Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Grow Your Own / Re: What have you done on the plot today?
« Last post by MikeFromLFE on Today at 05:09:34 pm »
Earlier in the week the neighbours had their horrid Leylandii hedge that borders my garden chopped back very hard.

We contributed to the cost partly as a bribe to getting it done and partly because I could no longer get to the top of the thing - and they couldn't either.
The workers were very good about clearing the brash that fell on my side, but today's job has been trying to clear the rest of it (mostly small stuff) and reinstating the hole in the hedge that the cat and other wildlife use.

It's surprising how much extra light we've got in the house, let alone the garden.
The Knowledge / Re: My linear-pull brake arm had jammed outboard bearing
« Last post by rr on Today at 05:05:31 pm »
SHIMANO DEORE XT V-BRAKE Caliper for Trekking BR-T780
Look like they may have the bush that you want and seem to available to buy.
Freewheeling / Re: Pilgrimage Symposium, 17/Apr/24, London
« Last post by Graeme on Today at 05:00:43 pm »
Saving it for this evening, Graeme.  But I glanced just now and had a smile at Dean's famous aphorism!

He's so quotable.
« Last post by Graeme on Today at 05:00:16 pm »
I had a wonderful couple of days as a pilgrim, and I've written up my thoughts here:

https://fatherhilarious.blog/2024/04/pilgrimage/

It's a longish read.
😇

It's a longaih but brilliant reason, you've got quite a talent for writing. If you remember message me when next year's is set as would be something I'd love to attend

It would be lovely to share the journey. If you have a moment, subscribe to the British Pilgrimage Trust for updates.
« Last post by Peter on Today at 04:55:37 pm »
Saving it for this evening, Graeme.  But I glanced just now and had a smile at Dean's famous aphorism!
The Knowledge / Re: Routes around Ely?
« Last post by ElyDave on Today at 04:52:09 pm »
Aha, a bridge! Thats why I've never gone that way, I've looked on OS maps and satellite and not seen an obvious way over the river. Maybe on my offroad meanderings this year.
« Last post by The Family Cyclist on Today at 04:49:54 pm »
I had a wonderful couple of days as a pilgrim, and I've written up my thoughts here:

It's a longish read.
😇

It's a longaih but brilliant reason, you've got quite a talent for writing. If you remember message me when next year's is set as would be something I'd love to attend
The Pub / Re: Flights of Fancy
« Last post by DuncanM on Today at 04:35:48 pm »
Oh. That's not a great start.  Here, have this consolatory cup of tea and a biscuit.  You're not alone though, I've spent the last couple of evenings repairing a couple of mine after Saturday's excursion to Trinity.

As for the roll.
- Misaligned / warped flying surface(s)?
- Does it have a hefty motor giving a torque induced roll?
The motor was just a small drone one, but I was running it on 3s, so it was a bit punchy.
So I tried it on Wednesday at Begbrooke with a 2s battery, and with the help of Andy I got it all nicely trimmed and it flew OK. And then I went out after it had been raining when it was a bit dark, and flew over my head and lost orientation and crashed it again. Need to fix the nose now.

I've been flying today though, and while I pranged the Multiplex (low sun, meaning it turned into a silhouette, and I did several rolls and parked it the right way up in a field), I got 2 decent flights including 2 landings on my MIG 15. The nose got a bit crumpled in a bad hand launch, so it needs a bit of repair again, but that's not really flying damage, so I'm happy with that!
« Last post by Graeme on Today at 04:32:19 pm »

It's a longish read.
😇
The Pub / Re: What have you fettled today?
« Last post by robgul on Today at 04:25:58 pm »
Having had a man fettle three Leylandii to the ground yesterday (the chipper machine was just brilliant) my day has been tidying up and fixing the fence now visible behind said departed trees - followed by pressure-washing the slabs at the end of the garden, much pigeon shit from the perches in the trees that no longer offer perches  :thumbsup:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10