Author Topic: Minecraft query  (Read 1945 times)

Minecraft query
« on: 27 March, 2023, 05:53:54 pm »
I understand sweet FA bout this and when I try to ask questions #1 on gets stressed and shouts at me.

We have minecraft on ipads
We have minecraft on PC

For some reason we can multiplayer with one of the iPads and the PC, but not the other iPad.

Why?

Daughter flips between NEEDING one or the other of the iPads, so it would be worth working out what's up
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

Re: Minecraft query
« Reply #1 on: 27 March, 2023, 05:58:12 pm »
Do you have the same edition on both ipads? You need bedrock edition to play cross-platform.
Another thing to check is the accounts used to sugn in on both ipads.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2 on: 27 March, 2023, 06:01:13 pm »
Also know nothing about Minecraft[1], but could this be a WiFi client isolation thing?  If the PC is wired, and given a typical consumer router with client isolation enabled the iPads would be able to connect to it, but not to each other.  Depends on what sockety things Minecraft is doing, of course.

[1] My inner 12 year old very much regrets that it wasn't invented before adult me didn't have time for such things.

« Reply #3 on: 27 March, 2023, 06:05:01 pm »
All I know about it is that a few years ago P (aged 10 at the time) burnt down her  8 year old brother's palace and the repercussions went on for some time

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #4 on: 27 March, 2023, 06:12:33 pm »
All I know about it is that a few years ago P (aged 10 at the time) burnt down her  8 year old brother's palace and the repercussions went on for some time

I had a similar experience around that age involving an Airfix Sopwith Camel, which was carelessly placed on the sill of the window I was climbing through.  Siblings!

« Reply #5 on: 27 March, 2023, 06:17:53 pm »
In this instance the in-game arson was intentional.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #6 on: 27 March, 2023, 06:24:31 pm »
In this instance the in-game arson was intentional.

The Camel-crushing was accidental, but neither Obnoxious Little Brotherâ„¢, nor parents (who were strong advocates of the 50% rule), believed it.  Over time I learned that it was better to embrace the injustice as a useful threat.

Anyway, useful lesson on the importance of fire safety.  Or something.

« Reply #7 on: 27 March, 2023, 11:23:06 pm »
Should work on both of signed in.

Minecraft gets addictive with kids until fortnite age. Then you're at the start of trouble! Minecraft is safe or nice addiction. Fortnite isn't,  especially if they have a headset.  I warn you delay fortnite change over for as long as possible and then limit user from day one!

Mood swings and frustration aggression are common features reported on fortnite addiction. Ours is 10 and fortnite obsessive. 13 crown wins in latest season which is weeks since coming out, so he's pretty good.  He's not too bad but we have to limit his playing. Plus fallout with friends when they shoot each other in the back of the head when I a team mission.

BTW kids and minecraft equals amazing builds on survival mode. Most parents and minecraft equals earth hut and creative mode. It's amazing what they can do.  Also fun spending time with your kids in their minecraft world doing a joint build.  Just accept they'll do 10 rooms before you've even had time to put torch lighting.  Theirs will all have fancy lighting blocks or chandeliers. All done on survival when you're on creative!  Or is that just me and my talented minecrafter kid.  He's gone right off it and even further off playing anything with me now!