Author Topic: Jimmy Hill RIP  (Read 1536 times)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Jimmy Hill RIP
« on: 19 December, 2015, 05:22:38 pm »
May his chin remain in our memories.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: Jimmy Hill RIP
« Reply #1 on: 19 December, 2015, 08:35:50 pm »
I sort of assumed he'd died about twenty years ago.

(Strokes chin)
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #2 on: 19 December, 2015, 09:20:57 pm »
My first thoughts went to racing cars, but the wrong range.

I saw Jimmy Hill in person at a fupbol match at Goodison Park over 40 years ago. Everton v Newcastle. The first half was very good, the second half dire. JH was in the stand behind us. ISTR that the crowd around us kept hurling obscenities at him throughout the second half, because they were bored.

Jimmy Hill found his way into a very early set of Colemanballs when he referred to Nigel Starmer-Smith, who had had a number of craps for England some years ago.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #3 on: 19 December, 2015, 09:28:23 pm »

I saw Jimmy Hill in person at a fupbol match at Goodison Park over 40 years ago. Everton v Newcastle. The first half was very good, the second half dire. JH was in the stand behind us. ISTR that the crowd around us kept hurling obscenities at him throughout the second half, because they were bored.

Jimmy Hill found his way into a very early set of Colemanballs when he referred to Nigel Starmer-Smith, who had had a number of craps for England some years ago.
Srsly?  ;D

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #4 on: 19 December, 2015, 10:11:33 pm »

Srsly?  ;D

Sourced!

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=WnqhIxJj0ZMC&pg=PA290&lpg=PA290&dq=jimmy+hill+nigel+starmer+smith&source=bl&ots=jh-smgvZyL&sig=zWX-dTkBovLd9cVVQvjKTph1kvY&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiigJu7-OjJAhWERBQKHbI5A4MQ6AEIJjAC#v=onepage&q=jimmy%20hill%20nigel%20starmer%20smith&f=false
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.