General Category > Freewheeling

Principia Evolution 2004

(1/5) > >>

токамак:
Chain Reaction Cycles have recently got hold of some Principia road frames. They have some 2004 models, which I think means they were handmade in Denmark. In my size and price range there are two that I'm quite interested in. There's the RSL Classic 2004 or the Evolution 2004. One of my concerns was getting replacement gear hangers - Chain Reaction don't stock anything compatible, should I worry about this? Also Some Principia models have odd head tube sizes and require non-standard headsets and forks. I emailed CRC and they assure me that these particular frames take standard headsets and forks, I'll take their word for it. Before I commit to buying one or the other, does anyone here have any advice or recommendations regarding these frames?

Tom M:
No direct experience of them myself, but I understand they are very good quality frames. I suppose with aluminium going out of vogue and the company going bust then they are flogging the old stock off cheap.

I'd seriously consider one as they look great.

Gus:
The "Evolution" are an  upgraded model of the the RSL, it have the oval headtube
which improved the handling.
The RSL Classic are as they write a no frills racing bike, really tough and  extremely stiff.

about gearhangers; I'll try to check danish and german webshops.
They might have some on storage.

Update: Gear hanger 127 principia available here

G

токамак:
Gus, you're a legend - thanks for that.

I am sorely tempted by the Evolution. It will really stretch my funds (when I should be saving for other things!) but I could do with a lightweight racing bike - as I currently *only* have a tourer, a fixie and a Brompton!
My dad is also a big Principia fan - he has a couple of Rex Pro frames. Really he should sell one to me, but I haven't even bothered asking - I know what the answer will be!

peliroja:
Ask Woolly! He's Principia crazy!  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version