Author Topic: Mosquito sound thingy  (Read 1745 times)

Zoidburg

Mosquito sound thingy
« on: 23 April, 2008, 12:01:05 am »
Can you hear them?

I didnt know I could being an old git of 30, but I learned that I could when I popped in to sainsburys the other night, I thought my ears had gone funny and that I was about to go deaf or loose my balance, its the same ringing you get from being exposed to loud bangs

Ban these bloody things and put police back on the beat to move oiks on

At least there is a a degree of human interaction in that, and reason, if you harrased any part of the tax paying adult public in this random and indiscrminate manner you would be in line for prosecution, no wonder kids hate society >:(

Re: Mosquito sound thingy
« Reply #1 on: 23 April, 2008, 12:51:57 am »
I need to find out where they are in my area, and when active, but yes I'd put money on me being able to hear them.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #2 on: 23 April, 2008, 06:37:47 am »
I can only hear the one for ages 39 and up (I'm 39) which is somewhat depressing.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Chris S

« Reply #3 on: 23 April, 2008, 07:40:02 am »
I can hear them, and they are bloody annoying  >:(.

I have to hang out in the park these days...

« Reply #4 on: 23 April, 2008, 08:57:35 am »
what mosquito sound thingy  ???

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #5 on: 23 April, 2008, 08:59:35 am »
I can't hear them, but I am a bit deaf anyway.  I think they are wrong.
Getting there...

bobmick

« Reply #6 on: 23 April, 2008, 09:04:59 am »
Same as Clarion.  Can't hear them.  Too many Motorhead gigs in my youth means my hearing is pretty much buggered anyway.

They are completely indiscriminate and I cannot believe that they are allowed.

Flying_Monkey

« Reply #7 on: 23 April, 2008, 09:57:47 am »
I can hear them and I am 35...

I love how these non-lethal sonic weapons (which is what these kinds of things used to be termed) have been rebranded as socially acceptable... since when did it become acceptable to remove the human rights from an entire swathe of the population to get to a few amongst them?

Zoidburg is right - we need to stop relying on technologies of control and get back to human interaction. However I am afraid the trend is in the opposite direction. Mosquito is just the first of many attempts to get non-lethal and less-lethal weapons onto the streets...