General Category > Audax

Durness Duress 300 - Anyone doing this?

<< < (4/5) > >>

Noodley:

--- Quote from: valkyrie on 17 April, 2008, 10:39:09 pm ---..amazing roads and the organisation was really first class.

Back off topic - where are the bike pics Ryan?

--- End quote ---

Amazing roads indeed - I wonder what the route is?

And "Ralph's" pics are here somewhere...

Noodley:

--- Quote from: windy on 17 April, 2008, 10:43:24 pm ---very tempted as it's the closest audax to home, but as I'm aiming for the snow roads, I don't think I can make another long weekend in a short space of time (and I don't know how I'd cope with 2 x 300s so close together as I've only done the distance once before)

--- End quote ---

Windy, where do you plan on staying for the snow roads?  And when are you coming down to real civilization? ;)

Captain Zep:

--- Quote from: valkyrie on 17 April, 2008, 10:39:09 pm ---Back off topic - where are the bike pics Ryan?

--- End quote ---

Glad to here from you Mr. Valkyrie, we hadn't heard from you for a few days.  I'd thought that perhaps with your form of late, you'd continued your tour of Scottish hospitals.  :sick:

RJMcB

PS.
http://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1231.msg16622#msg16622

IanDG:

--- Quote from: Noodley on 17 April, 2008, 10:46:07 pm ---
--- Quote from: windy on 17 April, 2008, 10:43:24 pm ---very tempted as it's the closest audax to home, but as I'm aiming for the snow roads, I don't think I can make another long weekend in a short space of time (and I don't know how I'd cope with 2 x 300s so close together as I've only done the distance once before)

--- End quote ---

Windy, where do you plan on staying for the snow roads?  And when are you coming down to real civilization? ;)

--- End quote ---

I'll head over on the Friday and return on the Monday. Pingu's have offered me a bed, but I haven't confirmed anything yet as I haven't planned the trip and not sure if I'm going to use the Stornoway or Tarbert ferry.

We get  a road equivalent tariff  pilot from October, so the ferry cost should be cheaper than  £120 (car + driver) return. So hopefully I can afford more trips next year.  :thumbsup:

all we need now is a Sunday ferry  ;)

Noodley:

--- Quote from: windy on 17 April, 2008, 10:57:02 pm ---..Pingu's have offered me a bed..

--- End quote ---

That's fine then, as long as you have a bed sorted  :thumbsup:

£120!! Where the f*** do the ferry company think they are going?  Have they no' looked at a map to see where you are in relation tae the mainland?!!!!!!! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version