Author Topic: Anniversary ride!  (Read 2122 times)

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
Anniversary ride!
« on: 15 April, 2008, 09:30:46 pm »
I have posted this on a camping forum I use so anybody who sees it in both don't worry.
I am feeling too jubilant about it to shut the F**K up ;D
12 years ago to the day (15th April 1996) I set off from my house in Suffolk on my 1200cc motobike to ride to work in Essex. I didn't get to work and came out of the coma a week or so later!! I can remember hearing the doctor say to my wife "I think we're going to lose him if he bleeds from the brain much more" and not feeling bothered by it. I lost wife, House, Job and many other things as a result of that day and I am still unwell with the after effects that will never go away.
BUT... 15 months in a wheelchair, 2 years on crutches, 1 year with 2 walking sticks and now I just use 1 stick most of the time, not always.
As a special anniversary present my brother, Nephew and I are going to take our bikes out  to Keswick and do a nice off road trail to the mining museum in Threlkeld and back again. BECAUSE I CAN!"
Dear Fate, I am still here 

DID IT IN THE SUNSHINE!
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

Re: Anniversary ride!
« Reply #1 on: 15 April, 2008, 09:34:39 pm »
:-) :-) You're still here you old dog, shout it from the roof tops. I bet you feel like you're walking on sunshine.

« Reply #2 on: 15 April, 2008, 09:41:18 pm »
With what you've been through I doubt anything would hold you back now.   I have a friend who 'should have died' four years ago.  Believe me, she lives life beyond the full.   

Glad you were here to enjoy it.  :thumbsup:

« Reply #3 on: 15 April, 2008, 09:46:35 pm »
I am feeling too jubilant about it to shut the F**K up ;D

You stay jubilant and shout as much as you want - you deserve it.  Enjoy you day at Keswick ... and many many more.

annie

« Reply #4 on: 15 April, 2008, 09:52:20 pm »
 :-*