Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 896930 times)

Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #6375 on: 04 May, 2023, 11:05:38 am »
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/may/03/essex-pub-that-displayed-racist-dolls-closes-after-boycott-by-suppliers

Boo-hoo

There used to be a quaint little gift shop in the delightful Dorset village of Corfe Castle run by an absolute mentalist who had golliwog and 'British values' (or some other shite) tea towels in her windows. Her reasoning was that she was of Indian descent, and therefore could not be racist...which is a whole can of worms in itself, worthy of a thread of its own. The shop closed down after years of complaints. Last I heard of her she was manning the Baden Powell monument in Poole Harbour during The Great Statue Panic of June 2022.

Countryside can be pretty racist  ;)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #6376 on: 04 May, 2023, 11:09:40 am »
I'm sure the regulars will fit in just fine at the nearest Spoons.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #6377 on: 04 May, 2023, 01:06:13 pm »
There used to be a quaint little gift shop in the delightful Dorset village of Corfe Castle run by an absolute mentalist...

Oh gosh, I remember that! Such a shame it's gone.

My favourite bit of provincial horror was the time I was in Carlisle and spotted a shop selling military memorabilia. Their main window display was a very detailed miniature diorama depicting the Nuremburg rally.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #6378 on: 04 May, 2023, 03:05:09 pm »
Is it OK to admit that I used to collect Robinson’s Jam Gollies, specifically the musician figurines you could send off for when you saved up enough tokens from the marmalade jar label?  I became uncomfortable with the whole idea of what they represented in about 1977 and ditched the collection.  If it was pretty obvious to an average 8 year old then it really shouldn’t be rocket science to a worldly wise publican.

« Reply #6379 on: 04 May, 2023, 03:10:42 pm »
Is it OK to admit that I used to collect Robinson’s Jam Gollies, specifically the musician figurines you could send off for when you saved up enough tokens from the marmalade jar label?  I became uncomfortable with the whole idea of what they represented in about 1977 and ditched the collection.  If it was pretty obvious to an average 8 year old then it really shouldn’t be rocket science to a worldly wise publican.

Yes, it is ok.
Different times.
And we move on.
And I've fixed the last two words before 'publican' for you  ;)

« Reply #6380 on: 08 May, 2023, 10:36:44 am »

There used to be a quaint little gift shop in the delightful Dorset village of Corfe Castle run by an absolute mentalist who had golliwog and 'British values' (or some other shite) tea towels in her windows. Her reasoning was that she was of Indian descent, and therefore could not be racist...which is a whole can of worms in itself, worthy of a thread of its own. The shop closed down after years of complaints. Last I heard of her she was manning the Baden Powell monument in Poole Harbour during The Great Statue Panic of June 2022.

Countryside can be pretty racist  ;)

I wondered what Suella Braverman  did in her spare time

« Reply #6381 on: 15 May, 2023, 06:30:50 pm »
Braverman. Again

« Reply #6382 on: 15 May, 2023, 06:44:08 pm »
The Tory party.  End of.

They just piss me off big time with their unrelenting bigoted, racist, misogynist, bullying fascism.

Can't wait to see all those former councillors fruit picking ...

« Reply #6383 on: 16 May, 2023, 12:02:58 pm »
Farage

The turd that won't flush.
“There is no point in using the word 'impossible' to describe something that has clearly happened.”
― Douglas Adams

« Reply #6384 on: 16 May, 2023, 01:35:49 pm »
The Tory party.
Farage
Really struggling to distinguish between the two.
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

« Reply #6385 on: 17 May, 2023, 08:32:34 am »
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #6386 on: 17 May, 2023, 10:36:09 am »
aka “Murray the KKK”.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #6387 on: 17 May, 2023, 09:11:50 pm »
Douglas Kear Murray, not least for https://www.indy100.com/news/douglas-murray-holocaust-national-conservatism
Do not read that link unless you want to do bad swears.
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #6388 on: 17 May, 2023, 09:53:56 pm »
My iPad won’t open that link, probably due to concerns for its own safety.

« Reply #6389 on: 17 May, 2023, 09:59:09 pm »
aka “Murray the KKK”.

Nice one D - I'm old enough!

citoyen

« Reply #6390 on: 18 May, 2023, 08:01:42 am »
The Water Companies - "We're vewy vewy sowwy"

Way too little, way too late.

« Reply #6391 on: 18 May, 2023, 08:13:20 am »
No doubt lots of pleas from their chums in government reminding them that if Labour get in they will have to make a serious effort to clean up their act.

Surely this is strong enough motivation for them to mumble their insincere and grossly inadequate faux regrets and apologies whilst counting their ill-gotten gains.

« Reply #6392 on: 18 May, 2023, 08:18:28 am »
And increasing our (incredibly cheap) water charges.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #6393 on: 18 May, 2023, 08:51:14 am »
Quite simply, this 'sorry' has made me bloody angry
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

citoyen

« Reply #6394 on: 18 May, 2023, 10:06:39 am »
Quite simply, this 'sorry' has made me bloody angry

+1

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #6395 on: 18 May, 2023, 11:18:51 am »
When they say they are sorry, what they mean is that they are sorry that they were caught. The apology is to their shareholders because they are going to have to reduce dividends to pay for the remedial work.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

rogerzilla

« Reply #6397 on: 18 May, 2023, 03:05:35 pm »
When they say they are sorry, what they mean is that they are sorry that they were caught. The apology is to their shareholders because they are going to have to reduce dividends to pay for the remedial work.

That's not quite how it works. Pricing, including funding for remedial and development works, is set by Ofwat. They have kept investment low by mandating lower prices for consumers.

Today's investment news could not have happened without Ofwat's agreement. And it will be funded by price increases approved by Ofwat.

And none of this investment will do anything to address the primary cause of water pollution - runoff from farmland, or the third largest cause - runoff from highways.

I must stress this is not criticism of the investment news. I am delighted it is happening and I accept it will cost me.

rogerzilla

« Reply #6398 on: 18 May, 2023, 05:54:19 pm »
The river near me is mostly road run-off when it rains.  Despite this, it has small fish and is visited by grey herons and little egrets.  There is some nasty stuff on roads but, here at least, it seems that it is pretty well diluted.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #6399 on: 18 May, 2023, 11:10:37 pm »