Author Topic: Does anyone live near Wednesbury  (Read 1112 times)

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
Does anyone live near Wednesbury
« on: 25 July, 2019, 10:02:36 pm »
After a quick check ws10 is not Walsall.  So anyone live near there?  As my earlier post I drunkly bid on a bike and mistook walsall for walthamstow. 

Or know of a cheap way to get there from London and back with a bike that isn't rideable.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
Re: Does anyone live near Wednesbury
« Reply #1 on: 26 July, 2019, 02:09:10 pm »
Anyone?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2 on: 26 July, 2019, 02:20:38 pm »
Undoubtedly the best way to get to Wednesbury is the M6.  While it's not that far from Birmingham, it's a horrible journey by bike, to the point that I tend to limit trips to the Decathlon there to when I have use of a car.

Cheapest way from London would with with a West Midlands Trains advanced ticket via Birmingham New Street, and then either change to the Walsall line (there are a couple of stations in the WS10 area), or use the Metro (tram), depending on which bit of Wednesbury you're aiming for.  If you need a walk-on ticket to Birmingham, the Chiltern line from Marylebone to Birmingham Moor Street is usually the better bet.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #3 on: 26 July, 2019, 03:57:12 pm »
No bikes allowed on the tram, so you can't come back that way with the bike.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #4 on: 26 July, 2019, 04:19:43 pm »
I grew up on the Walsall - Wednesbury border and my brother still lives about 5 miles away. Should you be stuck for someone to collect it I could see if he is available.

There are a few direct trains to Walsall from Euston. Day returns are from £24 on WM trains.
Most people tip-toe through life hoping the make it safely to death.
Home

« Reply #5 on: 04 August, 2019, 01:40:00 pm »
Only just saw this - I'm in Walsall and could grab it if necessary.