Author Topic: Spotify  (Read 1526 times)

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
Spotify
« on: 04 December, 2009, 10:16:00 pm »
Anyone got any spare invites?  Would love one if you could spare it *does bambi eyes*

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
Re: Spotify
« Reply #1 on: 04 December, 2009, 10:42:13 pm »
mmm me too :)
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #2 on: 04 December, 2009, 10:53:40 pm »
Can I add son no 1 to this list?
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

« Reply #3 on: 05 December, 2009, 11:40:51 am »
Ah, Spotify. I'd heard all about how Spotify was The Future, and it would be free legal downloadable music on the internets. So I went and had a look (I don't do the whole illegal dowlnoading thing), and saw that you had to be invited. So it's not freely available, so what's the point? >:(

(would also appreciate an invite if it's worth it, though I don't know whether it is, because I can't tell without an invite...  ::-) )
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

« Reply #4 on: 05 December, 2009, 11:53:46 am »
I've got some spare invites but I need your email addresses. I'm not some Nigerian spammer, honest :P
It didn't look at all like that in the photographs

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #5 on: 05 December, 2009, 12:21:19 pm »
Waddya mean, "invited"?. I just downloaded it and it worked. Have they changed it? It's not a 'download music' site anyway. It's a 'play music' one. Of course you can record the stuff in real time as it plays if you want, but I think it's mainly a jukeboxy thing.
There's no vibrations, but wait.

Rapples

« Reply #6 on: 05 December, 2009, 12:44:45 pm »
Waddya mean, "invited"?.

Bloody gatecrashers >:(

;D ;D ;D

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #7 on: 05 December, 2009, 12:52:39 pm »
Moi?

I just had a squint at it and I guess it must have changed since I downloaded it. Anyway, I've only got the freebie so I can't invite anyone.
There's no vibrations, but wait.

Mike J

• Guinea Pig Person
« Reply #8 on: 05 December, 2009, 12:53:23 pm »
I'd like an invite if anyone has any spare too.

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of NĂºmenor
« Reply #9 on: 05 December, 2009, 01:55:47 pm »
It was invite only - then went open. Now it is available on iphone, it's gone to invite again. Luckily I set up an account while it was open.

Invites (as far as I can tell) are only given to paying subscribers to hand out.

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of NĂºmenor
« Reply #10 on: 05 December, 2009, 02:01:06 pm »
Or you can try the back door identified here:
Spotify Invite Not Needed?

« Reply #11 on: 05 December, 2009, 03:06:09 pm »
Waddya mean, "invited"?. I just downloaded it and it worked. Have they changed it? It's not a 'download music' site anyway. It's a 'play music' one. Of course you can record the stuff in real time as it plays if you want, but I think it's mainly a jukeboxy thing.

Yes, same with Mrs Nutty.  She just downloaded, played, got bored and I haven't heard it on recently.

It was a peer to peer real time music streamer for tracks you chose.  Fine for just listening, but the amount of her hard drive it used up for its cache was quite a lot; and I was interested in just how many connections she had open to other computers around the internet.

It was invite only - then went open. Now it is available on iphone, it's gone to invite again. Luckily I set up an account while it was open.

Invites (as far as I can tell) are only given to paying subscribers to hand out.

<mode=nutty>
Bloomin iPhone users, ruining it for the rest of us.
</mode=nutty>
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #12 on: 05 December, 2009, 03:50:15 pm »

I've never paid a penny for Spotify. I guess I get invites as I was on Beta.
It didn't look at all like that in the photographs

chris

• (aka chris)
« Reply #13 on: 05 December, 2009, 04:18:45 pm »
You don't need an invite, just go to -

http://www.spotify.com/en/get-started

and sign up for a free account (which plays an advert every 30 min or so).

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #14 on: 14 December, 2009, 09:11:26 am »
Or you can try the back door identified here:
Spotify Invite Not Needed?

Thanks (and to Chris).  That works - and as Ms Weasel said, all I have to do now is post that link on twitter saying "Free spotify access, invite not needed" and everyone will assume I am a spambot and block me.