Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1569052 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #250 on: 09 June, 2011, 03:58:10 pm »
Causing an unexpected spike in productivity?

Yes, The Boss and The system Mangler had to log in from home and do all the difficult stuff why I just looked out of the window ;D
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #251 on: 10 June, 2011, 10:49:21 pm »
Brake bosses, you don't really want to go with the old brake block do you? Please detach yourselves so that I can put the new v-brakes back on.

This refurb is taking far longer than I planned.
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #252 on: 12 June, 2011, 09:24:07 pm »
PMS, fuck off.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #253 on: 13 June, 2011, 02:44:02 pm »
Weather and washed-out flints - FRO.

Another set of carcass threads sliced, and tyre now in the process of self-destruction; let's see if the Uncle Sam boot gets me home tonight...

EDIT: Nope  ::-)

I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #254 on: 15 June, 2011, 01:00:22 am »
Dear Apple Store,
I placed an order for D's birthday present on 14/6/11. Can you please explain why you are giving expected delivery dates of 29 June - 06 July. Does it really take up to three weeks to pack and send stuffs to London?
Why?
Your website states delivery 1-2 weeks, which is already pretty generous. Tack on another week and I can only surmise that your whole company must inhale herbal cigarettes throughout the working week.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #255 on: 15 June, 2011, 10:16:17 am »
Saw podiatrist today.
She reckons my feet are pretty good at over pronating.
Got given a set of calf stretches to do, now to wait until late august / start september until I get an appointment with the biomechanic clinic.

I'm sure there must be a law against going into a farmers field and stretching his calves though?   ;)

« Reply #256 on: 15 June, 2011, 10:49:28 am »
Only a grumble, as it doesn't directly affect me, but next door must be pissed off:

Contractors, you or your employing company have known for a  week that you'd have to dig the path up in front of our houses. It wouldn't have done any harm to slip a note through our doors a day or two in advance letting us know you'd be working would it?

Unsociable next-door neighbour but one: You commissioned the work, so the same applies to you, as I assume you knew too.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

dasmoth

• Techno-optimist
« Reply #257 on: 18 June, 2011, 03:47:40 pm »
Just broken my second Grasshopper derailleur hanger.  Starting to suspect the things are made of cheese -- all I did this time was put a teeny bit of lateral force on while trying to get everything lined up to replace the wheel.  At least I wasn't out riding this time.

The thought of trying to persuade Bikefix to sell me another one is too painful to contemplate.  So, I guess it's a toss-up between Kevin@DTek or seeing if I can order directly from Germany.

...or, perhaps, just whittling my own from a nice block of cheddar...
Half term's when the traffic becomes mysteriously less bad for a week.

« Reply #258 on: 18 June, 2011, 06:15:28 pm »
Self: when ordering a dozen brake blocks, why the hell didn't you think to check if you had any spare brake cables?
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #259 on: 19 June, 2011, 10:13:10 am »
This is more of a  :facepalm: moment than a grumble really. I've just read the most retarded client complaint ever about one of my colleagues. The client accused him of rudely calling her inpatient. The clinical notes had logged an 'inpatient enquiry'. Her pet was an inpatient at the time and she had phoned for an update  :facepalm:

« Reply #260 on: 19 June, 2011, 10:22:11 am »
This is more of a  :facepalm: moment than a grumble really. I've just read the most retarded client complaint ever about one of my colleagues. The client accused him of rudely calling her inpatient. The clinical notes had logged an 'inpatient enquiry'. Her pet was an inpatient at the time and she had phoned for an update  :facepalm:

::-) ;D

« Reply #261 on: 19 June, 2011, 10:36:58 am »
Just watching SFTW on BBC 2
'Dab, its a very pretty fish'
Probably doesnt feel feel very pretty now you have cut its head off

Rapples

« Reply #262 on: 19 June, 2011, 10:40:31 am »

That's just imcredibly stupid :facepalm:

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #263 on: 19 June, 2011, 11:05:30 am »

::-) ;D

A while ago, Word's spillchucker would make suggestions about this word. Automagic spelling corrections may cause grief...

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #264 on: 20 June, 2011, 12:24:54 am »
Dear tinnitus, piss off.  At least I knew to expect you after all the audio I've had this weekend.  Sleep soon!

essexian

« Reply #265 on: 20 June, 2011, 01:52:42 pm »
Pointless beeping at cyclists number 1 742 821

Dear Nissain Driver

Please don't beep at me as I climb the humpback bridge over the railway line on the Newport Road...here

Google Maps

I checked over my shoulder 3 times and there was more than sufficient time for me to pull over to the right hand lane which starts just before the top of the bridge (where the white car is next to the road sign). Okay, I did not stick my hand out but then, I was out of the saddle trying to keep my average speed up at around 18mph as not to slow the traffic down.

Yes, I do need to be in the right hand lane as I was going straight on. The left hand lane is turn left only. And oh, I am soooooooo sorry that my slowing down made you miss the lights. Enjoy waiting did you?

Sigh. Take your beep and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

Regards

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #266 on: 20 June, 2011, 02:57:37 pm »
When I'm doing some DIY, I hate the noise when the drill is straining.

That (amplified) is what the noise from the nearby building site sounds like.

It's OK; it's only been going on for a week.  I'm sure it will pass, whatever the hell they are doing. >:(
Getting there...

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #267 on: 20 June, 2011, 04:46:54 pm »
I noticed at about 3pm I had birdshit on my right chest. God knows what time today I was splatted.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #268 on: 20 June, 2011, 06:56:12 pm »
I noticed at about 3pm I had birdshit on my right chest. God knows what time today I was splatted.

I bet afterwards you felt a right t_t?

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #269 on: 20 June, 2011, 10:00:21 pm »
Booby or a tit, I expect.

IGMC
Getting there...

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #270 on: 21 June, 2011, 10:33:09 am »
Dear just about everbody.  That van driven by the Trotters in Only Fools And Arses is a Regal, not a fucking Robin, m'kay.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #271 on: 21 June, 2011, 10:40:11 am »
Is that a Regal Robin, then? :demon:
Getting there...

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #272 on: 21 June, 2011, 04:13:34 pm »
Can we be reliant on that?

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #273 on: 21 June, 2011, 07:59:51 pm »
I wish the people accross the road would hang their curtains up properly, they're really bugging me.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #274 on: 21 June, 2011, 09:52:01 pm »
;D  I misread that.
Getting there...