Author Topic: Hunting the yAcfer...  (Read 4835 times)

Hunting the yAcfer...
« on: 19 April, 2008, 03:05:03 pm »
While hunting for Valiant's recent posts just now in order to send him a PM, and immediately finding myself searching for him in Not Safe for Work  ::-) it occurred to me that certain yAcfers are most likely to be found in certain boards.  :demon:

So, where are you most likely to be found?  Or have you noticed certain suspects are always sitting in their favourite Yacf corner? And what does it say about them/you?

I'm usually in the Pub or Health & Fitness at the moment. For obvious reasons.  :-[

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: Hunting the yAcfer...
« Reply #1 on: 19 April, 2008, 03:12:00 pm »
I'm in Health and Efficiency.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #2 on: 19 April, 2008, 03:16:26 pm »
Audax or The Knowledge.

I have large chunks of this place ignored.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #3 on: 19 April, 2008, 04:55:34 pm »
My forum bookmark is the while you were away link so I don't think about which boards topics are in.

I have just started playing with Ignore Boards Preferences so you won't find me in Not Safe For Work at the moment.

I do that too.

Not the ignore boards bit though ;D

« Reply #4 on: 19 April, 2008, 06:03:17 pm »
My forum bookmark is the while you were away link so I don't think about which boards topics are in.

I have just started playing with Ignore Boards Preferences so you won't find me in Not Safe For Work at the moment.

I do that too.

Not the ignore boards bit though ;D

+1  :thumbsup:

I haven't a clue where this post is.

« Reply #5 on: 19 April, 2008, 07:41:31 pm »
I must surf in a totally different way to most, then. I start from the main board, and go from there. I never use the 'recent posts' button.  ???

« Reply #6 on: 19 April, 2008, 08:39:46 pm »
I must surf in a totally different way to most, then. I start from the main board, and go from there. I never use the 'recent posts' button.  ???

Same here. Never even clicked on the R2U or While You Were Away links.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Zoidburg

« Reply #7 on: 19 April, 2008, 09:16:02 pm »
Not Safe For Work

Nowhere will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

::-)

« Reply #8 on: 19 April, 2008, 09:41:07 pm »

Same here.

I tend to read The Pub and Velo Fixe first though, then Gallery and when I am riding Ride and Touring, Further and Faster and Freewheeling.
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

« Reply #9 on: 20 April, 2008, 01:06:51 am »
Another While You Were Awayer here, but I seem to end up (just looking, honest!  O:-) ) in NSFW.  ::-)
What's this bottom line for anyway?

alchemy

« Reply #10 on: 20 April, 2008, 01:36:11 am »
First thing I do is read the recent posts of certain people. After that, I check While You Were Away now that I've discovered it.

I'm totally uninterested in the Audax board so I don't care about that, and I hardly ever bother with Vroom. Apart from those, I usually go to a thread in the others if it shows up in the WYWA list and it appeals to me.

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #11 on: 20 April, 2008, 01:52:58 pm »
I use While You Were Away too.  The boards I read most are the Pub, Audax, Freewheeling, R&T, B&B and Tandems.  Not by design, just because those are the topics I tend to click on.

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
« Reply #12 on: 20 April, 2008, 03:23:42 pm »
I do WYWA if it hasn't been long since my last visit, or if I know I have a couple of hours. But if there is (or I know there's likely to be) more than 3 pages of updated topics, I'll probably just look in the Knowledge and the classifieds, and hope that someone will tell me if there has been another forum meltdown ::-)
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

« Reply #13 on: 20 April, 2008, 03:29:12 pm »

I do that too.

I like the knowledge boards best but sometimes find myself in Politics.  I should resist it better.

Mike J

• Guinea Pig Person
« Reply #14 on: 20 April, 2008, 05:37:29 pm »
I use while you were away, and then work through there and mark read areas of the forum I have no interest in.

« Reply #15 on: 20 April, 2008, 08:05:35 pm »
Audax or The Knowledge.

I have large chunks of this place ignored.

Same for me

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #16 on: 20 April, 2008, 08:08:17 pm »
I barely look at any part of the forum, and try to post as little as possible....
Getting there...

« Reply #17 on: 20 April, 2008, 09:59:10 pm »
Admirable restraint Clarion, Chapeau!  ;D
What's this bottom line for anyway?

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #18 on: 20 April, 2008, 10:01:05 pm »
;) ;) ;)
Getting there...

Tourist Tony

• Supermassive mobile flesh-toned black hole
« Reply #19 on: 21 April, 2008, 03:37:47 am »
I will normally be found in Sweetness and Light. Anything else will attract the attention of m'learned friends.....

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #20 on: 28 April, 2008, 12:20:29 pm »
While hunting for Valiant's recent posts just now in order to send him a PM, and immediately finding myself searching for him in Not Safe for Work  ::-) it occurred to me that certain yAcfers are most likely to be found in certain boards.  :demon:

So, where are you most likely to be found?  Or have you noticed certain suspects are always sitting in their favourite Yacf corner? And what does it say about them/you?

I'm usually in the Pub or Health & Fitness at the moment. For obvious reasons.  :-[

Well people have said I should be XXX rated ;)
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Si

« Reply #21 on: 28 April, 2008, 01:35:11 pm »
I think that I'm most likely to be found in Allotment as I seem to be getting more joy from growing stuff than cycling at the moment.  I have tried allotment specific fora but I find that even though this is a cycling rather than allotment fora there is a better class of people here.

spen666

« Reply #22 on: 28 April, 2008, 03:16:12 pm »
I will normally be found in Sweetness and Light. Anything else will attract the attention of m'learned friends.....

Well that'swho the other person using sweetness and light is then