Author Topic: Burley Limbo HEEEEEEELLLLLP me PLEASE !!!  (Read 5669 times)

sprogs

• from your big sister, Steve.
Burley Limbo HEEEEEEELLLLLP me PLEASE !!!
« on: 29 September, 2019, 06:44:21 pm »
Some years ago  bought a burley limbo from ebay from a chap in Lancaster.
It was advertised as in excellent condition so I bought it straight away.
After I had the sheared seat back re-welded, ordered and received new seat blocks from America (Thank you customs and excise for charging me £8 for sending me a letter telling me I owed you £8 for sending me a letter) at a cost of over £100 despite the cost of the parts being less than £20.
Sorry, where was I ?
Right, the bike did not have the parts that converted it from CWLB to SWB.
I need a link for the steering.
Any ideas anyone, please.
Liz.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
Re: Burley Limbo HEEEEEEELLLLLP me PLEASE !!!
« Reply #1 on: 04 December, 2019, 07:11:03 pm »
Many years ago, when I was dicking around with developing my own USS SWB recumbent, I made the steering linkage using 8mm rose joints and threaded rod with locknuts. To do it properly you would need both LH & RH threaded joints so that length adjustment can be done precisely a la Windcheetah or Trice but that would require fabrication. Two RH thread joints and some experimentation would get you withing 1mm of the correct length.

Presumably there is a stud on the fork crown to attach the linkage to? And one on the bottom of the steerer?
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Re: Burley Limbo HEEEEEEELLLLLP me PLEASE !!!
« Reply #2 on: 05 December, 2019, 08:58:18 am »
Liz - I've just acquired an Optima with USS, and I'm converting to above seat steering.  So have some spare USS parts, I don;t know if they would fit your bike?  Picture should be here, happy to send them for postage cost if you think they might be suitable:

[/url]Right side by Dave Sharpe, on Flickr[/img]

Or PM me with your email address and I'll send some pictures and measurements.
Sunshine approaching from the South.

First time in 1,000 years.