Author Topic: Sh!te courier thread  (Read 143318 times)

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #525 on: 11 November, 2020, 10:02:46 pm »

Got an email to say that my jacket is being sent back to me after it was repaired. Yay! Then I read the email, and the address it lists is missing the house number. So it'll never arrive... cos it's a UK system and it's truncated the last digits off the address line, which are most important... Have emailed the company sending the parcel, and sent a tweet to the courier (parcel farce). Let's see how we get on with fixing it...

J

Parcelforce refuse to do anything from my end, as it has to be the sender who asks them to change it. I have contacted the sender, who will see if they can update the address label.

The jacket has made it to .NL, so in theory if the label is fixed, I'll get it tomorrow.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #526 on: 14 November, 2020, 12:36:33 pm »
I just got a tracking email from Herpes.  The body consisting of one word: "null".

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #527 on: 14 November, 2020, 12:39:42 pm »
I just got a tracking email from Herpes.  The body consisting of one word: "null".

Well at least they are honest about the odds of your parcel arriving intact.

J
--

« Reply #528 on: 14 November, 2020, 02:26:10 pm »
Random information but
FedEx own TNT, and DHL own UK Mail.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #529 on: 14 November, 2020, 05:11:06 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #530 on: 14 November, 2020, 06:07:02 pm »

Well at least they are honest about the odds of your parcel arriving intact.

null was delivered about 40 minutes later, mildly dented.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #531 on: 15 November, 2020, 10:16:24 pm »
Parcelforce refuse to do anything from my end, as it has to be the sender who asks them to change it. I have contacted the sender, who will see if they can update the address label.

The jacket has made it to .NL, so in theory if the label is fixed, I'll get it tomorrow.

J

Arrived Friday. All in all the address faff added only one extra day to the transit. Not bad.

Now waiting for a package from the states, and a few from china...

Patience...

J
--

« Reply #532 on: 16 November, 2020, 09:01:21 pm »
My Hermes package is now 3 hours late.   Their tracker says it will be here by 18:00...

Edit !  Just delivered,  while I've got something bubbling on the stove.  So I'll have to run down & grab it later. 
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #533 on: 28 November, 2020, 01:39:02 pm »
Ordered an A1 picture frame from an Ebay seller a few weeks ago. After a couple of days I had a message saying it had been despatched with an ETA. As it is large, I put the delivery address as my place of work. Cometh the day,cometh not the package.  Wait a few days, still not arrived. Got on with other stuffs and eventually the other day contacted the seller. Their tracking info says it was left with a neighbour on the 16th, see drop card for details. The next door neighbours of the unit I gave for delivery are our factory and the tiny office where I lurk. No drop card either. Contact seller again for more details. They say call Sh!te courier. I endure 15 minutes of horrid hold music then speak to a human. She says the info on their website is wrong, it wasn't left with a neighbour , it's in their depot. She couldn't explain why it wasn't delivered or why the info was wrong. Delivery rescheduled for Monday. Why they hadn't called me I know not. DX Delivery,you are not my favourite courier right now.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

« Reply #534 on: 28 November, 2020, 01:50:23 pm »
Unusually, my Amazon delivery to work was left in reception. Which is just a hallway with a chair and a phone, open to anyone who chances to enter. Luckily (unlike the Sonos Playbase similarly left there by Hermes a couple of years ago) it was relatively inexpensive, and a passing colleague brought i5 up to me.

To be fair, in 3 1/2 years, they are the only 2 that haven’t been taken around to Goods In.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #535 on: 01 December, 2020, 08:50:09 am »
Can you guess what happened yesterday?  Was my package delivered betwen 0900 and 1700? Was it bollocks.

Phoned the not helpful line at DX this morning.  "Unfortunately we were unable to deliver it yesterday. We will reschedule for tomorrow, 2nd Decmeber" said the robotoic voice.

"Fuck off" said Tim, and slammed the phone down. No option to speak to a Real Human

<goes off to make $Brown_Drink before something gets broken>

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #536 on: 01 December, 2020, 11:47:39 am »
I have a new laptop arriving today... via DHL, whose tracking app leaves much to be desired.  Apparently I shall receive it at some time before the end of the day.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #537 on: 01 December, 2020, 11:50:54 am »
Amazingly Hermes have a new guy local to me and he has been far more reliable than the one he seems to have replaced.  As more and more sellers seem to be opting for Hermes I hope this little flurry of efficiency is not short lived.

Regulator

« Reply #538 on: 01 December, 2020, 11:53:57 am »
Amazingly Hermes have a new guy local to me and he has been far more reliable than the one he seems to have replaced.  As more and more sellers seem to be opting for Hermes I hope this little flurry of efficiency is not short lived.

We have a regular DPD man, Emil, who is fab.  Unfortunately, he is leaving due to Brexit...

Green Party Councillor

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #539 on: 01 December, 2020, 08:15:56 pm »
Can you guess what happened yesterday?  Was my package delivered betwen 0900 and 1700? Was it bollocks.

Ah DX. Commiserations. I hope you're at home in general because eventually they might just leave it outside your house and run away.
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

Regulator

« Reply #540 on: 02 December, 2020, 11:45:19 am »

Ah DX. Commiserations. I hope you're at home in general because eventually they might just leave it outside your house and run away.

DX used to be excellent, when they were doing what they were originally set up for - exchanging legal documents.  Since they've expanded they've become crap.

Green Party Councillor

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #541 on: 02 December, 2020, 01:15:16 pm »

DX used to be excellent, when they were doing what they were originally set up for - exchanging legal documents.  Since they've expanded they've become crap.
Having had $Brown_Drink yesterday I phoned their Not Help Line again. No chance to speak to people, only robots. No chance for a delivery yesterday, so rescheduled for today. Had an email from them this morning saying they were sorry I'd been having problems but they're really busy. That was in response to an email I sent Monday.  Then I had a text saying they can't deliver today and to go to the rebooking site. Which shows it as scheduled for "my chosen date".  Load of nonsense.

Reg- ah legal documents, of course. That's what the DXnnnnnn number on Solicitors' addresses is about then?

ian

« Reply #542 on: 02 December, 2020, 01:43:10 pm »

My optical supplier did once briefly use DX to distribute through-the-post contact lenses. You know, the packages that are specifically designed to go through your letterbox. DX demanded they be signed for, or took them back.

That didn't last long, for obvious reasons.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #543 on: 02 December, 2020, 02:19:56 pm »

Having had $Brown_Drink yesterday I phoned their Not Help Line again. No chance to speak to people, only robots. No chance for a delivery yesterday, so rescheduled for today. Had an email from them this morning saying they were sorry I'd been having problems but they're really busy. That was in response to an email I sent Monday.  Then I had a text saying they can't deliver today and to go to the rebooking site. Which shows it as scheduled for "my chosen date".  Load of nonsense.

Reg- ah legal documents, of course. That's what the DXnnnnnn number on Solicitors' addresses is about then?

I think you'll find that fewer and fewer solicitors* are using DX (it was originally set up for them) with the advent of this new-fangled e-mail stuff . .. and that "virtual signatures" rather then "wet signatures" are now valid.

*the one we use for property stuff is a big group with about 30 locations and they dropped DX in December 2019.

« Reply #544 on: 03 December, 2020, 09:45:57 am »
RM still claiming they'll deliver my keyboard between 8am and midday today despite it still showing as being 116 miles away in the Bristol MC, but then RM do often have times when they fail to scan the parcel on the way through and the first thing you know about it is the doorbell going.

Luckily I've:-
a) got some work to distract me
b) already mentally resigned myself to the fact it won't come today and will be here tomorrow
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #545 on: 03 December, 2020, 03:01:51 pm »
As expected, nothing.

RM tracking site still says they have access to a time machine and it will be with me this morning.

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #546 on: 03 December, 2020, 04:54:15 pm »
After my last experience with a violent DHL driver, when I was told to expect a DHL delivery yesterday I diverted it to a drop-off point locally. DHL confirmed that it had been dropped off and gave me the codes to recover the package. I duly arrived at the drop-off location today. No parcel. Never seen it. There is no way of sensibly getting hold of DHL to find out what's happened to it. All I can do is wait for wherever it's ended up to return it to DHL who hopefully will return it to the sender - who can then do as I originally asked and use someone else!

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #547 on: 03 December, 2020, 07:33:50 pm »
I cannot complain about DPD.  I ordered some beer from belgium a couple of weeks ago.  Then another order this week.  DPD delivered the first in two days from Belgium. They slipped bit this busy week. Mondays order only arrived today (3 days)

« Reply #548 on: 04 December, 2020, 08:34:59 am »
As expected, nothing.

RM tracking site still says they have access to a time machine and it will be with me this morning.

After being in Bristol MC yesterday morning it is now in a closer mail centre to me! Hurrah!

Except it is now in Chelmsford MC.

So instead of being 110 miles W of me it's now 40 miles NE of me.

Hoping it'll get to me today at some point.

Guy

• Retired
« Reply #549 on: 04 December, 2020, 08:54:48 am »
DPD yesterday. They texted a photo of the bottom half of a front door with a parcel on the doorstep. The intended recipient of the parcel posted the photo on our local faecesbook group asking "Does anyone recognise this front door? If so, please get in touch - that's my parcel and I don't know where it is!"*

*paraphrased to correct typical faecesbook user spelin an gramer.
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius