General Category > Audax

Hopstock Audaxes 20/08/2022

(1/9) > >>

Tomsk:
Audax Club Mid-Essex and The Compasses, Littley Green present the Hopstock Audaxes on Saturday 20th August 2022.

200, 120 and 50km routes starting at 08:00, 09:00 and 10:00 respectively. Audax/Beer Festival car parking nearby, camping, b&b at the pub and Beer Festival catering from 07:00. £5 entry fee via audax.uk
A good opportunity for a post-LEL meeting and late summer wind-down.

The 200km is based on the 'Bricks and Moretaine' permanent, with controls at Jordan's Mill cafe, Broom near Biggleswade, Marston Moretaine (free control) and Spoke cyclists' cafe near Codicote. The 120km is and out-and-back route to Spoke and the 50km features a delightful pootle (at 8.3kph minimum speed!) to the legendary Blue Egg cyclists' cafe near Great Bardfield.

Routesheets and further info on audax.uk with gps tracks available to riders nearer the time.

Beer Festival info at : http://www.compasseslittleygreen.co.uk/

jiberjaber:
hmmmm...

Jethro:
Entered.

A/c at Braintree Premier Inn

Tomsk:
An appeal for controllers at Jordans Mill cafe and Spoke: I had a local volunteer in mind for the latter, but it's not worked out - however the cafe staff now say they are happy to stamp and time brevets themselves and it's a long stint for both rides (11:28 - 17:16 combined). Whereas at Jordan's it's just from 10:32 to 13:04 for the 200km. Possibly a controller could be on the event, leave an hour or so early and then carry on to complete the ride after the last riders are through, and then be back at the Compasses for a few pints on expenses!

Jordan's has some bike parking (Sheffield-type stands), but I feel needs someone to keep order there as there's a large outdoor seating area with railings by the mill pond and associated buildings. Spoke is of course well equipped with parking infrastructure

Lightning Phil:
I’ve asked my helper on my audax yesterday if he fancies manning Spoke for half the shift. We would then be able to cover it between us. A week after LEL I’d be happy with a short ride to Spoke, as one of my recovery rides.  Watch this space, should have an answer today or tomorrow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version