Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 868398 times)

mcshroom

• Mushroom
Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #1325 on: 20 August, 2011, 09:35:35 pm »
Butterfly bars and black bar tape (while 'looking' round a new LBS :facepalm:)

Also some Revolution waterproof panniers reduced to £40 in the sale :D
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #1326 on: 22 August, 2011, 11:38:41 am »
Italia World Cup 2010 cycling jersey

A slightly frivolous purchase but I could do with another jersey for commuting (to be sure of having a clean one for every day of the week) and it was a decent price on probikekit.com.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #1327 on: 22 August, 2011, 04:26:19 pm »
A couple of Knog Nerd wireless computers, from Rutland, rather than Wiggle or ChainReaction, because Rutland were substantially cheaper (so long as I didn't want it in black).
Actually, it is rocket science.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #1328 on: 22 August, 2011, 06:28:08 pm »
Something slightly important....

A set of JagWire cables for the InBred

Oh and a triple mech for the Holdsworth, so I can swap the compact for triple (as road chainsets won't fit the Inbred :( grrrrrr)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #1329 on: 22 August, 2011, 06:53:02 pm »
32 ScotchLite spoke reflectormajigs, at a total cost of around £14 from Amazon - for now, they'll be shared equally between OrangeGina and my Dave Yates on the fairly sensible premise that they're (currently) the two bikes I'm most likely to use for night riding.

« Reply #1330 on: 23 August, 2011, 12:43:21 am »
A Merino jersey from Planet X for £20 because the On-One doesn't have pockets.
Allow me to explain through the medium of interpretive dance

« Reply #1331 on: 23 August, 2011, 12:50:54 pm »
A set of Garde boue SALMON anodisé argent. I went to the source as it seems impossible to get them from a UK retailer now. My French isn't up to much, and Google Translate was employed - I seem to have a confirmation email, so let's hope they turn up some time soon!

citoyen

« Reply #1332 on: 23 August, 2011, 12:59:08 pm »

Dammit, wish I'd known about them when shopping for jerseys yesterday. They look good. Can't really afford to buy yet another jersey but I might have to get one anyway...

d.

tiermat

« Reply #1333 on: 23 August, 2011, 05:07:51 pm »
Thanks to the link upthread, 4 merino baselayers and a Planet-X merino jersey.

I expect to be nice and toasty, on the bike and off, this winter.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

citoyen

« Reply #1334 on: 23 August, 2011, 06:27:55 pm »
I can't really afford it but sod it, I've gone and ordered two of those nice stealth-black LS merino jerseys.

My decision may have been influenced by current unseasonal climatic conditions.

d.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1335 on: 23 August, 2011, 06:53:41 pm »
It arrived. We fitted wheels and pedals in the car park round the back of the office (where it was delivered), phoned islabikes to work out what to do about it having the wrong tyres (fitted with cx tyres, we'd ordered marathons....) and then he rode it home.

Happy cub.

« Reply #1336 on: 23 August, 2011, 07:42:37 pm »

Those look rather nice
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #1337 on: 23 August, 2011, 07:54:22 pm »

Those look rather nice
They do, and the XXL ones are appropriately 'fat bastard' sized .... a plan is forming  :demon:

EDIT: The jerseys aren't, but the base layers most certainly are ....

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #1338 on: 23 August, 2011, 07:56:39 pm »
It arrived. ...and then he rode it home.

Happy cub.
Could this be the understatement of the month?
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

« Reply #1339 on: 23 August, 2011, 08:31:21 pm »
Ordered 1 x Lezyne micro floor drive HP, off the inter webs. Package arrived this morning, contained not one but two Lezyne micro floor drive HP pumps. Checked invoice, yep, billed for one. Don't know what to do about the other.

Frere

tiermat

« Reply #1340 on: 23 August, 2011, 08:41:46 pm »
Ordered 1 x Lezyne micro floor drive HP, off the inter webs. Package arrived this morning, contained not one but two Lezyne micro floor drive HP pumps. Checked invoice, yep, billed for one. Don't know what to do about the other.

Frere

Morally the right thing to do is to ring the uspplier and tell them of their mistake.

The immoral thing to do is to keep both and claim you had only received one if the supplier rings/emails you to ask.

The middle ground is to keep quiet and see if they ring/email you, if they do claim to have only just opened the package and "yes there is 2 in there, would you like the other one back?"

The choice of what to do is left as an exercise for the reader, and their concience

« Reply #1341 on: 23 August, 2011, 09:40:11 pm »

Frere

You should give it to me for a rigorous road trial and/or check your bank statement very very carefully. Fabulous bit of kit btw you will not regret it.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #1342 on: 23 August, 2011, 11:38:02 pm »

Sorry about thay, guys. I seem to be a bit of a bad influence ...
Allow me to explain through the medium of interpretive dance

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #1343 on: 23 August, 2011, 11:46:48 pm »
A pair of bib shorts since my favourite pair - Endura FS 260 pros - are a bit long in the tooth now.  Almost nowhere has stock in the correct size (new version on the way, I guess) so I've taken a risk and gone for something different (Lusso pro gel).

Fingers crossed that I'll get on OK with these (some searching on here earlier on pulled up enough positive comments that I think they'll be fine).
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

« Reply #1344 on: 23 August, 2011, 11:49:58 pm »

Frere

Morally the right The only thing to do is to ring/email the supplier and tell them of their mistake.

FTFY.

If they don't reply or insist that they're correct then it's your's.
If they want it returning then they pay the postage. Ideally they then give you a  voucher.

There really is no other way  O:-)

« Reply #1345 on: 24 August, 2011, 12:01:31 am »
A pair of bib shorts since my favourite pair - Endura FS 260 pros - are a bit long in the tooth now.  Almost nowhere has stock in the correct size (new version on the way, I guess) so I've taken a risk and gone for something different (Lusso pro gel).

Fingers crossed that I'll get on OK with these (some searching on here earlier on pulled up enough positive comments that I think they'll be fine).

I was a keen advocate of Lusso Pro Gel shorts (much better than Assos IMO).
My latest pair of Lusso Pro Gel are nowhere near as good. They've changed the pad. It's not gel, it's foam.
For my next pair of shorts/bibs, I'm probably going back to Assos. Shame.

« Reply #1346 on: 24 August, 2011, 11:50:42 am »
Yesterday a little USB rechargeable light thingy from Wiggle, a Park mug, and a 16" spare inner tube for the Yak Bob (all in their Clearance sale).  Also a pair of Knog Nerd wireless computers, from Rutland, who had them cheaper than anyone else, so long as you didn't want them in black! (red and white are fine for me).  I'm getting annoyed with the wired ones failing, and I've pretty much run out of spares.

Today, three inner tubes on the way into work, having just exploded the last correct sized one, and using one which is a mite too narrow for the fairly wide tyres on the Kaffenback.  It's probably fine, you can get away with quite a lot with inner tubes, but I didn't pump it up hard anyway, just to be on the safe size (only 80psi!)
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #1347 on: 24 August, 2011, 12:42:08 pm »
Pump update: emailed them, and awaiting a SAE to send back the 2nd Lezyne micro floor pump HP.

Frere

tiermat

« Reply #1348 on: 24 August, 2011, 12:44:20 pm »
Just been and picked up the brakes for the InBred, as well as a chain and BB spacers.

Front Ultegra mech arrived this morning, just awaiting cables (which should arrive today) and a cassette.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #1349 on: 26 August, 2011, 01:22:48 am »
Alivo compact mtb chainset to lower my gearing for climbing hills fully loaded
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!