Author Topic: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread  (Read 436908 times)

Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Reply #250 on: 17 October, 2016, 10:22:07 am »
I'm really distracted atm.

So distracted that when I went to supermarket (tescos) to buy breakfast and lunch this morning that halfway to work I couldn't remember if I'd paid or not (self-service checkout). I could remember packing food into my bag, but could not remember taking wallet out of jacket to pay.

So convinced I was that I hadn't paid, that when I got into work, I had to log into my bank account to see if there were any transactions. I'd even written down a list of what I'd bought, so I could take it back into the shop.

There, in my 'recent transactions list', payment to Tescos, this morning.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #251 on: 17 October, 2016, 11:30:19 am »
You have quite a conscience, mrcharly. I'm sure most of us in that situation would have maybe felt a bit guilty but at the same time decided well, the supermarket won't miss it, I'll just make sure I don't make the same mistake next time.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #252 on: 17 October, 2016, 01:04:49 pm »
Coming to a full stop in a safe and timely manner is better effected if, after removing the front wheel to get a a dead leaf stuck inside the mud-guard and making annoying shSHHHHhshhhSHHHHsssHHHHHhhsssSSShhh-type noises, one remembers to re-hook the front brake :facepalm:

Did that Friday in Oxford, took the bike out of the car, put the front wheel back on, set off came to the first stop "bugger, no brakes", called myself names and sorted it out.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #253 on: 17 October, 2016, 01:06:36 pm »
You have quite a conscience, mrcharly. I'm sure most of us in that situation would have maybe felt a bit guilty but at the same time decided well, the supermarket won't miss it, I'll just make sure I don't make the same mistake next time.
It was more the thought that the guy who monitors the self checkout would get into trouble that motivated my conscience, he's a nice bloke, always helpful and friendly.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #254 on: 20 October, 2016, 10:21:30 am »
That sounds a far more understandable prompter of conscience. Pretty impressive (in a way) that they have a specific employee in charge of self-checkouts; the only ones I use, in the Co-op, don't seem to have anyone in charge of them at all, they frequently break down (or refuse to process my shopping in some way) and you end up at the normal till anyway.

« Reply #255 on: 23 October, 2016, 11:20:59 am »
It was more the thought that the guy who monitors the self checkout would get into trouble that motivated my conscience, he's a nice bloke, always helpful and friendly.

Just as a thought, there is more chance of getting him into trouble if you went back and 'fessed up as without that they would not have known anything untoward would have happened. (But I doubt any comeback to any employee)

« Reply #256 on: 24 October, 2016, 10:19:12 am »
wore a pair of Rapha winter gloves, took them off @ work and left them outside the room I got changed in. Later realised this and of course they weren't there. Ffwd a week and I left a pair of Defeet (prendas) fluo with assos liners in the same place/same time - What a div ??? ??? But a cleaner spotted them and returned them this am :)

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #257 on: 24 October, 2016, 06:01:23 pm »
Made an 'oopsie' when booking my flights: I have 1h20m at O'Hare to transfer from domestic to international flight.   :facepalm:

I have until Wednesday to study airport maps.  I'm pretty sure there's another flight that evening, but I'd rather catch my scheduled flight.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #258 on: 03 November, 2016, 07:52:33 am »
Get to station. Feck. cable lock isn't in bike basket. Must have dropped out. I'll have to go home. Could have fallen out anywhere. Need to get into work early. bugger bugger bugger.

Then look at bike hoop and see cable lock dangling loosely round it, like someone had left it there from the day before . . .
<i>Marmite slave</i>

ian

« Reply #259 on: 03 November, 2016, 03:44:39 pm »
No sound over the bluetoothy link to the radiogram. Computer volume OK? Restart bluetooth adaptor, no change. Stereo on-off. No change. Restart computer. No change. Curse the immaculately craven image of Finestre, the Demon of Such Things.

Then I notice iTunes (in common with such things) has it's own little separate volume control which the latest update had conveniently set to zero.

(Still, it's a parable of modern life that adjusting music volume requires three controls to be set - app, computer, and the bloody radiogram.)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #260 on: 04 November, 2016, 10:56:04 am »
If you jibble the volume wossname in iTunes while using Airplay to propel musical tunes over the network to your oh-so-clever AV-o-Matic then the latter gets its volume jibbled too, but you can't see that it's done this because the AV-o-Matic is concealed from your vulgar gaze by a coffee table, and you only find out about it when you've juggled a mouse and two or three remotes and switched over to watch the news.

That Fiona Bruce is a dashed pretty gel but I don't need her to be SHOUTING AT ME.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

fuzzy

« Reply #261 on: 04 November, 2016, 01:49:47 pm »
Last night, before bobo's I checked the weather for the area. Very light showers between 1500 and 1800.

I believed em. Didn't pack any wet weather gear. Rode to work in the dry. It then started to rain. Still waiting for it to stop.

Guess I will be getting moist on the ride home ::-)

ElyDave

« Reply #262 on: 04 November, 2016, 01:58:11 pm »
I've resigned myself to the turbo this evening

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #263 on: 05 November, 2016, 02:40:23 pm »
It might have been a good idea to check whether I needed a top or bottom swing front mech for my hybrid before ordering the new part and trying to fit it. Then I wouldn't find out that a bottom swing mech would need to be fitted at exactly the same height as the bottom bottle cage boss :facepalm:
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #264 on: 06 November, 2016, 05:22:40 pm »
And the One Show.
I listened to the whole of the Now Show on iPlayer and there was nothing about the WMP initiative on close passes  :facepalm:
Quote from: Kim
Paging Diver300.  Diver300 to the GSM Trimphone, please...

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #265 on: 08 November, 2016, 03:01:13 pm »
Noticed that I had two Adobe accounts and was paying for two Photoshop CC licences instead of one, one for our company and one for me.  This was originally just mine but last year at some point I reckon that what I thought was an update to new features actually led me to purchase a new licence.  As far as I can see (scrabbling desperately for excuses here) I did this in the aftermath of a 600k when I was a bit more wawa than usual, which can be pretty wawa anyway when I have too much sugar on board.

That's Div Medal #1.

DM + bar is that instead of charging the extra licence to the company I charged it to my private VISA via my Paypal account.

DM + 2 bars: Since it was on the private account I never saw it the company account when I was doing our VAT returns and so I never claimed it back (a whole 1.8€/month).

I just cancelled the company licence, since we're closing.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #266 on: 08 November, 2016, 03:21:46 pm »
When you accept work from an international source, always check what time zone they're using.  :facepalm:

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #267 on: 08 November, 2016, 09:23:14 pm »
I ordered all the parts from the supermarket to have burgers for tea.
Except the burgers.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

ElyDave

« Reply #268 on: 08 November, 2016, 11:07:13 pm »
When you accept work from an international source, always check what time zone they're using.  :facepalm:

BTDT

but what to do when one party is in California, another in UK and the third in Japan?

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #269 on: 08 November, 2016, 11:30:59 pm »

BTDT

but what to do when one party is in California, another in UK and the third in Japan?
With a party like that, who needs to look at the clock?

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #270 on: 08 November, 2016, 11:36:03 pm »
Anyway, finished it 2h30 before deadline. At least, according to my calculation of UTC-6. Their's seemed to be an hour later sending me the stuff. Funny how that happens. FSVO funny.

« Reply #271 on: 21 December, 2016, 09:54:52 pm »
I thought this flat was too warm.....  left the storage heaters switched on all day  :facepalm:
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #272 on: 22 December, 2016, 01:26:50 am »
This time of year I do a fair number of PDI builds. People come in to look for a bike, get a price then I pick them up off the floor and off they go to Smiths Toys, Argos or Sports Direct. Some just buy on line and wonder how the full size bike fits in that box that's a lot smaller.

Phone call late this aft, can I put a bike together? Yes. Can I drop it off today? Yes, before 6. Will it be ready for Friday? Yes.

Having run out of job cards I wrote the name & phone number on the box then unpacked the bike, adding the box to the pile of saved packaging I keep for the car breaker round the corner (cos getting big cartons for used panels & glass is expensive).

Five to six. 'Eyup, John'
'Eyup, Dave'
'Are you done with these boxes? I've got loads of stuff to get on the carrier tomorrow'
'No problem'
'Cheers, John'

Now I've finished the bike, just need to ring... Shit!
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #273 on: 22 December, 2016, 07:45:31 am »
I thought this flat was too warm.....  left the storage heaters switched on all day  :facepalm:

Thanks for the reminder - I need a new heater for my workshop.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

ElyDave

« Reply #274 on: 22 December, 2016, 01:55:34 pm »

Thanks for the reminder - I need a new heater for my workshop.

Added to the list for my new gym.  Office can wait a while until I've assessed the contribution of the boiler to space heating