General Category > Audax

Durness Duress 300 - Anyone doing this?

<< < (2/5) > >>

innesh:

--- Quote from: MercuryKev on 11 April, 2008, 02:56:42 pm ---I wouldn't imagine that there are too many shops in Portmahomack for Mr MercuryKev to look round for a day :-)

--- End quote ---

I didn't realised you had had your Civil Ceremony.  Congratulations!    :P  ;D

Noodley:
I shall indeed be riding the Durness Duress  :thumbsup:  Very much looking forward to sitting on a bench at Sango Bay for a few minutes of rest...

Noodley:

--- Quote from: MercuryKev on 11 April, 2008, 02:56:42 pm ---..still too much of a pussy to go for the SR - I blame bike comfort issues..

--- End quote ---

Havers.  What you need to find is a 600 route which allows for 350km the first day, a wee rest at a bunkhouse, a spot of breakfast and 250km back to base.

I'm sure "we" could find something to suit  ;)

MercuryKev:
you make it sound so easy but Mr RJMcB has told me about the sort of 600s that you Angus folks arrange. 

On the Kingdom of Fife he regaled me with tales of last year's 600: floods, pestilence and plagues, all topped of with having to dodge phalanxes of drunken Fifers at closing time.  Sounds like my kind of ride! 

However, I'd still need a 400 to get the SR and I don't have decent lights (well I don't have a son dynohub and a solidlight, but my birthday is in June  ;D)

Noodley:

--- Quote from: MercuryKev on 11 April, 2008, 10:54:44 pm ---you make it sound so easy but Mr RJMcB has told me about the sort of 600s that you Angus folks arrange. 

On the Kingdom of Fife he regaled me with tales of last year's 600: floods, pestilence and plagues, all topped of with having to dodge phalanxes of drunken Fifers at closing time.  Sounds like my kind of ride! 

However, I'd still need a 400 to get the SR and I don't have decent lights (well I don't have a son dynohub and a solidlight, but my birthday is in June  ;D)

--- End quote ---
Och no, that wasnae a 600 that was this Kingdom Come  ;)

The 600 was far more civilised, with RJMcB buggering off up the road and leaving me and Eck trailing eating ice cream in the rain.

Plenty time for a 400 - as I said I'm sure the KC will be ridden more than once this year....and then there is always Megajoules!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version