Author Topic: What wouldn't you drink?  (Read 7457 times)

Re: What wouldn't you drink?
« Reply #25 on: 31 March, 2010, 08:59:55 pm »
Fucking hell! Pernod! Some years ago my parents bought me some of that shit. Not a good idea when your son has a borderline alcohol problem.

I necked the lot in about half an hour. The next twelve were spent hovering over the bog. Never again. And you can fuck off with that Greek and Turkish stuff....... I feel sick just thinking about it.
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #26 on: 31 March, 2010, 09:02:07 pm »
Rum. The only alcoholic drink I never tried more than once (well, as far as I can remember!) in c. 35 years of excess.

And for 6 years and 11 months no booze at all.
Let right or wrong alone decide
God was never on your side.

« Reply #27 on: 31 March, 2010, 09:03:33 pm »
Another vote for Southern Comfort.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #28 on: 31 March, 2010, 09:06:26 pm »
My teenage alcohol incident was with cider, the day we finished our O levels. Still can't drink it. And every time I think about why, I remember throwing up on the rec and Susan thingummy's dog trying to eat the puke.

I can't drink tea. The smell of it, especially with milk, gives me the boak. I don't like coffee either, but I can sit next to someone drinking it without heaving.

I've never liked beer or lager. Pernod is the devil's semen. I decided a few years ago never to drink tequila again, for my own good, and I don't like whisky either. I can just about cope with Southern Comfort, despite several college incidents with it, but I'd rather have a vodka.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #29 on: 31 March, 2010, 10:01:25 pm »
Earl Grey tea, yes - what an idiot putting perfume in a perfectly decent drink!  Trying to poison me?

Clarion! Could you please provide us with a concise list of what you do eat and drink? It shouldn't take long!   ::-) ::-)

I like tea.

Proper tea.*

And herb teas.  And dandelion coffee and Barleycup.  And fruit juice.  And water and that. :)

* That's theft! - Proudhon
Getting there...

border-rider

« Reply #30 on: 31 March, 2010, 10:04:34 pm »
My teenage alcohol incident was with cider

Mine, sadly, was Scotch.   Bells  :sick:

Even today, an iota of Bells makes me vom. Even a wee drop.  I can drink a smidge of a good single malt, but no more, and I can't really appreciate it as I know I should.

border-rider

« Reply #31 on: 31 March, 2010, 10:05:04 pm »
Oh yeah, and right now alcohol

No booze for me at all so far in  2010  :o

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #32 on: 31 March, 2010, 10:53:40 pm »

Mine, sadly, was Scotch.   Bells  :sick:

Even today, an iota of Bells makes me vom. Even a wee drop.  I can drink a smidge of a good single malt, but no more, and I can't really appreciate it as I know I should.

That's remarkable. Identical to my experience. Shared a half bottle of Bells with a friend before a disco at 14 and that was me finished with Whisky. I'm really envious of people that enjoy malts as I always feel that I'm missing out on something special. Like you MV I've tried the odd small glass and almost got it but not quite.

Back OT, keg beer. I'd rather drink water or walk/cycle another few miles for a decent pint.  (and I don't like water).

I struggle with coffee although I can force a cup down just to be polite if necessary. Cider falls into a similar category as whisky in that I have probably ejected a similar amount to what I have drunk so there really isn't any point in pursuing that habit.

Deborah

« Reply #33 on: 01 April, 2010, 09:14:08 am »
.........Instant latte........

Apparently Starbucks are selling an instant latte.  It's a gloopy stuff that you melt with hot water to make an espresso shot and then you stir in hot milk.  It, reportedly, tastes like Starbuck latte!!!

« Reply #34 on: 01 April, 2010, 09:26:21 am »
Absinthe, because it smells like the stuff dentists give you to wash your mouth out.

Southern Comfort, because I once downed a litre bottle in an hour.

and pippa, you do realise that bobb will be plying you with whisky the next time he meets you?
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: 01 April, 2010, 10:00:01 am »
I'll have a sip of whisky these days but I daren't go overboard after a previous ripped knicker incident  :-X

You can't just leave it there you realise.

Inquiring minds need to know...  ;D
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
« Reply #36 on: 01 April, 2010, 10:03:22 am »
You mean dirty minds.  >:(
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #37 on: 01 April, 2010, 10:10:20 am »
I common with a few people here, the alcohol I detest is Malibu, due to drinking far too much of it when I was 18 and waking up the next morning laid on a straw bail with a horse blanket over me, and a very nervous looking horse near by....

I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #38 on: 01 April, 2010, 10:22:51 am »
No booze for me at all so far in  2010  :o

Dude, that's  :sick:

For me:

• Gin.  Unfortunate gin accident at the age of nine :sick:
  • Most mass-market USAnian "BEER".  Gets you from "sober" to "hangover" with no intermediate steps.
  • Anything calling itself "tea" which isn't made from Camellia sinensis.
  • That stuff my mate Mr McMaster brought back from Belgium which was about 94% ABV.  Could be used for dry cleaning, fuelling your pre-war racing car or killing cows at a hundred paces but no, you're supposed to drink it :o
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #39 on: 01 April, 2010, 03:33:10 pm »
Coffee. I mean it smells ok, but I can't understand how people drink it.
Tequila. My legs gave out on me after half a glass of tequila sunrise many, many years ago. I had to be carried upstairs, so I haven't touched it since. Even the thought makes me feel queasy. Likewise grenadine.
Whisky. Liquid fermented marmalade without the benefit of toast.
Milk or anything too creamy. Creamy things are best used as moisturisers, not comestibles.
Abnormal for Norfolk

« Reply #40 on: 01 April, 2010, 03:38:07 pm »
I'll have a sip of whisky these days but I daren't go overboard after a previous ripped knicker incident  :-X

I just have to know more about this incident!!  :P
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #41 on: 01 April, 2010, 03:41:49 pm »
I common with a few people here, the alcohol I detest is Malibu, due to drinking far too much of it when I was 18 and waking up the next morning laid on a straw bail with a horse blanket over me, and a very nervous looking horse near by....
Not Safe For Work.  Obviously.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #42 on: 01 April, 2010, 03:52:04 pm »
Any milk that is not UHT Skimmed (Odd, but true)

Supermalt. Just saying the name makes me :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

« Reply #43 on: 01 April, 2010, 03:59:23 pm »
Blue Curacao. I spent a portion of my 18th birthday in an Exeter curryhouse toilet doing multicoloured vomit thanks to it.

Whisky. I spent New Year's night when I was 17 sleeping in a bath (empty) because of it. And I didn't much like it to start with anyway.

Tomato juice. As others have said, it belongs in a ragu, not a glass.

bikenerd

« Reply #44 on: 01 April, 2010, 04:11:18 pm »
My teenage alcohol "bounce back" was Jack Daniels.  It took me about 12 years before I could start to drink whisk(e)y again.  Now I drink all types - bourbon, Irish, Scotch - as long as it's good quality stuff.

Some keg beer is alright although the only keg beer I drink at a period which could be called regular is Samuel Smiths.

I won't drink: lager that is brewed in any country apart from Germany, the Czech Republic and Belgium.  That includes any lager brewed under license in the UK.  I try to avoid Greene King beer, 'cos it's shit, but a pint of IPA is marginally better than a pint of Carling.  Not fond of Chardonnay.

Everything else is fair game. :)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #45 on: 01 April, 2010, 04:14:19 pm »
Tetley's keg beer. I was obliged to some years ago when attending the Friends of the Earth conference in Nottingham. The Marstons Pedigree ran out on the last night and Tetley's was all there was left. It took me about 3 hours to finish one pint, and every mouthful caused me to wince.

Why do people choose to drink such filth?
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #46 on: 01 April, 2010, 04:17:36 pm »
Because the real beer has run out?  :facepalm:

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #47 on: 01 April, 2010, 04:19:18 pm »
Because the real beer has run out?  :facepalm:

Ah, but then it's not a choice, but a necessity. Some people must choose it when they don't have to.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #48 on: 01 April, 2010, 04:21:24 pm »
Ah, but then it's not a choice, but a necessity. Some people must choose it when they don't have to.
You didn't have to drink it. I dare say they had water.  :demon:

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #49 on: 01 April, 2010, 09:14:21 pm »
Alcohol, drinking chocolate and horlicks

hmmm I've become quite partial to ovaltine with rum in it ... that's almost the above all at once.  A 50/50 drinking chocolate/horlicks mix with a shot of rum or whisky in it actually sounds very tempting.  If I didn't know for a fact we don't have horlicks in the house, I'd be searching the cupboards right now.

Edit: That's one recipe I've gained from each of the "What wouldn't you {eat,drink}?" threads now.  If this goes much further I'll have myself a dinner party menu!
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike