Author Topic: First-World Problems.  (Read 333677 times)

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
Re: First-World Problems.
« Reply #2075 on: 14 November, 2019, 02:31:10 pm »
My local Sainsburys seems to have stopped stocking 'taste the difference' pain au chocolat
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2076 on: 14 November, 2019, 03:20:33 pm »
and 'Taste the Difference' Wild Cranberry Sauce.

ian

« Reply #2077 on: 14 November, 2019, 05:01:29 pm »
Can you actually taste the difference? I figure they just put that on a posher designed label and add a £1 to the price tag so you get bragging rights over the slobs forced to consume things out of plain packets labelled 'value.'

True fact, in Hell, the supermarkets have a 'Found in Rubbish Bin' range. Other than that, the supermarkets are pretty much the same as ours, the finest demonic minds worked hard to make a supermarket worse that Tescos on Saturday afternoon and had to admit failure. Diabolical perfection had already been achieved.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2078 on: 14 November, 2019, 05:23:01 pm »
I call it 'Pay the Difference' but there's less water (ie more sugar) in TTD Cranberry jam Sauce.

They've sneakily up-badged their Rocky Road Bites, which has redirected my tax-free chocolate consumption. (CAEK is tax-free, confectionary is VATted at 20%)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #2079 on: 14 November, 2019, 06:18:29 pm »
True fact, in Hell, the supermarkets have a 'Found in Rubbish Bin' range. Other than that, the supermarkets are pretty much the same as ours, the finest demonic minds worked hard to make a supermarket worse that Tescos on Saturday afternoon and had to admit failure. Diabolical perfection had already been achieved.
So Asdal have managed what your finest demonic minds could not!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

ian

« Reply #2080 on: 14 November, 2019, 06:50:29 pm »
They did struggle, even Finestre, the Demon of Such Things, took time from an Excel redesign to consult. There was nothing to be done. Admittedly, the meat counters in Hell are bit more, well, interesting, and the more spectacularly damned are confined to the innards of self-checkout machines.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #2081 on: 15 November, 2019, 11:34:28 am »
Can you actually taste the difference? I figure they just put that on a posher designed label and add a £1 to the price tag so you get bragging rights over the slobs forced to consume things out of plain packets labelled 'value.'

The not-posh cod fillets I was obliged to buy the other week were not as nice as the TTD ones I usually get, but then again that could be some kind of placebo effect.  If Mr Sainsbury would like to fund an exhaustive series of double-blind tests involving the nomming lots of fish the both me and TV's Marcel Kitteh are open to offers.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #2082 on: 16 November, 2019, 09:21:45 pm »
I've forgotten my swiss army knife in hand luggage several times. Had one confiscated in Norway, because of the saw.

On other notes, is there special training given to shoe shop employees in how NOT to lace shoes properly?

I acquired a pair of Timberland boots yesterday, with that weird straight lacing pattern you get from shops.  Now fixed.

All you ever wanted to know about lacing shoes    https://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/lacingmethods.htm

And you probably are tying your shoe laces wrong. About five years ago I ran across that site an now my shoe laces remain secure and don't work loose.

https://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/grannyknot.htm

Takes a while to get used to doing it but its very effective especially with round cross section laces.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2083 on: 16 November, 2019, 11:34:36 pm »

Takes a while to get used to doing it but its very effective especially with round cross section laces.

:facepalm:

I'm fully aware of the hazards of granny knots, but it seems the muscle memory I developed for shoelaces as a child is doing the opposite of what I'm careful to do when tying a reef knot in any other situation.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #2084 on: 16 November, 2019, 11:46:17 pm »

The not-posh cod fillets I was obliged to buy the other week were not as nice as the TTD ones I usually get, but then again that could be some kind of placebo effect.  If Mr Sainsbury would like to fund an exhaustive series of double-blind tests involving the nomming lots of fish the both me and TV's Marcel Kitteh are open to offers.

M Kitteh: Also, miaow!

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #2085 on: 17 November, 2019, 08:41:53 am »
I've forgotten my swiss army knife in hand luggage several times. Had one confiscated in Norway, because of the saw.

On other notes, is there special training given to shoe shop employees in how NOT to lace shoes properly?

I acquired a pair of Timberland boots yesterday, with that weird straight lacing pattern you get from shops.  Now fixed.

All you ever wanted to know about lacing shoes    https://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/lacingmethods.htm

And you probably are tying your shoe laces wrong. About five years ago I ran across that site an now my shoe laces remain secure and don't work loose.

Reminds me of a cartoon I once saw.

A bloke is tying a woman to a railway line.  Passing Boy Scout (uniform, hat, badges, pole): "Reef knot? Right over left..."
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #2086 on: 17 November, 2019, 03:34:29 pm »
Waitrose have sold out of Edgar dragons.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
« Reply #2087 on: 19 November, 2019, 05:08:22 pm »

Finally, the internet is useful.

(I can’t believe I didn’t know this)
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2088 on: 01 December, 2019, 09:50:43 pm »
I have eaten more mince pies that my usual ration.

Each pie is leaving me feeling full for several hours.

Will have to desist...

It's only 1 December...

« Reply #2089 on: 02 December, 2019, 08:02:22 am »
P+1😉
the slower you go the more you see

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #2090 on: 02 December, 2019, 08:33:17 am »
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

rr

« Reply #2091 on: 02 December, 2019, 12:34:38 pm »
My local Sainsburys seems to have stopped stocking 'taste the difference' pain au chocolat
Get thee to Lidl, at least as good and half the price.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2092 on: 02 December, 2019, 12:50:11 pm »
I've made it a personal 'rule' to limit myself to six mince pies per festive season as they no longer seem special thereafter and contain TOO MUCH of everything.

O seldom touch them before 1 December but made exceptions, first at Betty's in Northallerton and later when almost forced.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #2093 on: 02 December, 2019, 01:21:28 pm »
They forgot to include dental floss with the corn on the cob again. Tut.

« Reply #2094 on: 02 December, 2019, 08:30:42 pm »
Lidl have lebkuchen in again as its coming up Christmas. Oh dear, I am weak willed.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2095 on: 02 December, 2019, 09:30:17 pm »
Lidl have lebkuchen in again as its coming up Christmas. Oh dear, I am weak willed.
I like Lebkuchen. Partner does not.
Usually wait till they are ½ price at Sainsbury's, then hide them from his sight...

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #2096 on: 09 December, 2019, 09:42:41 am »
Wretched 'live' news articles that you have to read from the bottom up.

« Reply #2097 on: 09 December, 2019, 11:12:18 am »
Mashed potato that could be used to fix limpet mines.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2098 on: 09 December, 2019, 09:44:58 pm »

"This side towards enemy"

« Reply #2099 on: 09 December, 2019, 09:50:09 pm »

"This side towards enemy"

That's a Claymore mine.   Used to spray a cloud of bullet hard peas in an offensive manner. 
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark