Author Topic: Homeland - US TV Series  (Read 9875 times)

LEE

Re: Homeland - US TV Series
« Reply #50 on: 04 November, 2013, 11:25:23 am »

I didn't see that coming.
Nor me.  :thumbsup:

( Do you think Brody is too?!? )

Interesting thought but..

(click to show/hide)

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #51 on: 04 November, 2013, 11:54:40 am »
I'm a bit behind on the current series - I have the last few episodes saved to watch but I'm wondering whether to bother. It's gone beyond stupid now.

I'm enjoying The Blacklist much more - it's equally preposterous but doesn't take itself nearly as seriously.

PM, you'll be pleased to know that a fourth series has already been commissioned.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

LEE

« Reply #52 on: 04 November, 2013, 01:24:53 pm »

PM, you'll be pleased to know that a fourth series has already been commissioned.

So it will deteriorate into "Lost" as they tear up any satisfactory ending and spread the jam thinner and thinner.

citoyen

« Reply #53 on: 04 November, 2013, 03:12:56 pm »
Some might argue it's gone that way already.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #54 on: 05 November, 2013, 04:23:31 pm »
I'm enjoying The Blacklist much more - it's equally preposterous but doesn't take itself nearly as seriously.
haven't seen this (guess why!), but I note that it stars Homeland's Diego Klatenhoff. Can anyone with such a name take themselves seriously?
(edited for typos)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

citoyen

« Reply #55 on: 05 November, 2013, 04:40:34 pm »
I note that it stars Homeland's Diego Klatenhoff. Can anyone with such name take themselves seriously.

;D

The really funny thing is that he plays essentially the same over-earnest character in both. Or maybe that's just his acting style.

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #56 on: 24 December, 2013, 10:07:19 am »
Well, it's over. A pretty solid episode - not the best they've done, but leagues better than most over-egged finales. Most loose ends tied up, everything happened in a believable (perhaps inevitable) sequence of events. But:

(click to show/hide)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #57 on: 24 December, 2013, 01:56:12 pm »
Well, it's over.
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #58 on: 28 October, 2014, 10:34:11 pm »
 i think this series is going pretty well. It may have legs.

The Big Scene in Ep1 was genuinely traumatic.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #59 on: 29 October, 2014, 08:22:30 am »
Watching this from the beginning with m'boy.  Series one episode eight and Carrie is getting right on my tit-ends. She's awful!
Milk please, no sugar.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #60 on: 29 October, 2014, 09:24:00 am »
I struggled through the first two eps of the current series but have now given up.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #61 on: 29 October, 2014, 01:07:54 pm »
Watching this from the beginning with m'boy.  Series one episode eight and Carrie is getting right on my tit-ends. She's awful!
She does have a serious mental illness !!!
Has never ridden RAAM
---------

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #62 on: 29 October, 2014, 01:49:29 pm »
I know plenty of people with serious mental illness.  She is merely bloody rude.  It isn't the same thing y'know.
Milk please, no sugar.

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #63 on: 29 October, 2014, 02:28:24 pm »
I know plenty of people with serious mental illness.  She is merely bloody rude.  It isn't the same thing y'know.
I never said it was  :-\

Anyway...
  her "personality" is pretty much the main feature of all series to date.(Although Brody grabs a big chunk of the limelight some of the time).

I think CD's performance is ace. Clearly Carrie's not an entirely pleasant - let alone reasonable - character. I'm sure she's very Marmite; some will hate her, I expect.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #64 on: 29 October, 2014, 09:26:14 pm »
I actually like her much more after her meltdown at the end of series one. Not terribly comfortable with the portrayal of her as bipolar-sauvant, but totally get the way you have no credibility once you're outed as an official mentalist. I might stick with it now.
Milk please, no sugar.

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #65 on: 10 November, 2014, 03:47:53 pm »
Am now up to date. And everyone in the series is a psychopath except possibly Quinn. Bet you he dies.
Milk please, no sugar.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #66 on: 10 November, 2014, 06:32:37 pm »
I actually like her much more after her meltdown at the end of series one. Not terribly comfortable with the portrayal of her as bipolar-sauvant, but totally get the way you have no credibility once you're outed as an official mentalist. I might stick with it now.

Even Dr Larrington, who normally has more patience than me over such matters, has lost patience with the Carrie-as-swivel-eyed-loon thing.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #67 on: 15 December, 2014, 09:40:27 pm »
Well, it's actually getting a bit riveting now. 

(click to show/hide)

But it's beginning to be a bit like soap opera, rather than spy drama.  Let's have a bit more plot, instead of personality.
Milk please, no sugar.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #68 on: 15 December, 2014, 11:23:09 pm »
There is money in the pot for a season more.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #69 on: 17 December, 2014, 05:49:23 pm »

(click to show/hide)

But it's beginning to be a bit like soap opera, rather than spy drama.  Let's have a bit more plot, instead of personality.
Soap opera? This week had !more action than ever! Did you fast-forward thru the shooting to get to the marriage matters?  :P
Has never ridden RAAM
---------

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #70 on: 17 December, 2014, 06:05:33 pm »

(click to show/hide)

Soap opera? This week had !more action than ever! Did you fast-forward thru the shooting to get to the marriage matters?  :P

Must have  ???
Milk please, no sugar.

Andrew

« Reply #71 on: 17 December, 2014, 07:30:07 pm »
I heard blokey me chap on Desert Island discs a few days back. I didn't realise he was a Brit. Seems like every US  series has a Brit or Aussie (or several) doing a passable accent these days!

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #72 on: 26 December, 2014, 03:21:22 pm »

(click to show/hide)

I take it all back.  Just watched Krieg Nicht Lieb.  The plot has thickened immensely.  Roll on Sunday.
Milk please, no sugar.

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #73 on: 11 October, 2015, 10:49:46 pm »
Aaaand it's back!  Cracking episode tonight  :thumbsup:
Milk please, no sugar.

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #74 on: 12 October, 2015, 12:10:50 pm »
Yup, a good start. I'm optimistic about this series :)

(and a believable small bike-related plot point - you spoil us ambassador!)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------