Author Topic: Resurrecting the WARTY?  (Read 8037 times)

Re: Resurrecting the WARTY?
« Reply #50 on: 09 September, 2019, 10:56:10 am »
Was reopened in May according to this:- Was delayed to June but is open. Station bridge is also due to be closed for 3 months during this financial year following some investigatory trial holes.

https://www.essexhighways.org/highway-schemes-and-developments/highway-schemes/marks-tey-bridge-north-lane-marks-tey.aspx
https://www.essexhighways.org/highway-schemes-and-developments/highway-schemes/marks-tey-station-vrs-north-lane-marks-tey.aspx
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #51 on: 09 September, 2019, 11:31:53 am »
I won't be able to make it this time, family stuff before going Dutch this weekend.

« Reply #52 on: 11 September, 2019, 01:05:52 pm »
Is kick off still 10.22 @ Witham? Still planning to be there.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #53 on: 11 September, 2019, 02:10:29 pm »
That's when my train is scheduled to arrive, so yes. It will be good to see you!

Looks like Canardly, JenM & me at the moment.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #54 on: 11 September, 2019, 03:30:12 pm »
Will have to set my alarm clock. A rare thing these days.

Marco Stefano

• Apply some pressure, you lose some pressure...
« Reply #55 on: 17 September, 2019, 03:47:37 pm »
Bugger - doing other things and missed this. Will pay more attention in future. Hope you had a nice bimble about.

« Reply #56 on: 27 October, 2019, 10:41:42 pm »
I had a little surprise in the post the other day. A fifty quid fine for NOT paying the parking fee at Witham Station. We met at Witham train station for our WARTY. In common with most human beans I parked the car and looked for a cash machine. I paid the fee for 24 hours and stuck the ticket in the windscreen holder provided by most Skoda vehicles. The Subsequent parking fine photos show no ticket before and the presence of a ticket after photos. I threw the ticket away a day or two later of course.

However,

There are TWO car park operators at Witham so beware and these at different price points.! No signage or colour coding to make you aware and no provision on NCP website to complain. They must be making a frigging fortune from out of towners. And TBH it smacks a bit of conspiracy or at best ineptitude.