Author Topic: Derailleur hanger store  (Read 728 times)

Derailleur hanger store
« on: 24 June, 2020, 07:44:19 am »
I need a new mech hanger for my Merida race lite 904. From my Googling I have found of the fleabay from Spain or from Derailleur hanger store. Has anyone got experience of using this store?

Re: Derailleur hanger store
« Reply #1 on: 24 June, 2020, 08:14:21 am »
A Marwi/Union GH-043 will fit your bike and is available from a number of sources including bikester (less than £9)

This listing indicates all the compatible machines for this hanger

https://www.elanusparts.com/derailleur-hangers/gh-043-derailleur-hanger-for-centurion-focus-fuji-kalkhoff-merida

which may help with any further searching.

cheers

« Reply #2 on: 24 June, 2020, 08:20:05 am »
Awesome thanks.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #3 on: 24 June, 2020, 10:02:04 am »
I need a new mech hanger for my Merida race lite 904. From my Googling I have found of the fleabay from Spain or from Derailleur hanger store. Has anyone got experience of using this store?

Yep - I used the Derailleur Store quite a lot when I was running an LBS - normally excellent service.   Unless the bike is listed by make/model/year it's often difficult to work out the correct hanger* - I had the luxury of a Wheels Manufacturing printed wall chart that you could lay the busted hanger on to to get the right one.

Rob

* I also had an angle grinder  ;)

« Reply #4 on: 24 June, 2020, 10:23:44 am »
New one on order thanks again

I was slightly hampered by it missing bits of the hanger to get the exact size. I did crash the bike several years ago and the mech was scuffed so it did take an impact so wonder if this was the start of a slow decay. I didn't have time to check the mech so will check that mech failure hasn't occurred which has caused the failure of the hanger