Author Topic: Random audax questions  (Read 391184 times)

Re: Random audax questions
« Reply #1275 on: 09 August, 2019, 08:30:31 am »
Sorry about the problem, and thanks for reporting it. Please send your file as an attachment to an email to the Organiser.

The Repository space has been increased, but the demands on it have apparently increased faster.

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #1276 on: 09 August, 2019, 09:29:03 am »
Done, thanks for the info.
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

« Reply #1277 on: 13 August, 2019, 11:31:38 am »
Dont know if I should ask here or elsewhere.

Because I've been a member for long enough, I'm guaranteed for entry on LEL 2021. Do I need to enter at the end OF August for one of the 500 guaranteed places, or is this something else? I checked the FAQ but wasn't sure and obviously don't want to miss out.

(if there is a better place to post LEL related questions tell me and I'll go be a bother elsewhere!)

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

Zed43

• prefers UK hills over Dutch mountains
« Reply #1278 on: 13 August, 2019, 01:02:04 pm »
The New LEL website topic is probably most appropriate, and Alwyn keeps an eye on that one.

I'm in a similar position and I have interpreted the FAQ as telling me to sit back and relax for now, then get priority boarding / a guaranteed place when the registration opens in 2021.

« Reply #1279 on: 13 August, 2019, 01:38:41 pm »
Do nothing until proper entry opens in January 2021. Your place is guaranteed until then.

The August entry is just to get some money in the bank from the especially keen.

« Reply #1280 on: 13 August, 2019, 01:47:03 pm »
Do nothing until proper entry opens in January 2021. Your place is guaranteed until then.

The August entry is just to get some money in the bank from the especially keen.
Smashing.

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #1281 on: 13 August, 2019, 05:27:24 pm »

It's only guaranteed if you renew your AUK membership before Jan 1st 2020 and again before Jan 1st 2021 (unless of course you have a 5 years membership covering that time frame ... Anyone not renewing in time will be removed from the guaranteed list.

I am hoping we will be able to announce an option to pay your membership by direct debit soon - switching to that will be ideal for anyone not wanting their membership to lapse.

« Reply #1282 on: 13 August, 2019, 10:04:49 pm »

It's only guaranteed if you renew your AUK membership before Jan 1st 2020 and again before Jan 1st 2021 (unless of course you have a 5 years membership covering that time frame ... Anyone not renewing in time will be removed from the guaranteed list.

I am hoping we will be able to announce an option to pay your membership by direct debit soon - switching to that will be ideal for anyone not wanting their membership to lapse.
Direct debit would be preferable, it is the sort of thing I'd forget to do. (renew)

But happily, LEL or not, I hadn't planned on purposefully lapsing my membership.

« Reply #1283 on: 14 August, 2019, 06:20:41 pm »
I've had the same question and checked with the membership secretary and i qualify. I also have a 5 year membership which takes me to past LEL 2021. I would recommend doing the same if you're in a position to do so. Gives you peace of mind for that side of things anyway. I also asked the question around when to enter and was told that i should sit tight until Jan 2021 when the Audax UK guaranteed places are released. if in doubt, then ask on the LEL facebook page, answers are usually fairly quick on there.

Direct debit would be preferable, it is the sort of thing I'd forget to do. (renew)

But happily, LEL or not, I hadn't planned on purposefully lapsing my membership.

4x5

« Reply #1284 on: 28 August, 2019, 07:12:13 pm »
Has anyone got experience getting one added to their AUK results?

Anyone had a ride added recently? Still no sign in my results.

Working on getting my overseas results added to the results list since May.
Radio silence from the recorder, apologies from the Chair, still no results listed.
Starting to feel a bit underwhelmed.

Zed43

• prefers UK hills over Dutch mountains
« Reply #1285 on: 30 August, 2019, 11:45:01 am »
I asked Peter a while back if it would be possible / desirable to spread the work of processing overseas results over several people, but guess that this email is also somewhere in the pile of work as I haven't heard back.

« Reply #1286 on: 08 October, 2019, 05:20:31 pm »
I think I've done SR for 2019 - 200km & 400km calendar events plus 300km & 600km DIY. All have been validated.

How do I claim the award? When and how can I get one of those lovely cloth badges to stick on my saddlebag?
Hear all, see all, say nowt

bludger

• Randonneur and bargain hunter
« Reply #1287 on: 08 October, 2019, 05:27:44 pm »
It should be all at http://www.aukweb.net/members/awards/

Enter your rider number - don't forget to change the year to 2019 at the top.

The badges are from http://audaxmedals.southportcc.co.uk/

You may as well get some mudguard stickers etc while you're at it as they're 1p each. I got a load and gave them to friends who'd done their first audaxes.
YACF touring/audax bargain basement:
https://bit.ly/2Xg8pRD

Ban cars.

« Reply #1288 on: 08 October, 2019, 10:28:35 pm »
Thanks Bludger
Hear all, see all, say nowt

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #1289 on: 22 October, 2019, 12:55:20 pm »
Not a question, just an anecdote.

On Sunday I met a group of six riders at the end of one of the gravel sections of the Foss Way near Malmesbury, standing around waiting for someone or something, with Carradices and so on. "Are you doing an audax?" I asked. "No audaxing for us today," one of them replied. "Okay, you just looked a bit audaxy." "Why's that?" asks rider one. Before I have to think of an answer, number two jumps in: "It's the Carradices!" "No," says number three, "it's the plain jerseys." "What it really is," finishes number four, "is we just look weird."  ;D
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #1290 on: 22 October, 2019, 01:18:33 pm »
Not a question, just an anecdote.

On Sunday I met a group of six riders at the end of one of the gravel sections of the Foss Way near Malmesbury, standing around waiting for someone or something, with Carradices and so on. "Are you doing an audax?" I asked. "No audaxing for us today," one of them replied. "Okay, you just looked a bit audaxy." "Why's that?" asks rider one. Before I have to think of an answer, number two jumps in: "It's the Carradices!" "No," says number three, "it's the plain jerseys." "What it really is," finishes number four, "is we just look weird."  ;D

:D

« Reply #1291 on: 04 November, 2019, 04:01:23 pm »
Here's a random DIY Question:

I rode a 200km DIY last week. For one reason or another I took a wrong turn and went about 15km out of my way.

I rode another 15km back to where I'd gone wrong, and then rode the submitted route without any further hitches, getting back well within the allocated time for a 200km.

Should I snip out the 'extra' where I'd gone wrong to the tune of an extra 30km? Or is it fine to leave it in?

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #1292 on: 04 November, 2019, 04:06:13 pm »
Leave it in, the org will work it out. (They use the website below which overlays your 'intended' and 'actual' GPX files - you can try this yourself to see how it works. http://www.aukweb.net/routevalidator  )
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

« Reply #1293 on: 04 November, 2019, 04:14:29 pm »
Leave it in, the org will work it out. (They use the website below which overlays your 'intended' and 'actual' GPX files - you can try this yourself to see how it works. http://www.aukweb.net/routevalidator  )

Ah good tips - thanks!

« Reply #1294 on: 01 December, 2019, 06:27:08 pm »
Is an overseas BRM automatically eligible for AUK cross-validation (specifically, to count towards an AUK RRtY)? Do I need to do anything beyond messaging the recorder afterwards?

« Reply #1295 on: 01 December, 2019, 06:58:09 pm »
1. Yes.

2. You're meant to send a scan of the returned brevet card, but for the three I've done I didn't get the card back nor did they have online results. They've all been credited eventually though.

(AIUI some countries' organisations only hand cards back at their end of the season reunion rather than posting them)

bludger

« Reply #1296 on: 03 December, 2019, 10:40:53 pm »
Can someone remind me of the name of the award you get if you complete PBP with 6 minutes or less remaining in your time allowance?

Ban cars.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #1297 on: 03 December, 2019, 10:45:08 pm »
Not quite that tight on time but joining https://adrianhandssociety.com/ requires a PBP finish no faster than 88 hr 55 min.

It looks like about a quarter of the Society’s members qualified in 2019 while a 12 x PBP finisher qualified in 1971. Members should be aware that the order for Society Adrian Hands clothing closes in less than a week. https://www.voler.com/custom/ordering/li/32118/
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

bludger

« Reply #1298 on: 03 December, 2019, 10:53:02 pm »
Thanks that's what I was thinking of ;D

Ban cars.

« Reply #1299 on: 13 December, 2019, 07:16:02 pm »
As a previous (fair while ago thobut) audaxer, I'm just wondering if this is an actual audax? It's being advertised as one, but invites teams to apply and to complete the course within a specified time in a rather race-like fashion, which is not how I remember things. https://www.facebook.com/cafeporteur/videos/480249432827059/