Author Topic: The Killing / Forbrydelsen II  (Read 5086 times)

Jakob

Re: The Killing / Forbrydelsen II
« Reply #50 on: 19 December, 2011, 11:55:23 pm »
Hmm. I really enjoyed the series, but not so sure I liked the ending, especially Buch selling out.

Unfortunately it was also a little too obvious that Lund was wearing a vest.

Didn't stop me from enjoying the series, though!

ludwig

• never eat a cyclists gloves
    • grown in wales
« Reply #51 on: 20 December, 2011, 07:41:37 am »
Funny how people only get shot in the torso when they are wearing a B P vest

« Reply #52 on: 20 December, 2011, 10:40:20 am »
All good stuff, but I can't see someone like the defence minister taking a shafting like that without some sort of payback. Buch's sellout at the end was entirely in the spirit of today's realpolitik. I don't think he looked bewildered, just ashamed.

And yes, Lund's shooting was not in the nature of a special forces soldier. Isn't the maxim two in the chest & one in the head, or have I been watching too many American gung-ho movies?
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #53 on: 20 December, 2011, 11:17:37 am »
I've thought about why he didn't shoot her in the head. It's because he's trying to make it look like Raben shot her. Simples. (Maybe too simples...)

I think the defence minister would take it - he's been loyal all along, knows it's for the greater good and knows it's only his word against the prime minister so he doesn't stand a chance anyway. But maybe he'll come back to haunt the PM in a future story...

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #54 on: 21 December, 2011, 05:23:18 pm »
Yep, the last words as episode 10 faded out was that there's a third series. Didn't say when, though.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #55 on: 21 December, 2011, 05:41:49 pm »
They're filming series three now and it's due on Danish TV late 2012. No idea when it will come to British TV. The story is related to the global financial crisis.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."