Author Topic: What was the last film you watched?  (Read 952371 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Re: What was the last film you watched?
« Reply #2750 on: 14 December, 2012, 01:09:39 pm »
Seven Psychopaths which I enjoyed despite being a bit short-changed on the psychopath front

Did you remember to include yourself in the tally?
Getting there...

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #2751 on: 14 December, 2012, 01:29:32 pm »
Started watching Kingdom of Heaven last night, but started falling asleep, so saving it for another day.

I got 5 minutes into it and remembered I had seen it before, but had enjoyed it.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Hillbilly

« Reply #2752 on: 16 December, 2012, 07:09:05 am »
Up.

Not my cup of tea. Technically excellent but the  plot was all over the place.

« Reply #2753 on: 16 December, 2012, 07:57:39 am »
Rise of the Guardians wiv da kids. 3D good.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #2754 on: 16 December, 2012, 07:59:08 am »
Up.

Not my cup of tea. Technically excellent but the  plot was all over the place.
I thought they should have ended the film when the house first took off from the building site.  It wouldn't have been long enough for a feature, but it would have been the best short film ever.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Jakob

« Reply #2755 on: 16 December, 2012, 08:30:45 am »
End of the Watch.
Very hard not to see it as a promo-piece for the LAPD, but still very engaging.

Jakob

« Reply #2756 on: 16 December, 2012, 08:32:03 am »
Started watching Kingdom of Heaven last night, but started falling asleep, so saving it for another day.

I got 5 minutes into it and remembered I had seen it before, but had enjoyed it.

It's really worth getting the directors cut. (Even if it's 3 hours long). It does the movie much more justice than the original cinematic release.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #2757 on: 16 December, 2012, 11:12:10 am »
The Bourne Legacy.

Like a jigsaw puzzle with some wrong bits and the pieces all jammed together by an impatient 6 year old.
It is simpler than it looks.

tiermat

« Reply #2758 on: 16 December, 2012, 12:18:38 pm »

It's really worth getting the directors cut. (Even if it's 3 hours long). It does the movie much more justice than the original cinematic release.

Finished watching it last night, really really enjoyed it.  Not sure just why it is on heavy rotation on Sky Movies at the moment, but I am glad it is! :)

I may well take up that suggestion, Jakob.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #2759 on: 16 December, 2012, 01:00:16 pm »
The Bourne Legacy.

Like a jigsaw puzzle with some wrong bits and the pieces all jammed together by an impatient 6 year old.
That's what the MTV generation demands.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #2760 on: 16 December, 2012, 06:48:49 pm »
Seven Psychopaths which I enjoyed despite being a bit short-changed on the psychopath front

Did you remember to include yourself in the tally?
Thanks, that clears that one up
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #2761 on: 16 December, 2012, 06:54:14 pm »
Most of Follow the Fleet and ten minutes of ET.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #2762 on: 16 December, 2012, 09:51:12 pm »
Just watched The Expendables 2.  Total trash...

...and I absolutely loved it.   :thumbsup:
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

red marley

« Reply #2763 on: 16 December, 2012, 11:24:34 pm »
The Bourne Legacy.

That's what the MTV generation demands.

Obligatory XKCD reference...

spindrift

« Reply #2764 on: 16 December, 2012, 11:30:53 pm »
The Bourne Legacy.

It demeans what went before.

tiermat

« Reply #2765 on: 19 December, 2012, 01:15:27 pm »
Abraham Licoln: Vampire Hunter

Fantastic rubbish!

LEE

« Reply #2766 on: 19 December, 2012, 01:38:05 pm »
Is "Band of Brothers" considered a film? (if the Hobbit is, then this is)

Anyway, I spent a few days watching the Box-Set.

I must have loved it because it's 10 episodes (plus interviews with the actual surviving soldiers behind the main characters) and I was always in a  rush to watch the next disc.

It confirmed my feelings that I never want to be physically involved in a war.  Captures some of the horror as best a TV set, 60 years on, can I think.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #2767 on: 20 December, 2012, 09:50:19 am »
The Hobbit: An unexpected journey.

Me too. Someone needs to stand up to Peter Jackson and tell him that it isn't big and it isn't clever. OK?

It has the cinematic feel of a child being left the keys to the CGI sweetie shop and no self restraint, and an editor without the balls to cut the superfluous bits or avoid primal screaming the 'cinematic effects' (hint: adding fake motion blur to films is bad enough, adding it to 3D films is a crime for which having your eyes gouged out with a blunt red hot spoon would be the appropriate punishment). Half an hour too long (and easy to see where it could be cut), flows as smoothly as a rusted chain and some of the lighting choices are just wierd (check out Gandalf almost all the way through). Classic bits of the story that would have been great cinema and suspense were replaced by gratuitous brawl melees.

It does bring in some of the backstory from the Silmarillion on Middle Earth and some understandable license is taken, but some is ridiculous, adds nothing and should be cut.

Highlights:
Andy Serkis, Ian Mckellan and Cate Blanchett are every bit as good as you would expect.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #2768 on: 21 December, 2012, 07:42:50 am »
The Expendables. Utter, utter, utter crap. Not one saving feature*. An attempt to take the video game trivialisation of death and violence onto screen.

*There was a Ducati in it at one point, but it was ridden by Jason Statham, thus rendering it invisible.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

« Reply #2769 on: 21 December, 2012, 08:15:13 am »
The Hobbit: An unexpected journey.

Me too. Someone needs to stand up to Peter Jackson and tell him that it isn't big and it isn't clever. OK?

It has the cinematic feel of a child being left the keys to the CGI sweetie shop and no self restraint, and an editor without the balls to cut the superfluous bits or avoid primal screaming the 'cinematic effects' (hint: adding fake motion blur to films is bad enough, adding it to 3D films is a crime for which having your eyes gouged out with a blunt red hot spoon would be the appropriate punishment). Half an hour too long (and easy to see where it could be cut), flows as smoothly as a rusted chain and some of the lighting choices are just wierd (check out Gandalf almost all the way through). Classic bits of the story that would have been great cinema and suspense were replaced by gratuitous brawl melees.

It does bring in some of the backstory from the Silmarillion on Middle Earth and some understandable license is taken, but some is ridiculous, adds nothing and should be cut.

Highlights:
Andy Serkis, Ian Mckellan and Cate Blanchett are every bit as good as you would expect.
Well.... we've now seen it 2D & 3D.

2D- I was 'sold' as soon as the dwarves sang.
3D- adds nothing but seasickness.

« Reply #2770 on: 21 December, 2012, 08:35:58 pm »
The Blues Brothers - again. Just over two hours of rather good entertainment.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2771 on: 21 December, 2012, 09:26:49 pm »
I love that film
Getting there...

« Reply #2772 on: 22 December, 2012, 11:54:26 am »
It was that or Jean de Florette. I'm saving that one though.

LEE

« Reply #2773 on: 22 December, 2012, 02:24:53 pm »
It was that or Jean de Florette. I'm saving that one though.

I hope you realise that watching "Jean de Florette" AND "Manon des Sources" in close succession is about as good as cinema gets.

The two films viewed as one is even better than the sum of their already excellent parts.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #2774 on: 22 December, 2012, 04:30:33 pm »
Last night watched Fargo which is one of my faves. Today because it's too miserable to venture out of the front door we watched Moon, which was ok. Possibly not the sharpest clones in the box though.

That's probably more films in one weekend than the last 6 months....
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.