Author Topic: Virtual Cycle Touring Festival - 25-26 April 2020  (Read 1762 times)

Virtual Cycle Touring Festival - 25-26 April 2020
« on: 05 April, 2020, 05:07:53 pm »
This year the Cycle Touring Festival has been cancelled, but they are planning a virtual event 25/26 April. These are the details so far.

https://cycletouringfestival.co.uk/virtualctf/

Virtual Cycle Touring Festival
Coronovirus won’t stop us celebrating the joy of cycle touring. Join us over the weekend of 25-26 April 2020 for a mixture of online talks, films and workshops.

Donations
All events will be completely free of charge and open to everyone. However, we are requesting that anyone who takes part makes a donation to the National Emergencies Trust Coronavirus Appeal. Click on this link to make a donation.

Programme
The programme is still being put together and this page will be updated as we confirm more details. You will need to sign up in advance for some live events and we will let you know how to do this as soon as we can.

Sessions confirmed so far include:

Andrew Sykes: Spain and Portugal on a Bike Called Wanda

A flight-free cycle across Spain & Portugal, via the Isle of Wight (& lots of ferries and trains).

Caroline Burrows: A Literary Tour of the North of England

Our favourite cycling poet, Caroline Burrows will describe her literary cycling tour of the North of England, from Middle Earth to Wuthering Heights and Dracula.

Debs Butler: Flight-free Bicycle Adventures

Trip ideas and practical for adventures long and short with two wheels but no wings.

Mikel Bringas: Cycle Touring Islands

On our family cycle trips, we have visited some islands of five continents, and we want to share the beauty that they have offered us.

Tim Boden: Forging the Oyster Wheel

The story of how the Oysterwheel was built together with recommendations for anyone trying to build there own multi day route.

Re: Virtual Cycle Touring Festival - 25-26 April 2020
« Reply #1 on: 06 April, 2020, 12:27:57 am »
Sounds great, thanks for posting!

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: 21 April, 2020, 12:52:07 pm »
The programme is now finalised for the virtual festival. Events include online talks, films, workshops, quiz, open mike session and a virtual cake break (BYO). The event is free but donations are encouraged to the National Emergencies Trust Coronavirus Appeal. There is also some merchandise available - t-shirts and stem caps.

It won't be same as the 'live' event, but it will provide a distraction with touring off the radar for the time being.

https://secureservercdn.net/160.153.137.19/662.17d.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/CTF20-Brochure-20.04.20.pdf

« Reply #3 on: 25 April, 2020, 08:53:55 am »
30 tabs now open in my browser  ::-) . I won't get time to see all of it, but looking forward to it.

« Reply #4 on: 26 April, 2020, 07:02:38 pm »
It's been rather pleasant. The list of films is worth a look too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk