Author Topic: Upside down EdeluxII moisture ingress  (Read 3669 times)

Re: Upside down EdeluxII moisture ingress
« Reply #25 on: 29 October, 2019, 05:54:07 pm »
I got an IQ-X as well on the ICE trike, I also run AXA Luxx 70 plus but it rattles a bit (switch & top cover) at certain speeds.
Both give plenty of light without blinding other road users.

Do you find that if you've turned the light out you have to be moving again to turn it on?

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #26 on: 29 October, 2019, 05:57:06 pm »
I got an IQ-X as well on the ICE trike, I also run AXA Luxx 70 plus but it rattles a bit (switch & top cover) at certain speeds.
Both give plenty of light without blinding other road users.

Do you find that if you've turned the light out you have to be moving again to turn it on?
Yeah it's a known bit of duff design in the IQ-X, in reality I just leave mine on most of the time anyway.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #27 on: 29 October, 2019, 05:58:02 pm »

Known fault on the IQ-X, which seems to no longer be considered a fault, or something.

I gave up and fitted an inline switch at the handlebars.  Setting off in the dark and then leaning forward to prod a switch on the front of a recumbent being somewhere between 'bloody awkward' and 'impossible', depending on the geometry.

« Reply #28 on: 31 October, 2019, 02:21:19 pm »
Thanks for the replies.

Kim: It's not too bad on my ICE Qnt (no worries about balance).

FifeingEjit: I tend to leave it on unless I'm charging the phone.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #29 on: 31 October, 2019, 04:32:17 pm »
Kim: It's not too bad on my ICE Qnt (no worries about balance).

Yeah, my Streetmachine's similar (USS, low bottom bracket), although you do need to balance.  It's impossible on the Baron, because of the tiller steering.