Author Topic: Conservatory guttering  (Read 739 times)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Conservatory guttering
« on: 30 March, 2024, 02:54:27 pm »
My conservatory guttering has never been right.  The installers came out and added an extra bracket a few years ago but they keep breaking because they're shit and the sunlight embrittles them (the makers, Synseal, have since rightly gone out of business)

The guttering has now fallen off.  As the brackets to fit the proprietary beam profile are no longer made, are there universal brackets for conservatories?  I will try to get it fixed under warranty but I hope there are options.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: Conservatory guttering
« Reply #1 on: 30 March, 2024, 05:29:35 pm »
We don’t have a conservatory so I might be talking out of my arse.

However, David has battled with rain issues and guttering for our garage, the canopy over our patio doors, and his various observatory sheds.

Guttering profiles, and the brackets they fit are NOT standardised and kit you buy this year might not fit whatever you buy to patch up problems in the future.

Whatever you decide to get, and it’s probably worth replacing the lot in one fell swoop, buy some extra lengths of guttering, end stops, fittings and brackets, to have as spares.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #2 on: 30 March, 2024, 06:04:17 pm »
As suggested just take it all down and start again - it isn't expensive for the basic stuff from the likes of Wickes.

« Reply #3 on: 31 March, 2024, 02:07:59 pm »
But the op want's something to to fit his preservatory extrusions..Rather than woodscrew to a soffit. Let's have some pictures then we can suggest what might fit.

« Reply #4 on: 31 March, 2024, 03:29:38 pm »
I had issues with my guttering and found it was a Marley Classic product, again attached to the eaves beam.
I obtained my spares from a company I can’t find now but these may be able to help as they stock various gutter systems and some of your Synseal stuff.

Worth a call

https://conservatoryspares.co.uk/

Richard B.

rogerzilla

« Reply #5 on: 31 March, 2024, 04:06:05 pm »
They don't list the gutter brackets.  I think I bought the last one in existence!  Any other brackets would need the metal beam drilling for either self-tapping screws or rivets.  Proprietary fittings suck.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: 31 March, 2024, 04:09:29 pm »
Get some 3d printed?
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #7 on: 31 March, 2024, 06:57:46 pm »
www.trulypvc.com
Seem to list a couple of bracket types for Synseal conservatory gutters

Richard.

rogerzilla

« Reply #8 on: 01 April, 2024, 06:50:44 pm »
www.trulypvc.com
Seem to list a couple of bracket types for Synseal conservatory gutters

Richard.
Thanks, but all out of stock.  XGC4 are the ones.

Someone 3D prints and sells them but they are very expensive and, given the need for flexibility, strength and UV resistance, unlikely to be much good.  The material is crucial.

« Reply #9 on: 05 April, 2024, 12:06:00 pm »
I had to fix a badly installed conservatory gutter for someone.  It was a strange profile and only an obscure company on ebay had NOS.  We had to buy more than we needed which was lucky because the old plastic was brittle.  With hindsight it would have been better to do the whole gutter again in standard profile.  The odd thing was that the gutter was not more than about 3 or 4 years old - the installer had disappeared off the radar.
Move Faster and Bake Things