Author Topic: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread  (Read 437589 times)

ian

Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Reply #450 on: 30 June, 2017, 11:54:16 am »
Leaning over to look at something I neglected to consider the mug of coffee I had just filled. Which promptly spilled all over my feet. I swear Little Monster Cat, who was observing from a safe distance, just raised her eyebrows as she watched me do.

The I came back to my office and for reasons unknown somehow manage to twist the inky filler barrel thing on my pen while scribbling. Which I only noticed by dint of the fact I now have bright purple fingers. Possibly I should just start the weekend already.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #451 on: 04 July, 2017, 03:29:10 pm »
Made myself a coffee with the Aeropress after lunch, using the inverted method, and forgot to put the filter on before turning it the right way up. Ouch.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

essexian

« Reply #452 on: 07 July, 2017, 11:09:13 am »
Got myself in a bit of trouble with CBH this morning......

My lovely wife has been away on holiday with her "Aged Mum" for the week, so this morning I got up early to clean the house...yes, I hadn't bothered all week but felt it best to do so on the hope that the cats would return and not tell her tales of grime and slime.

To this end, I got the new hoover out and gave the floor a quick going over. I was impressed how quiet and effective the new hoover is, this being the first time I have used it.  I said this to CBH when she called.... only to be told that the new hoover is over 2 years old ....  :facepalm:

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #453 on: 07 July, 2017, 12:14:20 pm »
Oops!  Funny story though  ;D

« Reply #454 on: 08 July, 2017, 07:37:24 am »

To this end, I got the new hoover out and gave the floor a quick going over. I was impressed how quiet and effective the new hoover is, this being the first time I have used it.  I said this to CBH when she called.... only to be told that the new hoover is over 2 years old ....  :facepalm:

;D

I'm not allowed to use the hoover.  But when it goes wrong I must fix it.
Move Faster and Bake Things

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #455 on: 11 July, 2017, 08:31:21 pm »
This evening's plan was simply to complete the upper wing for the current build (port, centre and starboard sections); about 10 to 15 minutes work.  Got to the starboard upper and found that the root rib was *fractionally* off perpendicular to the leading/trailing edge so that wasn't ever going to work.  *Not* best pleased with myself.   

Of course it was the only dud rib alignment out of some 20 plus of them wasn't it? 

Cue 15 or 20 nerve wracking minutes with the 66TPI scalpel saw and a fine scalpel blade disconnecting the offending rib then a further 10 or so resetting and reglueing it.

Fortunately the fix seems to have worked, but, what with waiting for glue to set and other fettling, that was 2 hours gone rather than the planned quarter of an hour.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

andytheflyer

• Andytheex-flyer.....
« Reply #456 on: 12 July, 2017, 08:27:26 am »
This evening's plan was simply to complete the upper wing for the current build (port, centre and starboard sections); about 10 to 15 minutes work.  Got to the starboard upper and found that the root rib was *fractionally* off perpendicular to the leading/trailing edge so that wasn't ever going to work.  *Not* best pleased with myself.   

Of course it was the only dud rib alignment out of some 20 plus of them wasn't it? 

Cue 15 or 20 nerve wracking minutes with the 66TPI scalpel saw and a fine scalpel blade disconnecting the offending rib then a further 10 or so resetting and reglueing it.

Fortunately the fix seems to have worked, but, what with waiting for glue to set and other fettling, that was 2 hours gone rather than the planned quarter of an hour.

Yup.  Been there.........  Usually after glueing up something critical late at night then going to bed.  Only to look at it next morning and....  At least it was rectifiable. I have a 'relaxed' approach to a build programme, in that I don't have one.  It'll be ready when its ready.   (Goes off to spray the witness coat on the underside of the Grumman GA-7 that didn't get done yesterday as once the paint on the top side had dried it started raining, and I don't spray paint indoors.  Then I can see where I need any filler in the glass/epoxy skin).

« Reply #457 on: 12 July, 2017, 08:34:52 pm »
Arrived at work this morning. Shower time. I took the 'old' towel home last night to be washed so will have b.r..o...u....g.....h......t

or not.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #459 on: 14 July, 2017, 06:17:30 am »
Not me this time, but
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/13/texas-man-atm-bank-of-america-escape

I think the Texan ATM man has just won this thread!  Quick, get him on yacf, he's just the sort of fecking div we need!  ;D

« Reply #460 on: 14 July, 2017, 06:56:41 am »

“Apparently he left his cellphone and the swipe card he needed to get out of the room outside in his truck,”

Good job the keys to his truck wouldn't fit through the slot.

« Reply #461 on: 14 July, 2017, 08:38:26 am »
Unbelievable that the door could be kicked in. 

essexian

« Reply #462 on: 15 July, 2017, 08:31:08 am »
There are times when, while not morally correct, it is right to tell a “little white lie” to ones partner.

As an example, a few weeks back after explaining that I could not afford  some gig tickets (£100 each!) as we had a vet bill to pay, I was confronted with a confused looking CBH who asked why, given this, I had just brought a new set of wheels. In reply I explained that the wheels were not new but an old set which I had sent away to have new rims, spokes and a hub fitted….much cheaper than new wheels I said.

Then, there was the following conversation on her birthday:

CBH (Very angry looking and a bit shouty). “So, once again you have mixed up my and your ex partners birthday!!!

Me: (thinking very quickly): “No Dear, I was going to try to break it to you gently but the item I ordered was out of stock at Tiffany’s so they are flying it in from New York. It should be here by Friday at the latest.

Quickly followed by…

Posh person at Tiffany’s: “Of course Sir, we can have that item with you tomorrow: we pride ourselves on our service. However Sir, I am unaware of this “free postage and a packet of Haribos” you mention.” (True story).

So, come this morning….CBH asks why I had the window open during the night: something I don’t do that often. Of course the correct answer it:

Me: “It was a bit warm and I thought some fresh air would do me good.”

And not:

Me: “As I hoped the traffic noise would drowned out the sound of your snoring.”

It seems that I am sleeping at a place called: “Goto Hell” tonight. I have checked the map but I can’t seem to find it. Perhaps one of our Audax chums knows where it is?

« Reply #463 on: 15 July, 2017, 10:59:01 am »
I am sure she will calm down.  So long as you don't make the suggestion :hand:

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #464 on: 15 July, 2017, 11:12:55 am »
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #465 on: 20 July, 2017, 10:31:41 pm »
I've made a small amount of noise at work about the sudden loss of our secure cycle parking.   Not noise about the loss of it, shit has to be done, noise about the loss of it at 4 days notice.  Not a lot of noise either, I'm a contractor on 1 weeks notice on a project that has outed a lot of contractors this year.  Still, more than zero noise has been made about having to leave my nice bikes on the street until I can make disposable bike or folding alternative arrangements.

At the weekend I removed the more valuable removables from the bike.  Monday I was off. Yesterday and today I carefully locked my bike to a Sheffield stand using a Gold rated D lock & cable plus a hefty cable lock.  I did not use the the temporary not bolted down Sheffield toast-rack stands.  I walked nervously away.  Today for some 'did I leave the oven on?' type reason I went back and checked I'd not done something stupid with either lock such as catch an adjacent bike or loop the cable lock so as its not actually doing anything.  I had not, I went to work.  I may have moaned to fellow cycling contractors a bit about having to use a sweaty back pack rather than my nice rack pack.  I may have mentioned not using the temporary stands as obviously sooner or later the whole lot will get lifted on a flatbed for the thieves to sort out the locks at their leisure resulting in 16 bikes to gumtree.  Bleedin tea leaves are everywhere, inevitable innit.

On the way down in the lift this evening I reached in my bag for my Garmin. I froze cold.  I checked the other pockets knowing damn well it was not there, it wasn't.  I walked to my bike thinking whale music and other calming thoughts trying not to think about how the hell I'm going to a ) afford and b) find time to sort another garmin before my cycling holiday in 8 days, 4 of which I'll be away on business.  Bike still there - good start.  Garmin still there and still running after 10.5 hours.

Muppet 'tween.  Lucky, lucky muppet  :facepalm:
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

essexian

« Reply #466 on: 21 July, 2017, 09:44:39 am »
So, last weekend I ordered some new fencing for the "lower paddock" and as I like doing things like this, I booked today off to fit it.

Anyway, no sign of the fencing at the time and date agreed so I phone the supplier....... I had ordered the delivery for next Friday and not today..... :facepalm:

CBH has just told me I am taking her to the garden centre as a punishment.  :facepalm: :sick: :(

EDIT next day to add... The trip to the garden centre cost me £120!!!!  :o   Yes, more hydrangeas  :-\ >:( :hand:   

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #468 on: 21 July, 2017, 07:45:29 pm »
I appear to have mislaid a stem. A new stem. A new Thomson stem.  :facepalm:

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #469 on: 23 July, 2017, 05:27:34 pm »
I am now a member of the got half way to the airport without passport club.

Not a good week
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #470 on: 23 July, 2017, 08:23:31 pm »
I didn't get back from London till 0900 today.

I let myself in the back gate at 2130 expecting No1 Son to let me in.  He wasn't in.  It dawned on me that ...

I might have locked myself out of the house.

My phone might have run out of charge.

I sat in the rain in the back yard waiting for my son to come home from the pub and turn the lights on.

The lights didn't come on.

Midnight arrived.  The church clock chimes first, then the one in town.

Tried to break in by bashing the window with some garden furniture.  Furniture bounced off the window.

Considered climbing onto the kitchen roof.  Rejected this idea as madness.  My body will not fit through that tiny bedroom window.  Not in one piece anyway.

Walked into town.  Got a taxi to the police station, hoping they'd break in for me.  PC Plod was not at home.  Nor was he answering his emergency phone outside the police station.

Swallowed my pride and went to my friend's house to crash.  My, how she laughed.  I'll never be allowed to forget this one.
Milk please, no sugar.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #471 on: 23 July, 2017, 08:30:26 pm »
Oops!
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #472 on: 23 July, 2017, 08:41:38 pm »
Snork!   :D  And you were already damp & tired from the ride.   Hope you've managed a hot bath & relaxing cup of tea.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #473 on: 23 July, 2017, 08:42:36 pm »
Snork!   :D  And you were already damp & tired from the ride.   Hope you've managed a hot bath & relaxing cup of tea.

Yeah.  Then I went to work for eight hours.  Then walked home in the rain with no coat.

Milk please, no sugar.

« Reply #474 on: 23 July, 2017, 08:49:14 pm »

Yeah.  Then I went to work for eight hours.  Then walked home in the rain with no coat.

:facepalm:   Sending virtual hugs.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark