Author Topic: Richmond Park Apology  (Read 1762 times)

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
Richmond Park Apology
« on: 16 July, 2012, 01:37:21 pm »
I apologise unreservedly to the riders in Richmond yesterday for my behaviour.
It was indeed a dangerous overtake, and you were right to draw this toy attention.  I should have slowed, but regret that having achieved top revs I was gripped by the need to maintain it at all costs and you were clearly hanging back from passing the mini. I regret I went for the gap, which was not adult behaviour.
It was indeed fortunate for me that none of you were able to catch me in order to give me your advice, which I fear may not have been as complimentary of my prowess as I might have hoped.
Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird

Re: Richmond Park Apology
« Reply #1 on: 17 July, 2012, 12:44:50 pm »
Thas my boy, tis moments like this that give meaning to life, the opportunity to listen to a new (sometimes garbled) language, the welcoming cries from the masses, the raucous applause from the group (left oh to soon so far behind), the adrenalin fix that comes from the knowledge that if one meets again a cycle pump may not be used for what it is meant to be.
        Ah, these moments  ;D
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
« Reply #2 on: 17 July, 2012, 01:17:20 pm »
Having behaved badly it was imperative I got out of the park before the posse caught me. I expect you are familiar with the dilemma.  There were some tasty riders in there and it was only a matter of time and the approaching incline after the golf club - I could see them tearing the road up behind me in my mirror, looked like a lynch mob with me as the target. 
Fortunately my momentum, legs and lungs held out to the turn and I was able to swing off before I got strung up.
A success in its own way, but a bit dicey for a while. I think I will avoid the 1000 circuit for a week or two. Luckily it being Etape day the group was depleted and lacking its star pursuiters...
Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: 17 July, 2012, 01:21:19 pm »
Will you dare show your face at the Hell Rider nights again?
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk