Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Where The Wild Things Are / Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Last post by Mrs Pingu on Today at 09:35:40 am »
Came in from hanging the washing out to find Pumpkin with her head in my bowl of oats soaking in milk.
Guess she's gonna have the squits later then  >:(
Grow Your Own / Re: New Lawnmower?
« Last post by mike on Today at 09:19:53 am »

Out of interest, what was the Weibang model you got? Have you used it yet?

the 50 SVP.  Not used it yet, will deliver it this weekend and give it a go then, if it ever stops raining..

OT Knowledge / Re: Mixer Tap regulations
« Last post by matthew on Today at 09:05:56 am »
Or if the hot water is potable, as per a combi boiler.

Kim this is not possible, under the water regs, potable water is class 1, water with an aesthetic change e.g. of temperature, is class 2 and requires a back flow prevention device. The classes make their way through to class 5 for containing toxins, carcinogens etc. and the resilience of the device gets more stringent the worse the fluid.

The reason that the combi boiler doesn't need a backflow protection device is because the water is from the source (mains) and therefore at the same pressure and cannot reverse the flow, if the combi boiler was being fed from a header tank in the loft the pressures would be different and the backflow protection device would be required.
Rides and Touring / Re: Harrogate ride <60km?
« Last post by yorkie on Today at 09:04:53 am »
If you head to Ripley, you could carry on northwards to Fountains Abbey (out of Ripley on the B6165 towards Pateley Bridge, then first right signposted Fountains Abbey)
That will take you onto the Way of the Roses cycle route (NCN 688) to Fountains Abbey at the end of Watergate Road.

You could then continue along NCN 688 through Studley Royal deer park (through the back gate, pedestrians and cycles only) and on through Ripon. The return to Harrogate can be through Littlethorpe, past Bishop Monkton and Burton Leonard to Knaresborough.

The last bit to Harrogate can be along the Beryl Burton Cycleway (turn right immediately after the A59 bridge over the River Nidd in Knaresborough, opposite the entrance to Mother Shipton's Cave)

Cafes are available at: Ripley Castle, Fountains Abbey Visitor Centre, Ripon City Centre, and Knaresborough Town Centre.

A quick "rough and ready" plot of this route in RwGPS gives a distance of 48km (starts and finishes at Harrogate Railway Station (East Parade side)) and approximately 400m climbing.

Hope this gives you a rough idea of a route.

Edit:
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/46281562 is the rough plot, feel free to borrow and adapt as you wish.
Where The Wild Things Are / Re: Signs of Spring
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 08:52:24 am »
Jan and I saw our first swallows last Saturday, somewhere in the Teifi valley not long after leaving Basil’s house. We have seen a few since, but nothing like the vast numbers we saw here in April last year.
Online quizzes / Re: Wordle
« Last post by rr on Today at 08:44:52 am »
Wordle 1,035 3/6

🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Rides and Touring / Harrogate ride <60km?
« Last post by andyoxon on Today at 08:28:15 am »
Any thoughts on a good ride route, for 2-3hrs+ start & finish in Harrogate, at a weekend.

Nidderdale greenway to Ripley and around somewhere?

Where The Wild Things Are / Re: Signs of Spring
« Last post by rafletcher on Today at 08:24:28 am »
Bonfire by the gardeners at Chuch Farm (the main manor house in the village).
Audax / Re: Double Dutch, Ship of the Fens 200
« Last post by GdS on Today at 08:16:24 am »
Looking forward to tomorrow! 🌷

Martin, will there be any tea / coffee at the start or do we sort our own?

no sorry I can't cope with over 130 riders  :(

'spoons will be open from 7 but I don't want to swamp them without notice. Sainsbury's petrol station may have hot drinks; or there's a Greggs in the High St or at the petrol station on the first roundabout en route.
The Pub / Re: What have you fettled today?
« Last post by De Sisti on Today at 08:16:17 am »
I fitted a new Stronglight Impact Triple chainset to my Dolan Dual bike. I've ordered similar
chainset for my other two bikes.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10