Author Topic: RAW images  (Read 11297 times)

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
Re: RAW images
« Reply #50 on: 08 January, 2009, 08:27:00 am »
Hmm.. Silkypix uses a download site that is blacklisted by google for downloading and installing unauthorised scripts on the user's PC..
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

annie

« Reply #51 on: 08 January, 2009, 08:27:44 am »
Hmm.. Silkypix uses a download site that is blacklisted by google for downloading and installing unauthorised scripts on the user's PC..

What is batch processing and what are unauthorised scripts?

David Martin

« Reply #52 on: 08 January, 2009, 08:35:12 am »

What is batch processing and what are unauthorised scripts?

Batch processing is where you process a number of pictures with the same settings. For example, if I photograph a time trial 99% of the pictures will be identical in terms of the colour/exposure/sharpening needing to be done. So you set up the parameters for one image, then tell the software to 'do all the others like this' and go and do something more productive whilst the computer does the work.

unauthorised scripts are bits of code a web site may persuade your browser to download without you being aware of it. These can have malicious effects (e.g. capturing all your form input and sending it to a third party )

My browser throws a wobbler with the silkypix software distributor so I can't even find out how much it costs. And I can't run the demo either.

..d

annie

« Reply #53 on: 08 January, 2009, 08:37:04 am »
Thank you David. 

The batch processing would have been so useful with my Mersey Roads pictures, at least I know now.

« Reply #54 on: 08 January, 2009, 12:06:16 pm »
I use Bibble Lite. Its easy enough for a casual userliek me to play with. If your a more serious hobbiest they do a professional version too.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #55 on: 08 January, 2009, 12:07:08 pm »
Silkypix does batch processing.  Tick the images you want done ("Mark batch development") then click "Batch Development for reserved scene".  In fact this is easier to use than processing individually.  You can have a "batch" of just one if you like.

Hopefully the warning for the website is a false alarm.  I know from the Shortcut Inc forum (currently not up) that the company is aware of the issue.

Info on the product is available at SILKYPIX Developer Studio .  Cost is $149.  Those not in a hurry should wait for the Pro version as you won't get a free upgrade to it from the current version.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

annie

« Reply #56 on: 08 January, 2009, 05:45:11 pm »
This one is a bit weird and not sure if it is worth keeping, I cropped quite a bit of it as I thought it looked better this way.  I was lying on the sand at the time.

I can't post the others at the mo as they are saved as TIFF files and photobucket won't allow me to download them.  Hmmmm.

David Martin

« Reply #57 on: 09 January, 2009, 12:03:38 am »
This one is a bit weird and not sure if it is worth keeping, I cropped quite a bit of it as I thought it looked better this way.  I was lying on the sand at the time.

I like it. If you rotate it a little bit clockwise before cropping, can you move the squiggle further into the frame? The dark out of focus foreground seems to dominate and distract and rotating a wee bit first may reduce that.

..d