens and the after the bend the hill just went on and on and the 'cyclist' was now out of sight.  Eventually in the distance I saw traffic lights ahead and waiting for the green was my adversary.  At last, i thought, am going to see what sort of cyclist can ride a utility bike that fast up a hill.  Again thwarted; the lights changed and the red cyclist sped off never to be seen again :o my confidence received a severe blow :-[

What's worse, this actually happened, yesterday.
Move Faster and Bake Things

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #402 on: 06 August, 2014, 02:09:10 pm »
Last week sometime:

I met a bloke who said he was Mr. Larrington. For a while I believed him, but worked out it was not he, as this one was only 5'6", whilst the real Mr. Larrington is a tall person. However I carried on a conversation with him, congratulating him on his return to posting regularly. We were working in the same office, and I couldn't get my radio to work, so I couldn't get Radio 4. He, fortunately, had a bog old television, so we jibbled with that.

I seem to have been appearing in a fair few dreams since I first entered the Gulag.  In future all such business should be conducted through my agent.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #403 on: 06 August, 2014, 04:43:08 pm »
Don't you have to join Equity?
Move Faster and Bake Things

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #404 on: 08 August, 2014, 07:45:11 am »
Last night I was getting married. I was with some friends getting ready - I had a long purple silk dress but decided to save that for the evening and wear a purple skirt suit instead. My flowers were weird. All the guests set off walking, me with them, to a sort of canteen place with trestle tables, where we were having the wedding meal before the ceremony. The waiter brought the starters round - burgers, filled bagels, or baked potato with posh cheese. I had the baked potato. I couldn't understand why most of the guests were there - they were people I hardly know and wouldn't have invited, ex-colleagues who retired years ago, etc. I was sitting at one table with some of the female guests, and my husband-to-be was at another table at the other side of the room. My family weren't there.

And the worst bit? I was marrying Alec Salmond.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #405 on: 08 August, 2014, 08:01:33 am »
And the worst bit? I was marrying Alec Salmond.
Should have said no!  ;D

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
« Reply #406 on: 15 August, 2014, 10:16:38 am »
Help! Woke myself up this morning as I couldn't cope with this one:

Friends and I were driving/meandering our way up some Bristol streets and saw, on our left, some chaps fighting. Do we stop? Do we intervene? Do we drive on? One then hit the other, he reeled back, and the other chap then speared him with a short scaffolding pole and pulled it out. The other chap retaliated by spearing him with a scaffolding pole, coming out the other side.

The dream did not resolve itself. Had to wake myself up. Horrible.
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

Riggers

« Reply #407 on: 21 August, 2014, 08:55:16 am »
Decided to run on a downslope off the cliff and fly down across the harbour (as you do) with the sun glinting on the water, and come to a safe landing near the harbour wall. Yes, I got my legs wet in the shallow water, but I finished in the telemark position, thank you!

Then tried various fishing boat owners, but eventually found a skipper who'd take me out to sea for £36 to do some fishing.

Ah, nice dream.

« Reply #408 on: 21 August, 2014, 09:41:33 am »
Something about having to drive to Cardiff to collect a forgotten ukulele, whilst a mistakenly-ordered candle in the shape of an Arduino slowly blinked LEDs and dribbled wax a bit.

I think this residency might be getting to me...

« Reply #409 on: 21 August, 2014, 09:53:13 am »
Tues night
We were living in a house much larger than our current one, with a dilapidated large shed, more of a barn. Behind the houses along the entire street were huge totally overgrown gardens. In these was a leopard. I was worried it would eat our cat, so I started feeding the leopard on tins of catfood and making friends with it.

Wed night
I was on a spaceship which did a nearly-crash landing on a planet due to a drive control malfunction. We then had trouble getting the drive started again, because the drive power initiator (which was a baked potato) was out of energy. I was recharging it by pedal-powered dynamo.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #410 on: 21 August, 2014, 10:10:31 am »
Most people would have shot the leopard with a magic dream gun.
Getting there...

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #411 on: 21 August, 2014, 11:40:52 am »
I dreamt that our house in the UK had been trashed* by the tenants and that the management company weren't prepared to help sort it out.
Oh no, wait. That wasn't a dream. It was me waking up in the middle of the night, worrying about reality.

* Trashed is an exaggeration, but we will need to do a lot of work before we can move back in.
216km from Marsh Gibbon

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #412 on: 21 August, 2014, 02:45:55 pm »

Or just filed it with the planning applications...

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #413 on: 21 August, 2014, 04:37:27 pm »
In a reprise of the dream I had on my first night in the Gulag, some unprincipled swine gave me a bottle of Scotch.  This time they'd decanted it into something more like a vase than a glass, rather than just handing me the bottle, so I had to drink it >:(

« Reply #414 on: 21 August, 2014, 04:43:03 pm »
In my dreamscapes, it would have been more likely for me to have fed the leopard on people. Or taught it to ride a bicycle.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #415 on: 21 August, 2014, 05:34:52 pm »
Could be just the Marmite working :D
"100% PURE FREAKING AWESOME"

Riggers

« Reply #416 on: 22 August, 2014, 08:52:56 am »
It wasn't 'weird' that the gathered friends said they were: "So jealous of us", getting the large house, and I pointed out, "Anyone can hire it", and it sleeps 10 people, but the fact that … I'm then transported on my way to the house in a replica 1960s purple liveried train that just manages to squeeze through the doorway of an aluminium-framed greenhouse. The train then terminates at some rough ground, where we're informed we have to make our way to another train station across, what is best described as, a quarry with all manner of cranes and lorries working.

Hhhmmm.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #417 on: 22 August, 2014, 09:14:15 am »
Would the git who dismantled all my electronic Stuffs and strewed them around a crowded dormitory please gather the bits and put them back together?  Why I was carrying all these Stuffs on PBP is just one of dreamlife's little mysteries.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #418 on: 23 August, 2014, 01:41:58 am »
To the lady forummer who magically transported herself back to my 1970s college common room whilst wearing blue and white frilly seersucker hotpants with matching halter top, I can honestly say that in real life you have much better fashion sense.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #419 on: 23 August, 2014, 11:02:37 am »

Or just filed it with the planning applications...

I read that to Mrs.Wow. She looked at me blankly for about 10 seconds and then started rolling about.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #420 on: 29 August, 2014, 04:58:30 pm »
She looked at me blankly for about 10 seconds and then started rolling about.
My cat does that a lot.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #421 on: 03 September, 2014, 09:01:32 am »
I had a dream last night where I was in a poly relationship with two others of this parish. Disappointingly, no hanky panky. No, I'm not saying who it was but they're not a couple in real life!

levitator

« Reply #422 on: 03 September, 2014, 06:36:09 pm »
I suppose, people who do a lot of cycling tend to get dreams about cycling.  Funny thing, in my dreams about cycling I never seem to get tired, nor to get the 'bonk' going uphills.  If only that were so in real life!  :(

A really weird one, a few nights ago, I was cycling along the main road near where I live and suddenly a sinkhole - you know one of those real biggy Guatemala jobbies - appears right in front of me.  And I do an Evil Kneivel leap straight across the sinkhole (like the bus in the movie Speed).  Then the dream continues with me frantically trying to flag down oncoming traffic.  And me tugging at my mobile to try and call the cops, but my phone doesn't work.  Then I woke up.....

I felt the need to go round and check, just in case.  No more than the usual rash of potholes...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #423 on: 03 September, 2014, 08:54:30 pm »
I had a dream the other night that featured baby vomit.

This was notable because it's the first time I've ever remembered a dream involving a smell.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #424 on: 03 September, 2014, 09:34:10 pm »
I had a dream the other night that featured baby vomit.

This was notable because it's the first time I've ever remembered a dream involving a smell.

Was any cheese involved earlier that evening?  If so, what sort? (so it can be avoided)
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup: