Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 896971 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #2050 on: 12 October, 2016, 12:42:23 pm »
I was actually thinking of him as the Captain...
Getting there...

fuzzy

« Reply #2051 on: 12 October, 2016, 12:46:29 pm »
No. The Captain should be Stanley Unwin.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2052 on: 12 October, 2016, 12:52:01 pm »
Fuzzy, take this all home.  You have Won The Interwebz Today!!! :thumbsup:
Getting there...

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #2053 on: 12 October, 2016, 12:56:41 pm »
Carry on luggage is the work of Stan.

I know I am going to use it next weekend when I go to Gibraltar but, a) that is because SleazyJet will charge extra tokens for checked baggage and b) my whole party of 6 will have less luggage than 2 Carry On C****s.

It's also bloody annoying when you do have only one item of carry-on (for example, I usually travel with a small bag and a  book) and it ends up having to go in the hold because of all of the tw-ats who have turned up with too much stuff.  I wasted 45 minutes at Gatwick a few weeks ago having to wait for my tiny little bag to come through while the other tw-ats swanned straight through customs and away.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

« Reply #2054 on: 12 October, 2016, 01:12:10 pm »
The one sure way is to take onboard only a bag that goes under the seat in front.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #2055 on: 12 October, 2016, 01:14:28 pm »
I managed 6 days abroad with one carryon bag - and it easily fitted in the size checker. Dropped in.

When I boarded, I quickly chucked it in the overhead locker. 30s later, someone with laptop, stuffed baby rhino, duty free and a rigid case took my bag out of the overhead locker so he could fit all of his bags in there. Tried to argue that I had to put mine across the aisle, 'cause otherwise his bags would end up in split in several bins.

Steward came and removed his duty free, put it in a locker right at the aft of the plane, MrEntitledST had to wait until all passengers had exited when we landed to get it back  ;D
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #2056 on: 12 October, 2016, 01:16:29 pm »
I boarded, I quickly chucked it in the overhead locker. 30s later, someone with laptop, stuffed baby rhino, duty free and a rigid case took my bag out of the overhead locker so he could fit all of his bags in there. Tried to argue that I had to put mine across the aisle, 'cause otherwise his bags would end up in split in several bins.

Steward came and removed his duty free, put it in a locker right at the aft of the plane, MrEntitledST had to wait until all passengers had exited when we landed to get it back  ;D
Class.
Rust never sleeps

fuzzy

« Reply #2057 on: 12 October, 2016, 01:50:45 pm »
Fuzzy, take this all home.  You have Won The Interwebz Today!!! :thumbsup:

Eyethangewe 8)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #2058 on: 12 October, 2016, 03:04:52 pm »
I managed 6 days abroad with one carryon bag - and it easily fitted in the size checker. Dropped in.

When I boarded, I quickly chucked it in the overhead locker. 30s later, someone with laptop, stuffed baby rhino, duty free and a rigid case took my bag out of the overhead locker so he could fit all of his bags in there. Tried to argue that I had to put mine across the aisle, 'cause otherwise his bags would end up in split in several bins.

Chap sat next to me on the way home from Chicago the other week tried to conceal his carry-on bag between his legs and the side of the fuselage.  It didn't work :thumbsup:  Nice BA Lady took it away and hid it.  I like to think that one reason my fellow passenger had bagsied the seat right at the front of the cattle class cabin was that it affords a quicker getaway; he certainly looked a bit glum as half a 747 shuffled past him to do battle with LHR's immigration machine.

The words "Twat", "Super" and "Schadenfreude" probably apply to this case.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

fuzzy

« Reply #2059 on: 12 October, 2016, 03:52:33 pm »
Kudos to nice BA lady ;D

I also think that folk who insist on collecting bags before approaching emergency exit slides should be made to go to the back of the queue. Just get out of your seat and get off the plane FFS.

On a number of recent(ish) news films of emergency evacuations of planes, there have been more than one person on each walking away from the aircraft clutching luggage of some form.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #2060 on: 12 October, 2016, 05:44:39 pm »

Chap sat next to me on the way home from Chicago the other week tried to conceal his carry-on bag between his legs and the side of the fuselage.  It didn't work :thumbsup:  Nice BA Lady took it away and hid it.  I like to think that one reason my fellow passenger had bagsied the seat right at the front of the cattle class cabin was that it affords a quicker getaway; he certainly looked a bit glum as half a 747 shuffled past him to do battle with LHR's immigration machine.

The words "Twat", "Super" and "Schadenfreude" probably apply to this case.
Something similar happened to a former orquer de vache of mine some years ago. MrEntitledST started to kick up a fuss about his too large carry on baggage being removed, wanted the flight attendant's name ect ect . My former orquer de vache suggested that if he didn't STFU, space would be made for him in the overhead locker instead.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

« Reply #2061 on: 12 October, 2016, 06:04:41 pm »
I've a friend who's a trouble shooter for a multinational. She's dedicating the next year  to get 1 million frequent flyer miles which she should get quite soon. We asked why it was so important, and she said, that 1 million miles will get you priority boarding for life. If you don't get priority boarding, you won't get a seat near the front, and you won't have space for your hand luggage. If you don't get those, you won't be one of the first off the plane. If you're not one of the first off the plane, you might not get a space on the first bus to the rental car hire. If you miss the bus, you have to wait 20 mins, and by the time you the bus delivers you to the rental car hire, the queue could be an hour. It's all a giant knock on effect that could mean that rather than take 20 mins to finally get out of the airport, it could be 2 to 3 hrs.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #2062 on: 12 October, 2016, 08:38:46 pm »
All the above makes me glad I don't fly often.

BTW. I heard from a former orquer de vache that the smart thing to do when landing in Florida was to be last off the plane. That way, by the time you reach the head of the car rental queueueueueueue, all the 'Group 1' cars have been hired. Which means that they're forced to upgrade you to the Millenium Falcon, or something.

Highly unlikely ever to be relevant to me but anyone know for sure . . . ?
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #2063 on: 12 October, 2016, 09:41:36 pm »
Something similar happened to a former orquer de vache of mine some years ago. MrEntitledST started to kick up a fuss about his too large carry on baggage being removed, wanted the flight attendant's name ect ect . My former orquer de vache suggested that if he didn't STFU, space would be made for him in the overhead locker instead.

I recall a similar conversation at the gate waiting to board a flight to Moscow some years ago. Obnoxious git turned up at the last minute, with both a large pull-along and a large suit carrier, demanding to be allowed on. The very calm lady at the desk gave him the option of leaving his bags behind or taking a later flight.  After a lot of nugatory shouting, he flounced off, to the accompaniment of applause from all of us who didn't have to put up with him on the flight.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

Guy

• Retired
« Reply #2064 on: 17 October, 2016, 09:44:04 am »
Christian Holliday
@CllrHolliday
Member of Guildford Conservative Association , Vote Leave Co-ordinator for Guildford, Ward Member for Burpham

This twat has started a petition on petition.parliament.uk:

Amend the Treason Felony Act to make supporting UK membership of the EU a crime.
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius

« Reply #2065 on: 17 October, 2016, 10:01:54 am »
Should I start one making being a super twat a crime?
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #2066 on: 17 October, 2016, 10:18:19 am »
Christian Holliday
@CllrHolliday
Member of Guildford Conservative Association , Vote Leave Co-ordinator for Guildford, Ward Member for Burpham

Amend the Treason Felony Act to make supporting UK membership of the EU a crime.
So he wants 48% of people who voted, millions of people, to be criminals?

Is he a S-T or very very very dim?
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #2067 on: 17 October, 2016, 12:40:48 pm »
Both.

Profoundly ignorant of the principles of democracy, as well.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #2068 on: 17 October, 2016, 01:30:28 pm »
Personally, I'm tempted to sign it, and ask everyone I know to do the same so that "how fucking stupid is Cllr Holliday?" gets to be debated in Parliament.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

« Reply #2069 on: 17 October, 2016, 02:10:35 pm »
Christian Holliday
@CllrHolliday

Wow! I lived in a failed African state for a couple of decades where you could be imprisoned for bad mouthing the President and his corrupt, single party government. As for being in the 48% minority... *sucks teeth...

...won't be long until our 1 Trillion Pound Sterling note (still in printing) won't buy you an egg.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #2071 on: 18 October, 2016, 04:32:17 pm »
I'm really not sure to say about that at all.   :facepalm:
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2072 on: 18 October, 2016, 05:01:56 pm »
I have to thank Dez OTP for sharing this on Facebook...

red marley

« Reply #2073 on: 18 October, 2016, 06:15:50 pm »
Teenage boy doesn't quite understand female anatomy shocker. No news there, just some clickbait triviality. He's not a super-twat (although he would benefit doing some homework on what one is), he's just a teenage boy.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2074 on: 18 October, 2016, 06:30:35 pm »
(Presumably) sexually active teenage boy displays educational FAILURE and power of social media.

People would be less flabbergasted if he were a YOUNG teen but at 19, this DOES show shocking ignorance.