Author Topic: A random thread for camping things that don't really warrant their own thread  (Read 9662 times)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Pack everything you'd normally take in your panniers, then put it in the appropriate trailer place? As for the purple strap-on and the ukulele, while the former might cause much hilarity round the campfire, the uke should only be used in strictest privacy.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
I've gone with packing the stuff I normally pack in my panniers, minus tent, in my panniers.  Barakta is hauling the trailer (because trike) with the Big Tent, a sturdy folding chair (so she can pull herself up on it), and her sleeping bag, mat, clothes, etc.  We're currently waiting for a) barakta's digestive system and b) the weather  to settle before setting off.

Have fun.  The ukulele should make good kindling for the FIREā€¦
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse

No FIRE in the end (just water), so the ukulele wasn't needed.

Cudzoziemiec

:thumbsup:
Don't know where that is but it looks almost as scenic as the route underneath the M32.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Don't know where that is but it looks almost as scenic as the route underneath the M32.

Looks like it is under the M6/Spaghetti Junction.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse

Looks like it is under the M6/Spaghetti Junction.

Yep.  That was just before the first goose attack.

So the ASBO geese are still about then. Looks like you both had a good time   :)
the slower you go the more you see

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
The C&CC are doing a survey about the sort of things you expect to find in their site shops:  https://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/campsites/facilities/shops/

Obviously what I'd expect to find would be car-camping tent pegs, hookup cables, a meagre selection of confectionery, the wrong kind of gas cartridges, perhaps the odd local guidebook, plastic tat for the smalls, vegan dog ice-cream and maybe some BEANZ MEANZ HEINZ if you're lucky.

What I'd like to find would be staple foods in quantities that make sense for a backpacker, at least something to make a substantive meal out of, charging lockers, a reasonable assortment of fuels and batteries, tent/mat/bag repair materials, basic toiletries (including sunblock and insect repellent), milk, closed-cell foam mats and towels for times of need, etc.

Anyway, time to SPEAK YOUR BRANES...

Cudzoziemiec

I used the "additional comments" space to add a sixth "item": staff during normal opening hours.

Cudzoziemiec

When Arthur Ransome, he of the Swallows and Amazons, was having a part made for one of his boats, the chandler (if that's the right term) told him how his son had been inspired by S&As to try camping, first in the garden. In the middle of the night he crept back into the house, indignant because:
Mr. Ransome doesn't know anything about camping . . . .  He never said a word about EARWIGS!!!