Author Topic: Kings, Castles, Priests and Churches - 200km from Tewkesbury, December 2nd 2017  (Read 5042 times)

My third time on this route but this year seemed particularly challenging down to the combination of lack of fitness and the poor conditions at the start of the day. En-route to Ludlow I pondered about coming back by train but persisted on the route.  It was of course worth it.  Another good event from Mark.

. But those with mudguards stayed clean. Perhaps a lesson could be learned there.

The problem came with others not using mudguards in my instance. I was splattered, following two riders pulling in front on the muddiest section near Ludlow. THANKS!  >:(
Organiser of Droitwich Cycling Club audaxes.  https://www.droitwichcyclingclub.co.uk/audax/

The problem came with others not using mudguards in my instance. I was splattered, following two riders pulling in front on the muddiest section near Ludlow. THANKS!  >:(

I had the same experience on the way to Bromyard, after which I made a special effort to ride alone :) It rendered my glasses unwearable (I forgot to bring tissues to clean them with) and my jacket still isn't completely clean after a turn in the washing machine.

I was splattered, following two riders pulling in front on the muddiest section near Ludlow. THANKS!  >:(
Wheel Sucker  :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :facepalm: ;D :thumbsup: :P
Eddington Number 75