Author Topic: Red Arrows over LTD  (Read 2415 times)

Martin

Red Arrows over LTD
« on: 01 April, 2008, 03:28:01 pm »
did anyone else see them? marvellous; especially with 4 Eurofighters (I assume) in tow

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7323865.stm

Re: Red Arrows over LTD
« Reply #1 on: 01 April, 2008, 03:31:02 pm »
Yup, they flew right over our building.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #2 on: 01 April, 2008, 10:34:01 pm »
The Eurofighters were in formation just below. I went out to London Bridge, hoping that they would come over Tower Bridge to make a nice picture, but they came in from the left of TB.

Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

« Reply #3 on: 01 April, 2008, 11:22:24 pm »
I saw them whilst having my post-lunch tea.  They were coming right towards our building, with the smoke still coming out, by the time I dodged outside, on the other side of the building, they had killed the smoke and were starting to turn more northward-westerly from their broadly westward flight over central London.  I assume they were turning away from the Heathrow flight paths.

Quite impressive, but I wish I had known earlier, or I would have brought my SLR into work. :(

The Typhoons looked quite big, but I suspect that was more a reflection of how small the Hawks are!
Actually, it is rocket science.

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #4 on: 01 April, 2008, 11:31:43 pm »
Oh, I wondered what the racket was, but I didn't bother to go to the window and look.
There's no vibrations, but wait.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #5 on: 02 April, 2008, 08:26:35 am »
I'd heard there was going to be a flypast, but I forgot and so didn't disturb the sleeping wean...  :( :-[
Getting there...

Martin

« Reply #6 on: 02 April, 2008, 12:30:33 pm »
I was expecting them to fly along the Thames to Millbank (as that's where the MOD is isn't it  ::-) :-[?) and come up from the South; but instead was almost right under them in Hyde Park also about 1 second before they turned off the smoke.

One year I'm going to ride to Paris for Bastille Day to watch the Patrouille de France flay down the Champs Elysees
(oh dear here goes another mad 200)

« Reply #7 on: 02 April, 2008, 12:32:43 pm »
Finished their run at RAF Halton, near Wendover.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)