Author Topic: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread  (Read 428619 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Reply #1175 on: 14 January, 2019, 10:00:41 am »
Bare feet.  Wooden stairs.  Bounce, Mr L, bounce, like the innocent Derek Bentley!

Hurty shoulder.  Bah!
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #1176 on: 14 January, 2019, 10:23:03 am »
You're a sick man, Dave!
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1177 on: 14 January, 2019, 02:13:43 pm »
Hop you're not hurty for long, MrL!

SO glad I bought fall-friendly stairs with this house!

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1178 on: 14 January, 2019, 04:25:31 pm »
One of our dogs missed a step the other day and slid backwards all the way down. He looked just the way you'd expect a cartoon dog to look. He was OK after, trotted up again happily.

No dogs were hurt in making this post.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #1179 on: 15 January, 2019, 02:40:55 am »
Monday's planned room-jibbling involved doing stuff above head height and wrestling with heavy metal things.  It is on hold.

« Reply #1180 on: 15 January, 2019, 01:33:50 pm »
Me, shortly heading out to triathlon club swim session, thinks "I should just check Facebook in case this evening's coach has posted asking us to bring pull buoys". I check. Nothing. Good. I then remember that this evening's coach is my husband...

« Reply #1181 on: 16 January, 2019, 10:23:32 am »
Raining hard this morning so decided to use the car part way. So bike/shoes/helmet/overshoes all in car and off I go. Now where is my expensive rain-jacket?? Oh, it's hung up nice and dry in the garage  :(

« Reply #1182 on: 18 January, 2019, 12:21:28 pm »
What's the name for a person who is building a vegetable storage drawers (c 800 x 600 x 1000 mm) requiring millimetric precision, is very pleased with themselves having planned meticulously to discover that they have sufficient material - just - who then proceeds to cut out all the pieces, again meticulously, then makes the cut out required to 16 of said pieces on the fly only to discover that 20mm too much has been removed, preventing said item from being supported? Oh, yes, I think I know  ::-)

andytheflyer

• Andytheex-flyer.....
« Reply #1183 on: 18 January, 2019, 01:09:07 pm »
What's the name for a person who is building a vegetable storage drawers (c 800 x 600 x 1000 mm) requiring millimetric precision, is very pleased with themselves having planned meticulously to discover that they have sufficient material - just - who then proceeds to cut out all the pieces, again meticulously, then makes the cut out required to 16 of said pieces on the fly only to discover that 20mm too much has been removed, preventing said item from being supported? Oh, yes, I think I know  ::-)

Not just me then...….. :-[

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #1184 on: 18 January, 2019, 01:37:03 pm »
"Measure twice, cut once. I've cut it three times and the bastard's still too short...!"
VELOMANCER

« Reply #1185 on: 18 January, 2019, 01:39:59 pm »
Measure once, buy twice.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

fuzzy

« Reply #1186 on: 18 January, 2019, 02:07:45 pm »
Measure twice, cut once, get a professional in to sort out the fuck up.

« Reply #1187 on: 18 January, 2019, 02:12:31 pm »
The last-but-one owner of my house: "Measure once, cut once, beat to fit or use longer nails to bridge the gap."
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1188 on: 18 January, 2019, 02:31:45 pm »
Think twice.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #1189 on: 18 January, 2019, 08:58:00 pm »
Just another day for you and me in paradise...
VELOMANCER

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #1190 on: 19 January, 2019, 10:38:22 am »
Measure once, believe figures on the Happy Swedish Halls of Joy's webby SCIENCE once, bodge serially.

^^^^ That's the story of the Estate Office relocation, right there.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1191 on: 19 January, 2019, 06:52:31 pm »
TFW you realise that not only do you have all your holiday washing to do, but a basket full that you failed to do before you went away  :facepalm:
And it's winter so no drying outside or in the wash house  :facepalm:
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #1192 on: 23 January, 2019, 07:04:45 pm »
Hot chocolate.  Warms you twice.  Once when you drink the mug you've just made,  the second time when you have to get the hoover out to clean up the half tub of powder you spilt on the kitchen floor  :facepalm:
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #1193 on: 24 January, 2019, 09:53:39 am »
The first time your Cateye light makes a bid for freedom from its bracket, that should be taken as a cue to replace the bracket (a mere £4.50 from Evans).

The second time it happens, this is a warning that you really should do something about it very soon.

The third time it happens... damn.  :facepalm:

Fortunately, it's just the battery cartridge casing that's broken, not the light itself, and the battery is - in theory - replaceable. Only it's an older model (Volt 700) and I have so far had no luck finding anything on the interwebs. I would try to repair the battery but the wires have become disconnected and I don't think it would be such a good idea to wield a soldering iron near a Li-ion battery.

The real shame is that it's an excellent light that has served me well for over four years. The Volt 700 was superseded by the Volt 800 which aiui is identical except for being the one with the bigger lumens, and I would happily get a new one... if only I could afford to spaff away £90 for no good reason (wiggle seems to have them for £57 but that's still more than I've got in the petty cash tin at the moment).

Also note: at this time of year, it's a good idea not to leave your bike outside overnight as the rear derailleur may freeze solid, leaving you stuck in your lowest gear for the mad dash to the station. Also, when you eventually get to the station (in time to see your train pulling away) you may find that your lock is frozen too and it takes a good ten minutes to defrost it enough to get the key in.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #1194 on: 24 January, 2019, 11:24:13 am »
Every night, I unscrew top from my Merker razor, rinse under tap and wipe greasy shaving cream off side of blade with finger. reassemble. Takes about 10s.

Except that last night, I'm deep in thought about work stuff, I don't wipe greasy stuff off side with finger, I slide finger down the edge. Slide - finger - down - edge of new feather blade.

Straight down to the bone before I even felt it. Fuck. It actually sprayed across the sink onto the tiles before I could grab finger with the other hand. Thought I might have to head into A&E for a minute, but managed to get it to stop bleeding.

effing egit
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #1195 on: 24 January, 2019, 11:40:28 am »
Also note: at this time of year, it's a good idea not to leave your bike outside overnight as the rear derailleur may freeze solid, leaving you stuck in your lowest gear for the mad dash to the station. Also, when you eventually get to the station (in time to see your train pulling away) you may find that your lock is frozen too and it takes a good ten minutes to defrost it enough to get the key in.

Reminds me of an old traffic police tale...

Two ossiffers were on motorbike patrol on a foggy frosty morn. At a filling station they espied a fellow biker having difficulty with a locking fuel cap and wandered over to see if they could help. The frozen lock stubbornly refused to yield until one of the cops whipped out the old chap and proceeded to apply warm fluid to the affected area.

The biker said thank you, filled up with fuel and toddled off into traffic. the ossiffers went about their daily duty with the satisfaction of a job well done, another memberof the public helped on their way.

A couple of weeks later they were called to the Chief Inspector's office, where the boss read them a letter from a member of the public. 'Dear Sir, I am writing to thank you for the kind assistance your ossiffers rendered to my daughter during the recent cold spell. She was unable to remove the filler cap from her motorcycle as the lock had frozen overnight...
Yours Sincerely, Reverend...'
VELOMANCER

andytheflyer

• Andytheex-flyer.....
« Reply #1196 on: 24 January, 2019, 01:23:15 pm »
Every night, I unscrew top from my Merker razor, rinse under tap and wipe greasy shaving cream off side of blade with finger. reassemble. Takes about 10s.

Except that last night, I'm deep in thought about work stuff, I don't wipe greasy stuff off side with finger, I slide finger down the edge. Slide - finger - down - edge of new feather blade.

Straight down to the bone before I even felt it. Fuck. It actually sprayed across the sink onto the tiles before I could grab finger with the other hand. Thought I might have to head into A&E for a minute, but managed to get it to stop bleeding.

effing egit
Ooh, aaahhhhh.. I've gone all woosy.  Warm/cold, sweaty.....

Deep breath.  Head between knees. 

I have a Merkur razor, and I use Astra Platinums.  But I rinse it under the tap when done.  Ooooooh, aaaaaah.  I need to sit down....

ian

« Reply #1197 on: 24 January, 2019, 01:24:27 pm »
I never attempt to clean mine other than a rinse when I'm done. Seems safer all round.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #1198 on: 24 January, 2019, 01:26:14 pm »
Old toothbrush? Shifts the soapy clag when you're changing the blade...
VELOMANCER

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #1199 on: 24 January, 2019, 01:31:28 pm »
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."