General Category > Health & Fitness

Lockdown fitness

(1/20) > >>

Greenbank:
Notes and suggestions for keeping fit (other than just a daily walk/run/cycle or endless turbo trainer)

Mon/Wed/Fri:-
* 3 x 5k runs a week (daily outdoor exercise - no chance for cycling) now aim to end it by meeting up with wife/daughter out on their walk - will try and build one run up to 10km
* 100 pushup programme - https://hundredpushups.com/index.html

Tue/Thu/SatOrSun:-
* Walk with family (daily outdoor exercise)
* Leg Blasters - https://sawback.com/articles/leg-blasters/ (whilst outside rather than annoying downstairs neighbours)
* Skipping in the garden (daughter led activity)

Eating meals a lot more regularly now, proper portion control and less snacking and the weight is slowly sliding off.

Cycling and swimming fitness will go to pot, but not worried about that. I'll happily take being Xkg lighter and running/core fit and needing to rebuild cycling/swimming from scratch.

Burpees seem popular but I'll use the current exercises to get my core fitness up a bit first.

Need to do more stretching and other core exercises, luckily I have a terror foam roller and even a bosu ball from recent ankle injury.

vorsprung:
Most days
30 minutes Pilates at 7am
1h bike ride at lunchtime

Weekend might be a different/longer bike ride
Some days I might skip Pilates
Some days I might substitute pushing a wheel barrow to the recycling centre for bike ride

SteveC:
Running on alternate days. A bit over 5k on weekdays, 10k at the weekend.
Other days, going for a walk with MrsC as our 'permitted exercise' (we've spent more time walking round the village in the last week than in most years).
I really ought to try some strength exercises.

Phil W:
Step repeats - run up steps, walk down steps, run up steps.

Squats

One leg step ups swing other leg up high. Done on fallen trees in woods.

Pull ups on random trees in the woods away from main footpaths

Tricep dips on stairs with bent legs

Planks and press ups

Standing on one leg touch toes with opposite hand, return upright, repeat. Do with other leg as well.

One leg hip raises

Standing jumps.  Mark a line on the grass in your garden or local park. Jumpers, spare socks, whatever you have to hand. Stand behind line. bend legs , swing arms back then uncoil swinging forwards  and mark how far you get. Try and beat your previous best efforts.

Piggy back races if your kids are young and light enough.

Wheel barrow races

Old wheel rims and sticks. Mark out a basic course on grass then race each other round it trying to move rims with sticks like when you were young.

mrcharly-YHT:
A bit of jogging, maybe 3 times a week. Arthritic hip won't stand more.

Was starting to paddle 5-10km 3 times a week from home, but there is a huge backlash against that. For some reason, paddling kayak on river is bad, running or cycling is good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version