Author Topic: Newport 200km - January 2022  (Read 2203 times)

Terry2wheelz

• terry2wheelz
Newport 200km - January 2022
« on: 19 November, 2021, 04:13:53 pm »
All.
Good News  -  * Current plans are to hold next years Newport 200km Audax again, following last years Covo' cancellation.
However the event will be strictly limited in rider numbers with a maximum of 50 entrants,  then I will close the event to any new entrants .   These strict measures are to allow Covo' risk assessment control measures in Cheadle Village Hall to be enforceable.    please ignore any closing dates possibly seen elsewhere (i.e AUK website )   as for sure, once 50 entrants have entered there'll be no more ...
Not so good news  -  Sadly the Radway 150 event will not be run in 2022..
* of course - If any new government restrictions regards Covid-19 dictate, then the Newport ride will be cancelled
Thanks T.F.B.   
Fatter Riders Bounce Better :-) !

Re: Newport 200km - January 2022
« Reply #1 on: 19 November, 2021, 08:09:20 pm »
Thanks for the heads up Terry, see you there!

Terry2wheelz

• terry2wheelz
« Reply #2 on: 20 November, 2021, 05:28:43 pm »
Cheers Shaun..
hope so matey.
Fingers crossed the Covo' graphs don't escalate over winter & we have to cancel again...
tis' L.E.L prep time soon ..
T.f.B..

« Reply #3 on: 20 November, 2021, 10:02:35 pm »
Ah go on then.

« Reply #4 on: 21 November, 2021, 09:32:48 am »
Entered.

Will Ron Eaton (AUK life member, aged 83) be doing the control at Newport again?

Terry2wheelz

• terry2wheelz
« Reply #5 on: 21 November, 2021, 02:33:55 pm »
Jethro ;- Previous entrants may recall that most of my team of helpers are in the Covid vulnerable age bracket, so sadly NO, neither Ron, Phil, Vera, Bryan & Beryl (from Bury C.T.C ) will be assisting at any controls.
It'll be a really scaled down affair with most likely just myself exposed to snotty shivering cyclists  :facepalm:

Had to think long & hard about whether or not to run this event due to risk to all my helpers -  fingers crossed pandemic doesn't spiral outta control again -  previously East Lancs has been a transmission hot-spot with stricter lockdown restrictions than other UK areas.....  Fingers Crossed..

Deano ;-  be great to welcome you on this ride, you've been an inspirational organiser to me for a while..
fingers crossed ....

Terry2wheelz

• terry2wheelz
« Reply #6 on: 14 December, 2021, 06:41:04 pm »
This event now full .  :hand:  ( reduced entrants due to Covo' restrictions )
No further entries will be taken.
Thanks for your support.
Ta.   T.f.B.

Terry2wheelz

• terry2wheelz
« Reply #7 on: 05 January, 2022, 05:08:18 pm »
Riders.
Agreed it's still a dynamic one, but current Covid situation appears not to be threatening the start of our Newport 200 that's scheduled for a couple of weeks time.
I'm more confident now ( than before Christmas ) that we will see riders set off on this one.

Just a few points to note.   
no entries will be permitted on the day -  no cash will be handled on the day,  please DON'T turn up unannounced expecting a "maybe " or cancellation list to be an option if you haven't already registered.
Please can all riders wear RPE / PPE inline with government guidelines when at start & finish controls.
all riders are to be given a brevet card in (near) usual way, and riders will be encouraged to use the e-brevet option( see Peak Audax Page ) for this ride.
Riders will receive e-mail week before start with more details.

REALLY sorry that so many potential starters haven't been able to enter due to restrictions , but strange pandemic guidelines are still with us & the days of over 150 riders in Cheadle hall are most likely some way off from happening again. 
If you haven't already booked & paid for this ride, then really very sorry but maybe 2023 is a more more realistic option for you with this one.

More details to follow -  but just wanted to share these pointers with you.
Terry.

« Reply #8 on: 30 January, 2022, 06:49:25 pm »
Enjoyed that, cheers Terry!

I was going to ask you to share your tips for taming the weather gods, but it's hoying down out there now. Good luck to everyone still out there.

Longstaff

« Reply #9 on: 30 January, 2022, 07:15:24 pm »
Didn't go to well for me after a close pass 65km in  :(

IMG_0479 by prmarkey, on Flickr

« Reply #10 on: 30 January, 2022, 09:59:42 pm »
Guess they hadn't been paying attention to the new HC rules.

Hope you're ok, Paul.

« Reply #11 on: 30 January, 2022, 11:56:10 pm »
Bloody Hell - I've just been fighting our corner over the Highway Code with some drogues on my old school website when that happens.  I've pinched the picture to give my argument emphasis - I hope you don't mind, Paul and I hope you are ok.  Glad you are ok, too, Dean.  Great to see you yesterday.

Longstaff

« Reply #12 on: 31 January, 2022, 07:16:53 am »
I'm good Dean managed to walk away with just bruised ribs and a few scrapes miraculously. Considering the van driver didn't even brake according to a following driver I'm going to call that a win  :thumbsup:

No problem sharing the picture Peter .

Paul

« Reply #13 on: 31 January, 2022, 10:23:06 am »
Cheers Paul.  Did the van driver stop?  "Mine"  didn't.

Longstaff

« Reply #14 on: 31 January, 2022, 10:36:46 am »
He initially drove off Peter but the following driver dropped his passenger off to sort me out then chased after him and made him come back when he found him further up the road sorting there mirror out.

« Reply #15 on: 31 January, 2022, 12:10:41 pm »
Thanks to Terry and all the helpers. Didn't quite miss the rain but a good day out nonetheless. Sorry to hear about the trike, hope you heal up soon!

Now to finish drying out these shoes...

« Reply #16 on: 31 January, 2022, 06:16:05 pm »
He initially drove off Peter but the following driver dropped his passenger off to sort me out then chased after him and made him come back when he found him further up the road sorting there mirror out.

Ha!  I'm surprised he even knew there are mirrors on a van!  Good luck, Paul.

Terry2wheelz

• terry2wheelz
« Reply #17 on: 31 January, 2022, 09:38:39 pm »
Sadly the carelessness of van driver that pranged into Paul left a bitter after taste in the mouth of many of us yesterday, 
Glad 'Longstaff' not hospitalised,  but down-right frustrating that drivers like these are not penalised way more seriously IMHO.  why can't they just give us bit more space & bit more time ?   aren't we all just trying to get some where ?   
would've been a belting day if not for Pauls DNF & damaged trike,
thanks to all the riders who supported the ride yesterday -  great to get back from Covo' enforced year or two away.
Deano - they reckon the sun shines on the righteous !    great to see ya yesterday.
Thanks to you all.
Terry from Bury.

« Reply #18 on: 02 February, 2022, 08:32:46 pm »
Terry, I think the old rhyme goes something like:-

The rain it raineth everyday
On the just and unjust fellah
But mostly on the just
Because the unjust's pinched the just's umbrella.

So - slight variance of opinion!