Author Topic: Ascent 1.10.4  (Read 1040 times)

Ascent 1.10.4
« on: 03 March, 2010, 07:01:00 pm »
hi - Updated to ascent 1.10.4 recently and see now that it highlights peak power output in the activity detail window.
It cannot take into account wind or other conditions: Just wondering if anyone has compared the ascent calculation to a power meter for accuracy ?
thanks
Steve

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: Ascent 1.10.4
« Reply #1 on: 03 March, 2010, 10:34:25 pm »
I've not got a power meter, but I have noticed the option of interval markers on maps that I'd not seen before.

It is simpler than it looks.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #2 on: 04 March, 2010, 08:29:01 am »
Yes, the interval markers (for miles) worried me initially as I thought I'd pressed the wrong button on my Oregon so it was breaking up the track or something.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: 04 March, 2010, 09:39:38 am »
It seems that speed factors heavily in the calculation of max power. More so than gradient as look though the history, the peak power spells are not usually where I found the going hardest.
A minor disapointment: I dont mind about the absolute accuracy of the power figure but to be able to compare runs, it would be better to turn down the weighting of speed due to this factor being skewed wildly under some circumstances.