Author Topic: ACME Anvil Winter Series  (Read 119653 times)

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
Re: ACME Anvil Winter Series
« Reply #650 on: 16 January, 2022, 09:20:46 am »
Thanks to Graeme (and anyone else involved in organising the Kelvedon oyster).  I really enjoyed it and even managed to complete my ECE arriving home just before it got too dark.  Have to admit the choice of cookie vs oyster at the halfway mark wasn’t a hard decision tho…

I joined a peloton early on for a while, and marvelled at the efficiency and smoothness of it all.  The lightest pressure on the pedals, and freewheeling down everything. Felt like I was putting no effort in (coz I wasn’t) but looked down and saw we were cruising nicely at 23kph.

Well done, hopefully the first of many  :)
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

Deano4

• Trouble
« Reply #651 on: 17 January, 2022, 12:48:04 pm »
Had a good day out on this one. Thanks for organising as usual :)

See you all next Month.
ACME - Suffolk Branch

« Reply #652 on: 17 January, 2022, 08:57:57 pm »
If anyone has a candidate for "rider of the month" photo for the website please send it to webcontent@audax.uk - we haven't featured anything from Essex for a while!  (either from this ride or from the Stansted Express in December)

Although I don't have any pics, surely it has to go to young Azur. An 8 year old regularly riding 100's through winter. Fair play

Thanks to go everyone involved in organising a great route and really good day out. Everyone seemed in high spirits.
Thanks
Owen
Old Enough to know better, young enough not to care.
Facebook, the toilet wall of the modern generation

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #653 on: 22 January, 2022, 10:12:16 am »
Just entered the Knights Templar on the 12th.  Hopefully I will fair better and won't be quite so miserable  ;D

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #654 on: 22 January, 2022, 06:06:20 pm »
Just entered the Knights Templar on the 12th.  Hopefully I will fair better and won't be quite so miserable  ;D

:thumbsup: And you can visit the Spiritual Home! I'll probably be helping Huggy on the day though.

« Reply #655 on: 22 January, 2022, 10:37:09 pm »
I’ve entered Knights Templar .

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #656 on: 04 February, 2022, 06:13:27 pm »
Still a bit snotty/chesty, but feeling ok. (6 hours of gardening today - once the sleet storm passed!) So I'll be at the 'spoons tomorrow around 09:00 for Helpers' Ride fun. ECE scratched (again) though ... being sensible.

« Reply #657 on: 12 February, 2022, 08:09:04 pm »
Thanks to Huggy, Tomsk and all the other helpers today.  Another well organised event, I really enjoyed both today and the whole ACME Winter Series 21/22.  Spring is allegedly on the horizon so it’s time to set my sights on bigger (well longer) things, starting with the Horsepower 200 next month.

« Reply #658 on: 12 February, 2022, 09:26:19 pm »
Enjoyed that, and good to catch up with so many in person at the finish. Thanks to Grant and Helpers for a grande day out.  Some nice warmth in that sun today. Bit more tinsel blown off my recumbent. Might be tinsel free by summer.

« Reply #659 on: 13 February, 2022, 09:59:24 am »
Didn’t feel as windy as the forecast had predicted, and that’s another of the winter series completed in worryingly unnatural fair weather.

Many thanks to Huggy and the helpers on the day. Always much appreciated, putting on a fine ride and an opportunity to see a great bunch of eclectic riders.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #660 on: 13 February, 2022, 01:57:07 pm »
Lovely day out, especially the unexpected sunshine :-) Thanks Grant and the ACME team.

Deano4

• Trouble
« Reply #661 on: 14 February, 2022, 08:48:36 am »
Enjoyed the Knight's Templar...for a change! Wasn't as cold as I thought it would be and the wind wasn't too bad either. Hopefully passed on some useful tips to Audax newbie James (when we could keep up!) and didn't put him off too much on his journey to LEL.

Thanks to Huggy and the ACME Army for organising. Hopefully see some of you at the awards on Saturday.
ACME - Suffolk Branch

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #662 on: 17 February, 2022, 09:39:31 pm »
And that’s a wrap for the 2021/22 ACME Anvil Winter Series with 325 validated rides over the four events, the last two validations being 8 year old Azur and Papa Cedric also completing the Grand Slam in just one season, chapeau!

Judging by the many complimentary comments received at the Controller’s table at the end of the rides you all enjoyed riding through the winter with us, we enjoyed seeing you and putting the events on for you. Hope to see you again for the next series starting in November  :)
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #663 on: 18 February, 2022, 07:19:27 am »
And that’s a wrap for the 2021/22 ACME Anvil Winter Series with 325 validated rides over the four events, the last two validations being 8 year old Azur and Papa Cedric also completing the Grand Slam in just one season, chapeau!

Judging by the many complimentary comments received at the Controller’s table at the end of the rides you all enjoyed riding through the winter with us, we enjoyed seeing you and putting the events on for you. Hope to see you again for the next series starting in November  :)

Well done hugster and team  :thumbsup:

« Reply #664 on: 18 October, 2022, 10:35:39 pm »
Quelle surprise, rail strike on an ACME Audax day. 5th November, first of this years winter series. Unlucky Huggy, but hopefully it’ll encourage more people to ECE.

« Reply #665 on: 18 October, 2022, 10:49:31 pm »
Hmm, that news comes out on the day when I find I have been released from another commitment and could actually ride this. But I don't think I'll be doing an ECE  >:(

GdS

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass
« Reply #666 on: 18 October, 2022, 10:57:57 pm »
This is a cracking series even more so as an ECE 200 which many (including self) have done. yes ECE FTW and happy to offer free validation  :thumbsup:

« Reply #667 on: 19 October, 2022, 05:13:06 am »
Quote from: GdS link= :thumbsup:topic=105450.msg2760598#msg2760598 date=1666130277
This is a cracking series even more so as an ECE 200 which many (including self) have done. yes ECE FTW and happy to offer free validation  :thumbsup:

Thank you, very kind offer  :thumbsup:

« Reply #668 on: 04 November, 2022, 08:20:12 am »
I'm setup for a third attempt at getting eBrevet to work. The past 2 times I have used it the start validates fine, but the distance is way off when I get to the second and subsequent controls, even after checking that the phone knows my location, and giving the eBrevet app a few minutes. I have now changed the security setting to give eBrevet 'Always' access to location services, and not just whilst using the app. Maybe that will help.

Ignoring the wind, dampness and chill, it should be a good day out on the first of this year's winter series.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #669 on: 04 November, 2022, 08:41:50 am »
Winter seems to have arrived just in time, in the past couple of days!

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #670 on: 04 November, 2022, 09:39:44 am »
I'm setup for a third attempt at getting eBrevet to work. The past 2 times I have used it the start validates fine, but the distance is way off when I get to the second and subsequent controls, even after checking that the phone knows my location, and giving the eBrevet app a few minutes. I have now changed the security setting to give eBrevet 'Always' access to location services, and not just whilst using the app. Maybe that will help.

Ignoring the wind, dampness and chill, it should be a good day out on the first of this year's winter series.
Have you tried closing/re-opening the e-brevet app when it doesn't know where it is? Some more detailed instructions here, if not already found:
https://audax.uk/media/2285/ebriders.pdf
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #671 on: 04 November, 2022, 11:07:56 am »
Have you tried closing/re-opening the e-brevet app when it doesn't know where it is?

Not tried that one. Will attempt that if I hit issues again. Thank you  :thumbsup:

Hopefully this time all is fine, as everybody else seems to get along with eBrevet just fine.

« Reply #672 on: 04 November, 2022, 01:10:47 pm »
Good luck to everyone who is riding on Saturday.

The Kelvedon Oyster will soon be open for entries.  This year's edition will feature all your favourites; oysters, cakes and coffee but will be a bit later than usual on the 28th January.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Oscar's dad

« Reply #673 on: 04 November, 2022, 01:43:17 pm »
Good luck to everyone who is riding on Saturday.

The Kelvedon Oyster will soon be open for entries.  This year's edition will feature all your favourites; oysters, cakes and coffee but will be a bit later than usual on the 28th January.

Terrific!  I really enjoyed this year's event.

« Reply #674 on: 04 November, 2022, 01:57:43 pm »
Terrific!  I really enjoyed this year's event.

You were good at hiding your emotions then ...

But it was a great event, I would agree. As all the ACME winter series rides are.