Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 897203 times)

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #6025 on: 10 November, 2022, 02:06:34 pm »
Dan Hodges, M**l on Sunday hack, who this morning tweeted:
"The reality is Matt Hancock did more to protect people from the impact of Covid than any of the celebrities sitting round that jungle campfire."
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #6026 on: 10 November, 2022, 03:41:42 pm »
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #6027 on: 10 November, 2022, 03:55:27 pm »
"I jUsT wAnt3D fEweR br0WN peOplE And bEndY bANAnaS"
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #6028 on: 10 November, 2022, 05:28:30 pm »
The Arschloch who thought using Kristallnacht as a promotional tool was appropriate: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/nov/10/kfc-apologises-for-kristallnacht-chicken-and-cheese-promotion
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #6029 on: 10 November, 2022, 06:13:23 pm »
"The reality is Matt Hancock did more to protect people from the impact of Covid than any of the celebrities sitting round that jungle campfire."

Technically true, if fuck all > two-thirds of four-fifths of fuck all.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #6030 on: 10 November, 2022, 11:34:55 pm »
I'm surprised Simon Wolfson hasn't mage it before today

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/nov/10/brexit-next-boss-foreign-workers-uk-lord-wolfson

Tax business more is not a mantra oft heard from the Tories.
Is the correct phrase "ran out of talent"?
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #6031 on: 11 November, 2022, 12:35:54 am »
Someone I'm surprised is not mentioned more often
Sajid Javid sticks his twoot in unnecessarily.
Playing to his audience not to the what's best for [well everyone really] Typical Tory Twat.

(For those that avoid Twitter links, it's that video of the 5yr old kid riding along a road being driven towards by a big and potentially lethal machine, and the danger is "the fault of the father')

WAC. As well as a ST.

https://twitter.com/sajidjavid/status/1590693903334006785?

I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

« Reply #6032 on: 11 November, 2022, 01:14:15 am »

Technically true, if fuck all > two-thirds of four-fifths of fuck all.

Just worth checking a detail, I think, before I gauge my reaction to that tweet: did any of the other celebrities around that jungle campfire have a job that expressly required them to do more than anyone else in that regard, and then, specifically in the context of the responsible-for-the-health-service job that they had, did any of those other celebrities around that jungle campfire act like a weapons-grade bellend and fuck it all up?

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #6033 on: 11 November, 2022, 08:24:26 am »
Surprisingly* few of them.

*fsvo surprisingly
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6034 on: 11 November, 2022, 09:21:37 am »
Meanwhile, back in Twitland Space Karen has lost the services of his chief information security officer.  And his chief privacy officer.  And his chief compliance officer.  To lose one of those might be regarded as unfortunate, but to lose all three goes some way beyond carelessness and into “They’re trying to tell you something*” territory.

And the FT is reporting that the Muskrat is banning WFH and henceforth his minions must put in at least 40 hours a week at the office.  If that is the way he treats his employees then he doesn’t deserve to have any.

* That something being “we doan wanna work for a Super-Twat”

ian

« Reply #6035 on: 11 November, 2022, 11:05:54 am »
It's actually quite entertaining watching him practice his Business Genius in real time. It's hard to believe he managed to invent a both a Tiny Submarine and a Space Penis. He should have stuck to phallic objects.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #6036 on: 11 November, 2022, 11:26:55 am »
In a toughly contested field we may have a winner

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-berkshire-63586321

« Reply #6037 on: 11 November, 2022, 11:41:29 am »

Doubly so by also having an appearance in today's motorised moron thread.

« Reply #6038 on: 11 November, 2022, 11:51:11 am »
Musk is doing a fine job of distracting us from the travails of our esteemed leaders on the Treasury benches.

Heaton Harris seemed to suggest in an interview with Kay Burley that because in his opinion nursing is a vocation it shouldn't be considered a high value occupation.  My question is, is politics a vocation?

I am just wondering which out of a tory politician or a nurse folk would instinctively prefer to come to their assistance in the event of an accident or illness?

I haven't seen him in these pages very often but raging brexit cheerleader and non-vocational politician CHH wins a Super Twat award in my opinion.

« Reply #6039 on: 11 November, 2022, 12:25:20 pm »

Truly superb effort there.

I note he has a sentence, suspended for 18months. What do you think are the chances of him managing to last out that 18months?
<i>Marmite slave</i>

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #6040 on: 11 November, 2022, 12:46:02 pm »
Quote from: Polar Bear
... in his opinion nursing is a vocation it shouldn't be considered a high value occupation. 
I believe one now needs a degree to be a nurse, if so then surely nursing should now be considered a profession and be paid accordingly i.e. extremely well?  Either way Harris is an utter pillock and I do so hope he finds himself in an NHS hospital* in the very near future and at the mercy of nurses.

*Nothing life threatening, something embarrassing and very, very uncomfortable will do nicely.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

« Reply #6041 on: 11 November, 2022, 01:05:34 pm »
I completely agree but because nurses are also decent and caring people any nasty fascist will not suffer for their spite.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #6042 on: 11 November, 2022, 01:19:03 pm »
To exercise one’s vocation of nursing one indeed needs a degree. One also has to maintain one’s professional status through continuous additional training and submit evidence of the same along with professional references to the professional body every three years to maintains one’s entry on the professional register.

And in spite of a dangerous shortage of active nursing professionals, gaining reregistration after even a short lapse, requires both practical and theory exams at not insubstantial costs to you or your parents!
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #6043 on: 11 November, 2022, 05:13:58 pm »
Space Karen is too distracted with T****r and space flights to worry about things that might help the environment:- https://electrek.co/2022/11/10/tesla-cancels-solar-projects-scales-back-division/
Quote from: Kim
Paging Diver300.  Diver300 to the GSM Trimphone, please...

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #6044 on: 11 November, 2022, 08:49:07 pm »
Quote from: Diver300
Space Karen...
I note, with more than a little amusement, that the, "I am Spartacus and what's more here's 8 bucks to prove it." scheme is already in trouble. Hands up anyone here who couldn't see something like that happening?  No-one? No, thought not. 

See here .... https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/nov/11/twitter-blue-check-verification-impostor-accounts
...for more merriment.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

« Reply #6045 on: 11 November, 2022, 09:01:56 pm »
I found the 'verified' Pepsi account tweeting "Coca Cola tastes better" quite funny.

ian

« Reply #6046 on: 11 November, 2022, 09:06:12 pm »
The SpaceX ones are also good.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #6047 on: 11 November, 2022, 10:54:13 pm »
$44 billion is an awful big tax right off, although I doubt it’s his money that he’s about to lose. I suspect he might find it difficult to,obtain a line of credit going forward.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6048 on: 12 November, 2022, 01:12:38 am »
By all accounts Twitter’s revenue is insufficient to service even the interest on the $44 billion.  Even using the kind of hypermathematics beloved of Disaster Area's tax accountants it’s difficult to square that with “business genius”.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6049 on: 15 November, 2022, 10:08:34 am »
Space Karen:Twitter for Android is slow because it makes loadsa RPCs!
Twitter Techie:Pish, & moreover, tosh!
E Muskrat:Then please correct me. What is the right number?
TT:None.  I counted them.  Twice.
EM:Ur fired!