Author Topic: Gadget Show - Recumbents.  (Read 3396 times)

Gadget Show - Recumbents.
« on: 05 May, 2008, 08:59:07 pm »
Channel 5 next Monday 8:30 next Monday...

Comparing two top of the range racing bikes............................

and one is a recumbent!

They have looked at recumbent trikes previously, but this is all out racing bikes.

richie_b

Re: Gadget Show - Recumbents.
« Reply #1 on: 05 May, 2008, 10:06:30 pm »
http://gadgetshow.five.tv/jsp/5gsmain.jsp?lnk=410

Looks to be a hi-racer from the wee photo, but will be interesting to watch....

Not a program that I watch often, but when I do catch it, I notice the awful standard of testing.  Not sure whether I should be excited or dreading it....

« Reply #2 on: 06 May, 2008, 06:35:37 pm »
Could be a Challenge Seiran?  It's just the odd time like this that I wish I had a TV set - maybe call in on some relatives on the way back, heh heh.

Hang on, it's Tuesday, the cleaner's just come in - must be next week?

richie_b

« Reply #3 on: 12 May, 2008, 08:53:22 pm »

Looks to be a hi-racer from the wee photo, but will be interesting to watch....

Not a program that I watch often, but when I do catch it, I notice the awful standard of testing.  Not sure whether I should be excited or dreading it....

The hi-racer was an M5 carbon Hi-racer & was racing against that Storck £10k upwrong (Fascerino (sp?)).

I should have dreaded it: it was a terrible, terrible, terrible piece of television.

Apart from two people who'd not been on any sort of bike for some years comparing high-end bikes being quite a stupid set-up, they kept saying stupid things.  I learnt that the hi-racer holds 8 speed records (so that wouldn't be the low racer then?), that a recumbent had made it up to a top speed of 33mph once (not sure how my 50mph ranks then), that the bent had 19 gears & various other stupid things.

It's also painful to watch someone start a 'bent by running along then dropping in to the seat inelegantly...

The "endurance" race (19 (yes, 19) laps of a c 250m go-kart track) was too embarrassing for words & why would anyone that unfit consider those sort of prices for a bike?

Still it was quite cool to see a 'bent on mainstream TV!

« Reply #4 on: 13 May, 2008, 12:33:18 am »
Maybe I'm glad I missed it then...

RogerT

• Playing with a big steamy thing
« Reply #5 on: 13 May, 2008, 07:20:14 am »
That was one of the most awful bits of TV I have seen in a long time.  How emabarrassing !  Probably just confirmed what JP have always thought of cyclists.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #6 on: 13 May, 2008, 09:51:22 am »
Both bikes were pretty though
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #7 on: 13 May, 2008, 01:18:45 pm »
I gave up on the gadget show ages back when I noticed that they just kept plugging the iPod/iPhone/iEtc irespective of the other gadgets they were comparing them to.

Furious

• Pedal Head
    • Rijidij.net
« Reply #8 on: 13 May, 2008, 08:02:15 pm »
Repeated on FIVER now.
Wer sein Fahrrad liebt, der schiebt.
He who loves his bike, will push it.

richie_b

« Reply #9 on: 13 May, 2008, 08:24:04 pm »
Repeated on FIVER now.
OK, we know what not to watch!

Nutty, I had a vague feeling that they pushed an iSomething last night, but had lost interest by this point.  Maybe, there should have been an iM5 with a USB connection.

Furious

• Pedal Head
    • Rijidij.net
« Reply #10 on: 13 May, 2008, 08:44:48 pm »
WTF?!
What a load of crap! :hand:
Wer sein Fahrrad liebt, der schiebt.
He who loves his bike, will push it.