Author Topic: App based Event check-in  (Read 622 times)

App based Event check-in
« on: 25 July, 2020, 10:19:24 am »
Taking time to think ahead to the new normal for 2021.  I really want to eliminate the check in desk melee.    Anyone know of an APP based event check-in that could be used.    Giving out Brevet cards is another problem.   Thanks for any pointers. 

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
App based Event check-in
« Reply #1 on: 25 July, 2020, 11:54:34 am »
Have a look at myguestlist.com - a local coffee shop was using this when I visited recently.

https://myguestlist.com.au/mgl/contact_forms/covid-checkin/

Visitors check in by scanning a QR code on their phone when they arrive. Very simple and user-friendly.

Of course, you’d need a manual alternative as backup for non-smartphone users. (Apparently, such people still exist.)

ETA: thinking about it, if you or your riders don’t like ideas of giving personal details to a third party, it would be pretty easy to set up your own version of this on your own website.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: App based Event check-in
« Reply #2 on: 25 July, 2020, 12:29:44 pm »
The BHPC have decided to solve this problem by moving sign-on to our existing web shop.  People will provide their details (including those required for contact-tracing purposes) and pay their entry fee on the web in advance of the event.  Also camping at Darley Moor, which has traditionally been dealt with by someone walking around collecting fivers.  No app needed, but muggins gets to work out how to turn web-shop output into entries in the sign-on system (it's going to be a manual process, until I work out how to automate it).

The only thing we should need to do on the day is give timing tags to those who need new ones; I'll be writing them in advance to avoid creating a queue, and my current thinking is to simply lay them out on a table to be picked up by the rider, in the style of brevet cards at audax events.

If someone fails to turn up, that's fine.  We'll notice when the timing system doesn't see them on the track, if not before.