Author Topic: Cycling computer on upright Dutch bike  (Read 1040 times)

Cycling computer on upright Dutch bike
« on: 07 July, 2008, 09:12:21 pm »
Mr Yoyo finally got round to putting my computer from my old bike onto my Batavus (see its picture in left corner) It is wireless and he recalibrated it etc. However, it is only working temperamentally and is not measuring distance accurately; speed is being recorded at times but mostly I am doing 0mph!! Are my high handlebars too far from the sensor on the wheel? Has anyone any suggestions? Thank you.

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
Re: Cycling computer on upright Dutch bike
« Reply #1 on: 07 July, 2008, 09:14:13 pm »
You're just going veeeeeeeeery slowly.  ;)

Fresh batteries?  The longer distance might need 'em fresh...
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

« Reply #2 on: 07 July, 2008, 09:44:33 pm »
Not going THAT slowly!!

We have bought fresh batteries and what I described above is the result. Mr Yoyo thinks I may need a computer that's not wireless but thought I'd see what people said first before changing.

« Reply #3 on: 07 July, 2008, 09:50:38 pm »
i'd recommend wired over wireless:
only one battery to go flat (the battery in the sensor is guaranteed to go flat one week after you've replaced the one in the computer), no interference from cell phone masts etc, and less to go wrong.
she was quite innocent, 'till she got that bicycle - sykurmolanir

« Reply #4 on: 08 July, 2008, 04:26:11 pm »
Probably toooo far away to pick the signal up. Can you fix it onto the frame in a position that you can see? I've used the handlebar clip to fix the computer to a couple of inches of plastic pipe and then zip tied this onto a frame tube on the recumbent,
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...