Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Rides and Touring / Re: Have you been out today?
« Last post by trundle on Today at 07:52:28 pm »
A 10 mile loop in the sunshine - over Barnes and Hammersmith bridge in West London. Lovely weather.
The Knowledge / Re: Superlative Сasual Dating - Genuine Damsels
« Last post by Basil on Today at 07:46:15 pm »
WTF?
Health & Fitness / Re: Cross Training: Running
« Last post by toontra on Today at 07:44:07 pm »
Thanks for that.  I do something similar but being in London I use sturdier locks and a racktop bag for cycling stuff with a cable lock through the handles.
The Pub / Re: Super-Twat
« Last post by Wombat on Today at 07:29:08 pm »
Hosking, unfortunately, owns Locomotive Services Ltd, which owns and runs many of the preserved mainline steam and diesel locomotives.  He has money to burn.

And he has contributed to a (railway related) charity of which I am a trustee.  I wasn't aware of his proclivities till 5 minutes ago.  I feel soiled, degraded.  We won't be accepting any more of his money while I'm a trustee.
Rides and Touring / Re: Have you been out today?
« Last post by cycleman on Today at 07:28:29 pm »
Yesterday evening I rode out through Gerrard Cross and layters green then along welders Lane passing Jordans, up long bottom lane and onwards Beaconsfield then home via Hedgerley  :)
OT Knowledge / Re: Mixer Tap regulations
« Last post by chrisbainbridge on Today at 07:23:17 pm »
We had all our lead replaced. I knew from our builder that had found lead at the boundary in our 1927 building. The deal was that Severn Trent would excavate and replace if they found lead and it would all be free. No lead= me paying for the excavation.
As I already knew it was a no brainer.
Health & Fitness / Re: Cross Training: Running
« Last post by Feanor on Today at 07:17:36 pm »
15k hill run today, and I prefer off-road for all the reasons mentioned above.
No car available, so 48k round-trip by bike to and from the start point.

Out of interest what do you do about securing the bike, taking running clothing, etc  when you cycle to/from a run?

I had a small rucksack containing my running kit, which also which had a small cable lock in it.
The car park is in a fairly remote location, off a not-very-busy road.
The bike was not visible from the road, it appeared as an un-inviting car park that you would have no reason to enter unless you were going to go up the hill, which no-one else was doing today.

I locked the bike to the best thing available ( a fairly sturdy fencepost in this case, with enough runs of fencewire above to prevent it just being lifted off).
My cycling kit was left in the rucksack, and the cable lock passed through that too.
There was nothing to stop anyone opening and rummaging in the rucksack.
My bike Garmin was removed from the bike and left in the rucksack, too.

So fairly minimal security, really.
But good enough for this scenario.

There's a photo of the arrangement on my Strava post here:
https://www.strava.com/activities/11260988993
The Knowledge / Re: Superlative Сasual Dating - Genuine Damsels
« Last post by Jurek on Today at 07:12:25 pm »
Awoogah!
ETA - I think SS's account may've been hacked.
The Knowledge / Superlative Сasual Dating - Genuine Damsels
« Last post by SeldomSeen on Today at 07:06:40 pm »
Turn casual moments into unforgettable dates – choose the best casual dating site!
Real-life Females
Optimal Сasual Dating
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10