Author Topic: Arrivée arrived  (Read 14295 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Arrivée arrived
« on: 10 May, 2008, 09:59:35 am »
This morning's post. There's loads of words by some guy called Steve Abraham about getting 405 AUK points. The man must be absolutely barking. :D
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Martin

Re: Arrivée arrived
« Reply #1 on: 10 May, 2008, 10:37:17 am »
My old neighbour Tracy sums up the Hills and Mills nicely (Far L 2nd row p16); quite a lot of recycling of photos in this issue.

I count 19 Y/ACF; I see why he's called Two Wheel Tuggo now  ;) only 1 2007 Rider's PBP article too (don't recognise the author but from the account could not have been far behind)

DanialW

« Reply #2 on: 10 May, 2008, 09:52:11 pm »
Ever since I started to read Arrivee, I've wondered to myself "what on earth is MarSAS?" The advert that appears for it in every edition makes no mention whatsoever to what the product actually is.

So today, I went to have a look at the MArSAS website. It no longer works. However a quick Google reveals that it is, in fact, handlebar padding.

So now I know.

« Reply #3 on: 10 May, 2008, 09:57:34 pm »
My old neighbour Tracy sums up the Hills and Mills nicely (Far L 2nd row p16); quite a lot of recycling of photos in this issue.

I count 19 Y/ACF; I see why he's called Two Wheel Tuggo now  ;)

I have only had a quick look but have spotted ernst, valkyrie, hibernian exile, buspas and a name check in McNasty's article for eck.

(edit - and I've just spotted Glasgow Dave, alanmc and Mercury Kev as well)

« Reply #4 on: 10 May, 2008, 10:12:18 pm »
You need look no further than the cover

(Nuncio the Cover Boy)

« Reply #5 on: 10 May, 2008, 10:17:38 pm »

(Nuncio the Cover Boy)

Aha...I saw the cap but did not know who it was.  Arrivee is great for putting faces to forum names.

So who else appears?

Martin

« Reply #6 on: 10 May, 2008, 10:36:50 pm »
So who else appears?

Front to back that I know of;

Nuncio, Rich P, Ian H, Peter M, Heffone, Phixie, Pushbikeman, PatC, myself, Virgil, Teethgrinder, Justine, Maladict, Tuggo, Iddu, Rust bucket, Jasmine, Andy Cox

border-rider

« Reply #7 on: 10 May, 2008, 10:42:22 pm »

I count 19 Y/ACF; I see why he's called Two Wheel Tuggo now  ;)

I have only had a quick look but have spotted ernst, valkyrie, hibernian exile, buspas and a name check in McNasty's article for eck.

(edit - and I've just spotted Glasgow Dave, alanmc and Mercury Kev as well)

would you mind identifying their pics ?  I'd like to put faces to YACF names, and I feel that my knowledge of our Scottish contingent is not all it should be :)

« Reply #8 on: 10 May, 2008, 10:44:48 pm »
So who else appears?

Front to back that I know of;

Nuncio, Rich P, Ian H, Peter M, Heffone, Phixie, Pushbikeman, PatC, myself, Virgil, Teethgrinder, Justine, Maladict, Tuggo, Iddu, Rust bucket, Jasmine, Andy Cox
By a process of "various previous knowlledge and nothing in particular" I have worked out: Nuncio, RichP, IanH, PatC, you, Virgil, teethgrinder, justine, tuggo, iddu, jasmine and andy cox.

Heffone, Phixie, Pushbikeman must all be on the same page as you.  Still to work out Maladict and Rust Bucket...

« Reply #9 on: 10 May, 2008, 10:53:59 pm »
would you mind identifying their pics ?  I'd like to put faces to YACF names, and I feel that my knowledge of our Scottish contingent is not all it should be :)

ernst and hibernian exile are featured in "Never Say Never" ERC pic.

valkyrie and glasgow dave in twa wee counties right page middle left pic (middle of 4 pictured, GD middle left, valkyrie middle right)

buspas and mercury kev on Kingdom of Fife middle left pic.  Buspas on right in yellow with MK behind him also in yellowish.  alanmc in pic next to that one with piece of paper in his hand, wearing blue.

Martin

« Reply #10 on: 10 May, 2008, 10:58:55 pm »
Rust Bucket is riding the same under his public name of Garry Broad; Maladict; keep guessing.

border-rider

« Reply #11 on: 10 May, 2008, 11:00:06 pm »
I know Maladict   

Thanks for the Scottish IDs :)

« Reply #12 on: 10 May, 2008, 11:10:14 pm »
I shan't see mine until Monday - I assume it's on the mat in Devon. I wonder who's taken my photo, and worry it's yet another less than flattering one.

« Reply #13 on: 10 May, 2008, 11:14:43 pm »
I shan't see mine until Monday - I assume it's on the mat in Devon. I wonder who's taken my photo, and worry it's yet another less than flattering one.

Pictured at ACP awards.

« Reply #14 on: 10 May, 2008, 11:21:00 pm »
Strangely, Mrs Noodley collected the post this morning from the box at the end of the drive and Arrivee was not in the bundle she returned with.  I spotted it in the box when I was cutting the grass - methinks Mrs Noodley left it on purpose  ;)

« Reply #15 on: 10 May, 2008, 11:25:14 pm »

Pictured at ACP awards.

Surprising. I thought a certain Mr Buck had hijacked the publicity at that event.

« Reply #16 on: 10 May, 2008, 11:34:15 pm »
Surprising. I thought a certain Mr Buck had hijacked the publicity at that event.

Oh he's there as well.  You and he both have two pics (although I think in one of them you only hapen to be sitting behind him and are pictured by default  ;D ;))

GlasgowDave

• Inside I'm smiling
    • Flickr Audax Group
« Reply #17 on: 11 May, 2008, 12:50:20 pm »
It's good to hear I've made the hallowed pages of Arrivee, thanks to John Myerscough for taking the foties.

Hopefully the ones of me melting on the the Moulin from the Pitlochry 150 won't be seen in public.

GD
it takes a special talent to miss out on the Midnight Madness by sleeping in...

Treewheeler

« Reply #18 on: 11 May, 2008, 06:33:28 pm »
This morning's post. There's loads of words by some guy called Steve Abraham about getting 405 AUK points. The man must be absolutely barking. :D
A homage to the single gear and the single life ::-)

« Reply #19 on: 11 May, 2008, 08:41:54 pm »
A homage to the single gear and the single life ::-)

There's a very good photo of you on your trike on page 35. I laugh every time I see it.

It looks like Tim had a bit of a time of it putting this one together. He printed some of my Middle Road article twice, then missed the last bit.
He also appears to have missed a few words/sentences from my other article, and it looks like he's done the same with a few others too.

It's a shame that Tim was short of material for Arrivee. I think that a lot of this forum's RRs should be sent to Arrivee. I don't always have time to read them on this forum and they get buried and forgotten in time. This forum is a constant flow, but Arrivee is more stagnant and forgotten articles can be redicovered easily. Also, not everyon in AUK is on this forum. It's a shame that we keep them here, to ourselves and don't send them to Arrivee. It doesn't have to be a long article. I remember when Arrivee was in the A5 format and some articles were only one page.
So next time you do a RR, I hope that you consider sending a copy for Arrivee.
Otherwise, it will be flooded with my rubbish again. I have one written and may get another done for the next edition. You have been warned.

« Reply #20 on: 12 May, 2008, 12:13:18 am »
Could we perhaps have the last few paragraphs of TGs report I wonder?

I've just spent the evening dipping in and out of it and now I don't know how it finishes!

(although I do... :-P)

It's nice to see things in print - none of my elderly laptops have batteries which work and so it is difficult to read yacf on the bog. Arrivee can be left in there reasonably safely and read multitasking-stylee.

And if I took baths the same would apply.

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #21 on: 12 May, 2008, 09:24:55 am »
... and worry it's yet another less than flattering one.

I've never seen a photo of you that wasn't flattering
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

« Reply #22 on: 12 May, 2008, 09:35:27 am »
... and worry it's yet another less than flattering one.

I've never seen a photo of you that wasn't flattering

Thank-you. B*gger.

urban_biker

• " . . .we all ended up here and like lads in the back of a Nova we sort of egged each other on...."
  • Known in the real world as Dave
« Reply #23 on: 12 May, 2008, 09:53:47 am »

(Nuncio the Cover Boy)

So Nuncio - are you John Spooners brother? Or have I got totally the wrong end of the stick. John mentioned on Sunday that his brother was on arrivée front cover.
Owner of a languishing Langster

frere yacker

« Reply #24 on: 12 May, 2008, 10:15:59 am »
I think I'll take up Tim's call to arms and write a couple of articles for Arrivee.  Would be a shame to see the magazine pale.

A thought: it might help out if some of the photo's appearing on some of these threads are mailed to the magazine editor?