Author Topic: London Surrey Cycle Classic (14th August)  (Read 1423 times)

Tim

London Surrey Cycle Classic (14th August)
« on: 21 July, 2011, 10:36:02 am »
It's the recce race for the games next year.

Is anyone going to go and watch (in which case you may want to keep in mind that there are restrictions on zig-zag road)?

Equally does anyone know which riders have signed up to ride this (beyond details of teams invited)?

http://www.londonpreparesseries.com/roadcycling/whos-competing/index.html

The signs warning about road closures have gone up, and I'm wondering whether there is a good enough pub with a garden overlooking the course.

JT

• Howay the lads!
    • CTC Peterborough
Re: London Surrey Cycle Classic (14th August)
« Reply #1 on: 21 July, 2011, 11:00:31 am »
I'm sure I've heard that Cav is riding this. I doubt he'll be riding it to win it though.
a great mind thinks alike

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: 21 July, 2011, 11:12:41 am »
This may be a good opportunity to test out any off-roading plans that you might have for reaching a good vantage point via MTB rather than via tarmac...
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: 21 July, 2011, 11:20:21 am »
The signs warning about road closures have gone up, and I'm wondering whether there is a good enough pub with a garden overlooking the course.

When the PruTour race went up Box Hill, I watched it's all-too-brief passage at what is now the Smith & Western pub on Boxhill Road.

linky to Google map
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche